Why doesn't meat help meat eaters be healthy?

After leaving the military at aged 32, healthy and relatively thin, I started gaining weight by eating too many carbs, especially bread. I tried many low-fat diet, most of which cut out meat (other than tuna and plain chicken), to no avail. I picked up an old copy of an Atkins book which contained this sentence:

Eat liberally of combinations of fat and protein in the form of poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs and red meat, as well as of pure, natural fat in the form of butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, safflower, sunflower and other vegetable oils (preferably expeller-pressed or cold-pressed).

I laughed and laughed. That was the opposite of everything I had read in all the diet books I wasted my money on. But, I figured why not. What he said about carbs burning sending more energy to the bloodstream than can be used and having it turn to fat made sense. Sure enough, I was able to lose weight pretty rapidly, and I felt much, much better. Still, I never stuck to it long and always gained the weight back.

When I became a teacher, I participated in the annual "Biggest Loser," competition. It was very easy for me to lose body weight by percentage. After coming in first and the placing second the next year, I told the mostly female teachers that I had an unfair advantage so I would only play for fun, not the cash pool.

Anyway, long story short (too late!), my son gave me a copy of The Four Hour Body, which advocates a similar low-carb diet. The difference is that it allows more carbs in the form of legumes, but more importantly, calls for one day per week of unlimited eating. That was a great psychological benefit. I would get a craving during the week, and write it down on my list of things to eat on Saturday. There is often a lot of good free food at a school (you could literally live as a "freegan"), so I would take some and save it for Saturday.

Sure enough, I lost a steady rate of approximately two pounds per week for forty weeks. From 240 to 160, and I've never gone back.

Meat = good.

I unfortunately had to reduce my meat intake, because it is unhealthy for my wallet.

Might have to pick up the old hunting gun again.
Hunting in my area has been lousy. I haven't killed a deer in years.

Native people in the Arctic regions seem to do pretty well on diet consisting mostly of animal flesh and fat.
They do not look very healthy and beautiful, besides they drink a lot of alcohol

Every vegetarian I know looks pale and sickly.
0d5da63a1be70965426405558c8d6c9a_672.jpg

I unfortunately had to reduce my meat intake, because it is unhealthy for my wallet.

Might have to pick up the old hunting gun again.
Suddenly. Is America really that bad? Are you from USA?

After leaving the military at aged 32, healthy and relatively thin, I started gaining weight by eating too many carbs, especially bread. I tried many low-fat diet, most of which cut out meat (other than tuna and plain chicken), to no avail. I picked up an old copy of an Atkins book which contained this sentence:

Eat liberally of combinations of fat and protein in the form of poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs and red meat, as well as of pure, natural fat in the form of butter, mayonnaise, olive oil, safflower, sunflower and other vegetable oils (preferably expeller-pressed or cold-pressed)
Damn, you broke all my ideas about America. Everyone thinks that very strong and healthy soldiers serve in America, and in the USA there are no questions about saving on food. What you are saying is no different from what is in RF, and in the 00s, even in RF, no one thought about saving on food. It's a fucking pattern break. Are you serious? Dystrophics serve in the American army and in America people save on food ???

Are you?
Because the grocery store prices are off the charts here in the midwest.

Beef has skyrocketed, getting venison only costs a little time and a round of 30-06.
No, I'm not from the USA.

The Midwest is just the most favorable place for animal husbandry. There are good pastures.

You need to seek the restoration of traditional Republicans. Trumpsters and dems hate cowboys, they'll wipe out the Great Plains and Texas

Are you?
Because the grocery store prices are off the charts here in the midwest.

Beef has skyrocketed, getting venison only costs a little time and a round of 30-06.
Actually, game meat is the most expensive meat you'll ever eat, when all the costs are added up.

Although doctors say that meat is healthy, I do not know anyone who would benefit from meat-eating to be healthy. For example, my neighbor, a meat-eater, has disgusting skin, cellulite, and hardly climbs to the 3rd floor, and she is only 30. Plus she smells like dog.
Maybe she is affected by ptomaine in her intestines? Why can't meat eaters be healthy even though they have a "healthy diet"?
:cuckoo:

No, I'm not from the USA.

The Midwest is just the most favorable place for animal husbandry. There are good pastures.

You need to seek the restoration of traditional Republicans. Trumpsters and dems hate cowboys, they'll wipe out the Great Plains and Texas
:cuckoo:

To know what someone eats take a look at their garbage. Very telling.
As for her skin and hair that may be solely from obesity combined with stress.

Actually, game meat is the most expensive meat you'll ever eat, when all the costs are added up.
We joke about that when Walleye fishing.
Boat, gas, equipment, licenses, bait, taxes and fees, one could go to the store and buy a couple of fillets much cheaper.

But I do love the lakes or woods when hunting.

We joke about that when Walleye fishing.
Boat, gas, equipment, licenses, bait, taxes and fees, one could go to the store and buy a couple of fillets much cheaper.

But I do love the lakes or woods when hunting.
I chalk up those costs as cost of relaxing, pleasurable recreation; no justification needed. :)

Forum List

Back