Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Still. That’s still true. Let me ask you this. If you think those dollar amounts accurately reflect the value of revenue, that means the value of revenue is not going UP. You do get that right? On the one hand you’re trying to say that revenue goes up every year, but on the other you’re saying the dollar amount reflects the true value of the revenue. That would just mean it is stagnant.
There is a real, and a nominal, component to the increase.

Your revenue in year 1 is $100.
Inflation is 4%.
Revenue in year 2 is $104.
Your revenue is unchanged, in real (inflation adjusted) dollars.
That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you. You’re saying that revenue goes up every year. You’re also saying the dollar amount is adjusted to reflect the value of the revenue. That means your premise that revenue value goes up every year is meaningless because it’s actually just remaining stagnant lol.

That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you. You’re saying that revenue goes up every year. You’re also saying the dollar amount is adjusted to reflect the value of the revenue. That means your premise that revenue value goes up every year is meaningless because it’s actually just remaining stagnant lol.

I'm saying, if you want to compare year-over-year revenue, you have to adjust for inflation.

GDP isn't involved.

I'm saying, if you want to compare year-over-year revenue, you have to adjust for inflation.

GDP isn't involved.
And that would still mean it’s stagnant year after year. The value isn’t going up. It’s staying the same. GDP is used as a reference to measure the percentage of GDP.

And that would still mean it’s stagnant year after year. The value isn’t going up. It’s staying the same. GDP is used as a reference to measure the percentage of GDP.

The value isn’t going up

Adjust it for inflation. Then you can see if it rose, fell or remained the same.

GDP is used as a reference to measure the percentage of GDP.

You were whining about inflation. Now you know what "real dollars" means.

Try not to sound so stupid next time.

The value isn’t going up

Adjust it for inflation. Then you can see if it rose, fell or remained the same.

GDP is used as a reference to measure the percentage of GDP.

You were whining about inflation. Now you know what "real dollars" means.

Try not to sound so stupid next time.
Lol you aren’t seeing that. Youre simply talking about more dollars for the same value. That means revenue isn’t going up. Now you’re making shit on the spot like always.

Right so according to your logic the value is stagnant because of inflation lol.

Lol you aren’t seeing that. Youre simply talking about more dollars for the same value. That means revenue isn’t going up. Now you’re making shit on the spot like always.

Right so according to your logic the value is stagnant because of inflation lol.

I'm not talking about a specific time, I'm showing you what inflation adjusted means.

If you want to point out a time when inflation adjusted revenues increased or didn't, go ahead.

I'm not talking about a specific time, I'm showing you what inflation adjusted means.

If you want to point out a time when inflation adjusted revenues increased or didn't, go ahead.
Um the time we are talking about is year after year.

Oh right as usual I’m the one who has to present FACTS for reference. You don’t for some reason. You acting as an armchair critic just asks new questions you hope i won’t answer. You have added nothing of substance to this conversation whatsoever.

Oh right as usual I’m the one who has to present FACTS for reference. You don’t for some reason. You acting as an armchair critic just asks new questions you hope i won’t answer. You have added nothing of substance to this conversation whatsoever.
Facts without context are pointless.

Oh right as usual I’m the one who has to present FACTS for reference.

Yeah, without know what "real dollars" means. DURR

You have added nothing of substance to this conversation whatsoever.

I shed a bit of light onto your ignorance.
Whether you'll use the info going forward remains to be seen.

Never, ever, cite Heritage.
CBO suppled this data.. Not Heritage...https://www.cbo.gov/data/budget-economic-data#3
Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 4.54.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 4.53.21 PM.png

Oh right as usual I’m the one who has to present FACTS for reference.

Yeah, without know what "real dollars" means. DURR

You have added nothing of substance to this conversation whatsoever.

I shed a bit of light onto your ignorance.
Whether you'll use the info going forward remains to be seen.
Lol what? Um okay.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I provided you with a credible source that explains how to accurately measure the value of revenue and you want to ignore it because you know you’re wrong. If you thought you were correct, you would put forth real information that disputes that source.

Lol what? Um okay.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I provided you with a credible source that explains how to accurately measure the value of revenue and you want to ignore it because you know you’re wrong. If you thought you were correct, you would put forth real information that disputes that source.

I provided you with a credible source that explains how to accurately measure the value of revenue

Comparing it to GDP does not "measure the value of revenue".

He has been a "commentator" for decades, featured in the Usual Places....it's been a steady downward ride from WSJ through NYPost to The Forward, or wherever his agent is finding a check at the moment.
I believe that Sowell is at the moment a Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institute. 5th. He continues to be a prolific writer of books. His bibliography is about as impressive as anyone's in the history of Economics.

So I ask again...what work of Sowell's have you read?

I provided you with a credible source that explains how to accurately measure the value of revenue

Tax comes from GDP. If GDP rises or falls, so does revenue. They are interconnected.

From my source:

“Policymakers use the tax-to-GDP ratio to compare tax receipts from year to year because it offers a better measure of the rise and fall in tax revenue than simple amounts. Tax revenues are closely related to economic activity, rising during periods of faster economic growth and declining during recessions. As a percentage, tax revenues generally rise and fall faster than GDP, but the ratio should stay relatively consistent barring extreme swings in growth.

However, in cases of significant shifts in tax law or during severe economic downturns, the ratio can shift dramatically. For example, according to the OECD, the U.S.'s tax-to-GDP ratio fell more than any other OECD member in 2018. This was mostly a result of the $1.5 trillion tax cut signed by former President Donald Trump in 2017.”

Forum List

Back