Why does the US embrace Saudi Arabia? Latest: SA to behead teenager for anti government protest

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
We keep hearing about these so called brutal dictators like Mubarak and Assad. AND whether we like it or not a lot of Libyans did love Gaddafi and we took him out and handed the country to jihadists and the people are suffering.

But we just adore Saudi Arabia and are at their beck and call for all their proxy wars despite a human rights record that would put Vlad the Impaler to shame.

WTF? Are we nuts?

• Abdullah al-Zaher was arrested after attending a protest, aged 15, in 2012
  • His family says he was beaten and then tortured into signing a confession
  • The 19-year-old is set to be beheaded and then crucified imminently
  • Zaher's family has spoken out and pleaded for help to save the teenager

Full story at link:

Saudi Arabia set to behead teenager because he attended a protest

It's totally disgusting

US under several US Presidents has been a whore for Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia has bought them all

what hope is there for American people? when their leaders are scum? :dunno:

We are buddies because

1) they let us have a base there.
2) they buy a bunch if military stuff from us
3) oil oil oil.

But we can't go to Cuba cause they are mean to mouthy citizens .

Like it or not, the entire world runs on oil. We have plenty under our feet, but that isn't the story everywhere. Unfortunately the demands of realpolitik being what they are, we have to get in bed with a whole lot of unsavory people to keep the world's economy functioning.

The spice must flow.

We keep hearing about these so called brutal dictators like Mubarak and Assad. AND whether we like it or not a lot of Libyans did love Gaddafi and we took him out and handed the country to jihadists and the people are suffering.

But we just adore Saudi Arabia and are at their beck and call for all their proxy wars despite a human rights record that would put Vlad the Impaler to shame.

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

You can thank liberalism for nutso crap like this.

not that SA wouldn't kill the kid either way

It's the fact that we give a damn what happens over there now.

Before Wilson (D) sent us off to WW 1, news like that would have been followed with; 'Now aren't you glad to be an American?'

But leftist refused to stay out of other countries shit, sided with the eu and has since kept taking sides in most conflicts around the world ever since.

hundreds of thousands of Americans have died b/c we chose to go to war, over there, and now we are the Great Satan.

Like it or not, the entire world runs on oil. We have plenty under our feet, but that isn't the story everywhere. Unfortunately the demands of realpolitik being what they are, we have to get in bed with a whole lot of unsavory people to keep the world's economy functioning.

The spice must flow.

Canada is your number one supplier and Obama has been hell bent for leather along with all the enviro whackos to keep canuck crude from flowing to your refineries.

Go figure. It's like an addiction to the maniacs in the ME.

The spice must flow.

Canada is your number one supplier and Obama has been hell bent for leather along with all the enviro whackos to keep canuck crude from flowing to your refineries.

Gee. The why did the GOP demand that we dump the ban on exporting us oil in the budget agreement ? ???

Guess we don't really needs Canadas garbage oil after all.

The spice must flow.

Gee. The why did the GOP demand that we dump the ban on exporting us oil in the budget agreement ? ??
?

i

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

Before Wilson (D) sent us off to WW 1, news like that would have been followed with; 'Now aren't you glad to be an American?'

But leftist refused to stay out of other countries shit, sided with the eu and has since kept taking sides in most conflicts around the world ever since.

hundreds of thousands of Americans have died b/c we chose to go to war, over there, and now we are the Great Satan.

Ah, took six whole posts before some partisan hack tried to devolve into US political party scoreboard-keeping.

How arrogant is that -- to imagine that we're so big, bad and bellicose that we can actually attribute the backwardness of some primitive subculture to............. a US political party.

SMFH

By the way, learn how plurals work.

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

Good question. The only reason I can think of is, as others have said, geopolitical. One of the best examples of which is strangely enough the fall of the soviet union. I often hear people give reagan credit when in fact it had more to do with 10$/barrel oil than anything else. Much of which was engineered by the saudis.

At this point I'm on board with scrapping the close relationship with this fundamentalist regime. The spread of wahabism has been for the most part been funded by saudi money.

The spice must flow.

Bullshitious. Nobody's "keeping Canuck (it's capitalized) crude from the refineries". The State Department has concerns about how it gets there. And the end product goes to Asia anyway -- it's got squat to do with Saudi Arabia.

Btw, how come you're Canadian in this post and USian in the OP with the "we" jazz? Pick one already.

The spice must flow.

Gee. The why did the GOP demand that we dump the ban on exporting us oil in the budget agreement ? ???

You don't get economics at all do you? The more oil you refine the more you can use and export. And the Keystone was built and finished. And Canuck crude is still coming by pipeline, rail, transport and barges.

The spice must flow.

Bullshitious. Nobody's "keeping Canuck (it's capitalized) crude from the refineries". The State Department has concerns about how it gets there. And the end product goes to Asia anyway -- it's got squat to do with Saudi Arabia.

Btw, how come you're Canadian in this post and USian in the OP with the "we" jazz? Pick one already.

I'm dual. You know that.

And the Keystone appendage thru the Bakkens that Obama blocked was a freaking dog and pony show put on for mega enviro donors like Steyner. He spent 80 some odd millions on the mid terms.

The Keystone's final leg to the Gulf was completed during the protests. :lol: Oh and so was the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights. And it's coming by rail to barges on the Mississippi. Odd that no one seems to be worried about a mega spill on the Mississippi.

And why would your refineries be shipping to Asia? I've never heard of that. Keystone is a pipeline not a refinery. Keystone is just a pipeline not an oil company.

If the Saudi event is available on al Jizzera you can be sure there'll be hot buttered popcorn alongside the theater seats in The White House home theater. And whines of envy......

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

Ah, took six whole posts before some partisan hack tried to devolve into US political party scoreboard-keeping.

How arrogant is that -- to imagine that we're so big, bad and bellicose that we can actually attribute the backwardness of some primitive subculture to............. a US political party.

SMFH

By the way, learn how plurals work.
don't like my spelling, fuck off and don't read my post

don't like the truth, fuck off and don't read my post

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

Good question. The only reason I can think of is, as others have said, geopolitical. One of the best examples of which is strangely enough the fall of the soviet union. I often hear people give reagan credit when in fact it had more to do with 10$/barrel oil than anything else. Much of which was engineered by the saudis.

At this point I'm on board with scrapping the close relationship with this fundamentalist regime. The spread of wahabism has been for the most part been funded by saudi money.

Exactly. I know Iran is no angel. They support radical groups as well. But for our leaders to constantly repeat the mantra that "Iran is the largest exporter of terrorism in the world" is complete bullshit.

The bad actor is without a doubt SA.

Screw Keystone, dupes.

To bad so sad it's built to the Gulf franco and has been pumping canuck crude for a number of years now. All Obama blocked for money from donors was a tiny link to pick up Bakken crude as well.

Forum List

Back