Why doesn't meat help meat eaters be healthy?

My best friend has been a vegetarian for the last 30 years, ever since he suffered a heart attack on stage (he's a guitarist) at age 30.

His wife turned vegetarian out of support, and their daughter was raised as a vegetarian. All three of them are some of the happiest, healthiest people I know. Mike will routinely run five or six miles a day, and his wife joins him occasionally. My buddy has so much energy I often refer to him as an amphetamine with feet.

I've had dinner at their home countless times, and it's always vegetarian, and it's always exceptionally good...

Both vegetarians I went to school with look pale, tired and sickly.

Although doctors say that meat is healthy, I do not know anyone who would benefit from meat-eating to be healthy. For example, my neighbor, a meat-eater, has disgusting skin, cellulite, and hardly climbs to the 3rd floor, and she is only 30. Plus she smells like dog.
Maybe she is affected by ptomaine in her intestines? Why can't meat eaters be healthy even though they have a "healthy diet"?

The flaws in your logic are glaring.

You see one person who eats meat and is unhealthy and then accuse all meat eaters of being unhealthy.

I am acquainted with a very unhealthy vegan. Does that make all vegans unhealthy?

Meat can be very healthy. Good nutrition is an advantage.

I suspect that an over consumption of meat is a nutritional problem. But that does to the “over” part of lever-consuming meat. It doesn’t go to the part of simply eating meat, in and of itself.

America's relatively unhealthy population is largely due to obesity. Now make the connection to eating too much meat.

Is it possible for the extreme right to just leave out the hate, scorn, and racism, and stick to the facts?

The obesity problem in America is due to the refined sugars and carbs in cheap mass-produced junk food.

See post #17.

It's a harsh environment and a harsh lifestyle.
Oh i am sorry, but Lots of Alcohol, that is the problem, not the meat....

This poor girl is only 26
1653933398273.png

Although doctors say that meat is healthy, I do not know anyone who would benefit from meat-eating to be healthy. For example, my neighbor, a meat-eater, has disgusting skin, cellulite, and hardly climbs to the 3rd floor, and she is only 30. Plus she smells like dog.
Maybe she is affected by ptomaine in her intestines? Why can't meat eaters be healthy even though they have a "healthy diet"?

What you think is meat that your neighbor actually eats......

burger.jpg

What he should be eating......

meatty.jpg

No one even saw the neck of this anti-American pig, his neck was always in a continuous layer of fat. He never played sports.

Hitler was a bad guy, but he was slim and he welcomed sports and a healthy lifestyle nonetheless. He has never been as ugly as Churchill.

The flaws in your logic are glaring.

You see one person who eats meat and is unhealthy and then accuse all meat eaters of being unhealthy.

I am acquainted with a very unhealthy vegan. Does that make all vegans unhealthy?
No. about 99% are now meateaters, and about 99% look bad and are in poor health. Of course, meat-eating is not the only reason, but there is still a correlation. Most vegetarians are in good health and look better.

Argument for eating Meat
by Innocynioc »

I know that eating too much meat is not healthy, but then neither is eating too many raisins, beans, peanuts or virtually any particular foodstuff . Some point to our teeth as an indication that we are meant to be vegetarians. I beg to differ. I believe our teeth are an indication we are meant to be omnivores. Look at the teeth of a true natural vegetarian such as a cow or horse. There are no canines at all, only incisors and molars. People have canines.

Also there is a very strong evidence that hominids began making flint tools at least two million years ago. A flint knife dulls more quickly than the best steel blades, but it can be made every bit as sharp. Who needs big canines when they have a good sharp knife to cut up their delicious meat. Much evolution can happen in a couple of million years.

There are also other biological factors which indicate that we human beings have evolved to eat meat. Consider that the arms and particularly the shoulders of human beings are better evolved and adapted to throw objects than those any other animal. Throwing is not needed for the gathering part of the hunter gatherer life style, but for hominids it is vital for the hunter part. Stones and then spears were needed to kill animals which as we all know are made of delicious nutritious meat.

Also consider that our closest genetic relatives, chimpanzees, are omnivores. Troops of chimps are particularly keen to kill and eat monkeys. I prefer chicken.

There is also a widely accepted theory that the remarkably large brains in relation to total body mass we homo sapiens and our more recent hominid ancestors and relatives enjoy could never have evolved into existence with out the protein and fat rich nutrition provided by wonderful savory meat.

Also there is a large and growing body of peer reviewed scientific evidence that the healthiest diet of all includes both meat and alcohol as well as fruits and vegetables. The article quoted below describes an example of this research.

STUDY: VEGETARIANS LESS HEALTHY THAN MEAT EATERS Vegetarians are less healthy and have a worse quality of life than meat eaters, according to a study by the University of Graz, Austria.

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) – Vegetarians may have a lower BMI and drink alcohol sparingly, but vegetarian diets are tied to generally poorer health, poorer quality of life and a higher need for health care than their meat-eating counterparts.
A new study from the Medical University of Graz in Austria finds that vegetarians are more physically active, drink less alcohol and smoke less tobacco than those who consume meat in their diets. Vegetarians also have a higher socioeconomic status and a lower body mass index. But the vegetarian diet — characterized by a low consumption of saturated fats and cholesterol that includes increased intake of fruits, vegetables and whole-grain products — carries elevated risks of cancer, allergies and mental health disorders.
Vegetarians were twice as likely to have allergies, a 50 percent increase in heart attacks and a 50 percent increase in incidences of cancer.
The cross-sectional study from Austrian Health Interview Survey data and published in PLos One examined participants dietary habits, demographic characteristics and general lifestyle differences.
The most significant dietary habit difference between meat-eaters and vegetarians concerned their BMI and alcohol consumption – with both being higher for those who consume meat.
Many past studies have instead put an emphasis on the health risks associated with red meat and carnivorous diets, but this study points the other dietary direction. However, the researchers do caution that continuing studies will be needed to substantiate some of the rather broad dietary distinctions, associations presented in this current research.
Overall, vegetarians were found to be in a poorer state of health compared to other dietary groups. Vegetarians reported higher levels of impairment from disorders, chronic diseases, and “suffer significantly more often from anxiety/depression.”
Subjects who consumed lower amounts of animal fat were also linked to poor health care practices, such as avoidance of vaccinations and a lack of preventive care.
Chronic problems associated with vegetarians were linked to more frequent visits to doctors, which the study authors suggest requires public health programs to reduce the health risk due to their nutritional factors.
The researchers conclude: “Our study has shown that Austrian adults who consume a vegetarian diet are less healthy (in terms of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), have a lower quality of life, and also require more medical treatment.”
“Therefore, a continued strong public health program for Austria is required in order to reduce the health risk due to nutritional factors.”
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes that healthy diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases for all dietary groups. A 2009 study from the CDC found that about 1 in 200 young Americans, or 367,000 US children, are vegetarians.
— Benjamin Fearnow

Consider the following:

Why becoming a vegetarian really IS just a phase: 84% go back to eating meat again - many within just three months
Survey found 84% vegetarians eventually go back to eating meat
More than half (53%) start eating meat again within a year
Almost a third reported they relapsed within three months
Most people said they found it difficult to maintain a 'pure' plant-based diet
They also didn't like being the odd one out among their friends
The majority of people (88%) of people have never tried giving up meat
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z3WCwJ5S4M

I posit the the reason so many people who try vegetarian diets return to eating meat is because it is simply not a natural diet for human beings. The following brief article offers substantial support for that belief.

Hot Find! Humans Used Fire 1 Million Years Ago
LiveScience

by Charles Q. Choi, Live Science Contributor | April 02, 2012 03:01pm ET

Researchers found evidence of human fire use in South Africa's Wonderwerk Cave (shown here), a massive cavern located near the edge of the Kalahari Desert.

Ash and charred bone, the earliest known evidence of controlled use of fire, reveal that human ancestors may have used fire a million years ago, a discovery that researchers say will shed light on this major turning point in human evolution.

Scientists analyzed material from Wonderwerk Cave in South Africa, a massive cavern located near the edge of the Kalahari Desert. Previous excavations there had uncovered an extensive record of human occupation.

Microscopic analysis revealed clear evidence of burning, such as plant ash and charred bone fragments. These materials were apparently burned in the cave, as opposed to being carried in there by wind or water, and were found alongside stone tools in a layer dating back about 1 million years. Surface fracturing of ironstone, the kind expected from fires, was also seen.

Although modern humans are the only human species alive today, originating about 200,000 years ago, other human species once roamed the Earth, such as Homo erectus, which arose about 1.9 million years ago.

"The analysis pushes the timing for the human use of fire back by 300,000 years, suggesting that human ancestors as early as Homo erectus may have begun using fire as part of their way of life," said researcher Michael Chazan, a paleolithic archaeologist at the University of Toronto and director of the university's archaeology center.....................................................

Harvard anthropologist Richard Wrangham has speculated that controlled fires and cooked meat even influenced human brain evolution. He suggests that humans were cooking their prey as far back as the first appearance of Homo erectus 1.9 million years ago, just when humans were experiencing major brain expansion, and proposes that cooking allowed our ancestors to evolve larger, more calorie-hungry brains and bodies, and smaller guts suited for more easily digested cooked food.

A diet which has allowed human beings and our hominid ancestors and relatives to thrive, increase and prosper for a million or more years is not something to be abandoned lightly.

By the way, vegans, do you get adequate amounts of vitamin B12 from vegetarian foods or do you take a supplement?

I need to end this long winded post now. There is a cold turkey leg in our refrigerator. I am going to slice off some of that rich dark meat and make myself a sandwich.

Last edited by Innocynioc on Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Take heart that in the face of ever deepening gloom your dog is finally getting enough government cheese.

http://taoeconomics.com/ss/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=904

Meat can be very healthy. Good nutrition is an advantage.

I suspect that an over consumption of meat is a nutritional problem. But that does to the “over” part of lever-consuming meat. It doesn’t go to the part of simply eating meat, in and of itself.
Is not a fact. Perhaps this meat is eaten by cellular parasites and worms. The meat is poorly digested, and almost always rots in the intestines, causing intoxication. All this is poorly understood. Meat-eating animals usually die quickly, they live about 20 years at best case.

I know that eating too much meat is not healthy, but then neither is eating too many raisins, beans, peanuts or virtually any particular foodstuff . Some point to our teeth as an indication that we are meant to be vegetarians. I beg to differ. I believe our teeth are an indication we are meant to be omnivores. Look at the teeth of a true natural vegetarian such as a cow or horse. There are no canines at all, only incisors and molars. People have canines.
Human fangs are reduced, they do not work like fangs, and they cannot be called fangs. The main sign of a predator is not fangs, but bite and jaws. Fangs generally did not have to be for the sake of eating meat.

Also there is a very strong evidence that hominids began making flint tools at least two million years ago. A flint knife dulls more quickly than the best steel blades, but it can be made every bit as sharp. Who needs big canines when they have a good sharp knife to cut up their delicious meat. Much evolution can happen in a couple of million years.
These woodland "predators" used a flint tool in the 7th century AD, when Rome was no more. Study, for example, the Baltic cultures.
And about 2 thousand years BC there was already iron, chariots with spokes and even observatories.
There are also other biological factors which indicate that we human beings have evolved to eat meat. Consider that the arms and particularly the shoulders of human beings are better evolved and adapted to throw objects than those any other animal. Throwing is not needed for the gathering part of the hunter gatherer life style, but for hominids it is vital for the hunter part. Stones and then spears were needed to kill animals which as we all know are made of delicious nutritious meat.
I'm sure monkeys are better at throwing things than humans. They are about 10 times stronger than a human, and they have developed explosive athletic strength.

There is also a widely accepted theory that the remarkably large brains in relation to total body mass we homo sapiens and our more recent hominid ancestors and relatives enjoy could never have evolved into existence with out the protein and fat rich nutrition provided by wonderful savory meat.
bigger than an elephant's brain?

Then went already frank nonsense for idiots.

Translation: his significant other is his right hand, but he occasionally cheats on it with his left.
I like oriental type women like Indian or Tajik women and true American type women like Brittany Murphy. I love it when they are small, slender, with round asses, narrow hips, no cellulite, brunette, good tanning skin without spots and capillaries. I can't sleep with others.

Forum List

Back