Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

Toddster,

For forks sake...don't you think I saw that coming....Do you seriously believe you're gonna get around this with your usual pablum?

what was the delta between what Sctub was prepared to sign, and what passed....inclusive of ESAs for Iraqnam?

Don't think of asking me another question, til you answer one..
Apparently, Mr. Econ 101 isn't aware of the fact Barry signed an $800 billion "stimulus" right after taking office that was shoved into Bush's last budget year.
:oops8:
The Obama Stimulus: Three Years of Failure

I'm not even bothering to read it.

Here

https://www.cato.org/blog/dont-blame-obama-bushs-2009-deficit

before going off, half-cocked, about THAT source, I suggest you Google both Cato and the author.
Hey Simp, thanks for proving my point with your link.

From your link:

Obama actually deserves a small share of the blame for Bush’s last deficit since earlier this year he pushed through both an “omnibus” spending bill and the so‐called stimulus bill that increased FY2009 spending).

Is there anything...anything at all, that would back that up?

Do you have any idea what Scrub requested for a budget in Jan. 2008?

The amount of the ESAs?
It's "Shrub", 5th...not Scrub! If you're going to try to insult people you need to think about the insult before you post. Just saying...

Whose spending, Sparky?
The Government? If you've taken in more revenue but the deficit is growing then it's quite obvious that you have a spending problem. If you don't fix spending then you're filling a bucket with water but the bucket has huge gashes in it. If you think you're ever going to fill the bucket until you fix those gashes then you're rather naive. We spend too much money on Government. There is so much waste that it's basically water just pouring out on the proverbial ground.

The Government? If you've taken in more revenue but the deficit is growing then it's quite obvious that you have a spending problem. If you don't fix spending then you're filling a bucket with water but the bucket has huge gashes in it. If you think you're ever going to fill the bucket until you fix those gashes then you're rather naive. We spend too much money on Government. There is so much waste that it's basically water just pouring out on the proverbial ground.
Like a household?

Get lost, child.

Like a household?

Get lost, child.
A budget is a budget, 5th! The Federal Government gets away with deficit spending because they can simply print money. That doesn't make it good fiscal policy. If we ran our households like the Federal Government runs itself...we'd all have been forced to declare bankruptcy years ago.

A budget is a budget, 5th! The Federal Government gets away with deficit spending because they can simply print money. That doesn't make it good fiscal policy. If we ran our households like the Federal Government runs itself...we'd all have been forced to declare bankruptcy years ago.

It's called "leverage"..

Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it.

Forum List

Back