Why exactly do people think straight men are suddenly allowed to have feelings?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
Look, I'm not saying they're wrong. Other people can have them. Real men aren't other people though. There are standards. You don't get to fall in love or be afraid or any of that bullshit. Your whole gender role is based around being stronger than that. You're supposed to be the stable, stoic, invulnerable one the people who do indulge in that stuff can lean on. That's kind of why society has kept us around all this time. Someone has to be the one to rise above petty, meaningless emotions and do what needs to be done. Someone has to make the hard choices so nobody else has to.

Look, I'm not saying they're wrong. Other people can have them. Real men aren't other people though. There are standards. You don't get to fall in love or be afraid or any of that bullshit. Your whole gender role is based around being stronger than that. You're supposed to be the stable, stoic, invulnerable one the people who do indulge in that stuff can lean on. That's kind of why society has kept us around all this time. Someone has to be the one to rise above petty, meaningless emotions and do what needs to be done. Someone has to make the hard choices so nobody else has to.

I think I qualify as "STRAIGHT".....and frankly I have a lot of feelings. That one keep them under control is what separates one from the bloody nancy boys. I feel elation at Tchaikovsky and Bocelli, sadness at any suffering but also determination to right wrongs. One must merely have one's shit together.imo

Greg

Pedro, are you fucking "coming out"?

Take that shit outside!!

Pedro, are you fucking "coming out"?

Take that shit outside!!
I'm saying that society is wrong for trying to erase gender roles. Are you one of the people okay with this?

I think all men should fall in love.
I just don't think many do (well, at least not with me)
... well at least not the men I have wanted to with me....
never mind, maybe you're right... LOL!

I can honestly say that I have never truly fallen in love. Lust? Yes. Horny-compromised affection and solidarity. Yes. Weird preternatural attractions? Yes. Fixated? Yes. But never true love.

I personally think it's okay to feel a little fear when you're doing something dangerous. Because, as a friend of mine taught me, the difference between a hero and a coward is being scared but not letting the fear stop you.

Fear is good in small doses, it keeps you alert and aware.

Love? I've felt love a time or two in my life, and I also felt the pain of loss when those relationships came to an end. I also have people in my life that I love like my own family, even though we're not related, and I cherish them in my life.

Emotions don't make you less of a man, they make you more of one. But, like someone said further up the thread, the real test is being able to feel those emotions and not let them lead you around by the nose.

I think I qualify as "STRAIGHT".....and frankly I have a lot of feelings. That one keep them under control is what separates one from the bloody nancy boys. I feel elation at Tchaikovsky and Bocelli, sadness at any suffering but also determination to right wrongs. One must merely have one's shit together.imo

Greg
You must be a fag.

Real men don't have feelings.

I personally think it's okay to feel a little fear when you're doing something dangerous. Because, as a friend of mine taught me, the difference between a hero and a coward is being scared but not letting the fear stop you.

Love? I've felt love a time or two in my life, and I also felt the pain of loss when those relationships came to an end. I also have people in my life that I love like my own family, even though we're not related, and I cherish them in my life.

Emotions don't make you less of a man, they make you more of one. But, like someone said further up the thread, the real test is being able to feel those emotions and not let them lead you around by the nose.
Scaredy cat.

Scaredy cat.

No, it's not that I'm scared, it's that that little bit of fear I feel is more like exhilaration.

I've done lots of things, I've skydived, I've zip lined across the Royal Gorge (did that for my birthday this year), ridden a bicycle by myself from Memphis TN to Jacksonville FL (7 days), also from Jacksonville FL to Newport RI (12 days), and from Newport RI to Norfolk VA (5 days).

I've also been on a bicycle at 66 mph, and that is one of the coolest things I've done (was going down a BIG hill), and let me tell you, if you're not at least a bit nervous when you get the wheel wobbles at between 61 and 63 mph, you're more than a bit nuts.

Nope............no scardy cat here.

I can honestly say that I have never truly fallen in love. Lust? Yes. Horny-compromised affection and solidarity. Yes. Weird preternatural attractions? Yes. Fixated? Yes. But never true love.

How about emotionally addicted? Oh, never mind, sounds like you have one of those (a dick) judging by the horny, lust, fixated part. Yes, you do qualify as being straight. Everything is okay...

Scaredy cat.

No, it's not that I'm scared, it's that that little bit of fear I feel is more like exhilaration.

I've done lots of things, I've skydived, I've zip lined across the Royal Gorge (did that for my birthday this year), ridden a bicycle by myself from Memphis TN to Jacksonville FL (7 days), also from Jacksonville FL to Newport RI (12 days), and from Newport RI to Norfolk VA (5 days).

I've also been on a bicycle at 66 mph, and that is one of the coolest things I've done (was going down a BIG hill), and let me tell you, if you're not at least a bit nervous when you get the wheel wobbles at between 61 and 63 mph, you're more than a bit nuts.

Nope............no scardy cat here.
I was just pulling your chain.

"Emotions don't make you less of a man, they make you more of a man."

This is such bullshit. You only say this because you see yourself as being in touch with your homo emotions but do not want to project a homo vibe. It's like those bumper stickers that say," Real Men Love Jesus". Bullshit. Real men like to fuck and blow shit up. Nietzsche calls your simplistic method "revaluation of values."

'Real men' who don't show their emotions and are macho and 'hard' are exactly what needs to get bred out of the human animal.

Would you recognize love? Do you think you are capable of love? Or have you just not met the right one?

Forum List

Back