Why does the US embrace Saudi Arabia? Latest: SA to behead teenager for anti government protest

Not the firs time the US Government has embraced a depraved government or group,
Not too long ago there was a story about the US Army telling its personnel to ignore the Afghan Army's penchant for boy love.

We keep hearing about these so called brutal dictators like Mubarak and Assad. AND whether we like it or not a lot of Libyans did love Gaddafi and we took him out and handed the country to jihadists and the people are suffering.

But we just adore Saudi Arabia and are at their beck and call for all their proxy wars despite a human rights record that would put Vlad the Impaler to shame.

WTF? Are we nuts?

• Abdullah al-Zaher was arrested after attending a protest, aged 15, in 2012
  • His family says he was beaten and then tortured into signing a confession
  • The 19-year-old is set to be beheaded and then crucified imminently
  • Zaher's family has spoken out and pleaded for help to save the teenager
Full story at link:

Saudi Arabia set to behead teenager because he attended a protest

I do not approve of our relationship with Saudi Arabia.....and I don't know of anyone who 'adores' SA.....but they are one of our few allies in the region.

By the way- re: Qaddafi- you seemed to have glossed over his terrorism campaign that killed American citizens including GI's.

Same reason we worked with Stalin in WW2 ally of convenience. I wouldn't call them a great ally by any means but in that part of the world you work with whats there.
But if the US Government does not object and say something , then they are
complicit
in the crime.

We are buddies because

1) they let us have a base there.
2) they buy a bunch if military stuff from us
3) oil oil oil.

But we can't go to Cuba cause they are mean to mouthy citizens .

Best summary ever.

We keep hearing about these so called brutal dictators like Mubarak and Assad. AND whether we like it or not a lot of Libyans did love Gaddafi and we took him out and handed the country to jihadists and the people are suffering.

But we just adore Saudi Arabia and are at their beck and call for all their proxy wars despite a human rights record that would put Vlad the Impaler to shame.

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

You can thank liberalism for nutso crap like this.

not that SA wouldn't kill the kid either way

It's the fact that we give a damn what happens over there now.

Before Wilson (D) sent us off to WW 1, news like that would have been followed with; 'Now aren't you glad to be an American?'

But leftist refused to stay out of other countries shit, sided with the eu and has since kept taking sides in most conflicts around the world ever since.

hundreds of thousands of Americans have died b/c we chose to go to war, over there, and now we are the Great Satan.

All because of the Great Leftist George Bush.....

Same reason we worked with Stalin in WW2 ally of convenience. I wouldn't call them a great ally by any means but in that part of the world you work with whats there.
But if the US Government does not object and say something , then they are
complicit
in the crime.
Unless you want to back a coup against the Royal family there is not much the U.S. can do yes can object but that's about it I suspect there will probably be some behind the scenes deal to cut the kid loose.

Not the firs time the US Government has embraced a depraved government or group,
Not too long ago there was a story about the US Army telling its personnel to ignore the Afghan Army's penchant for boy love.

That would be bacha bazi. Boy play. I guess Obama's administration considers this a "cultural" tradition not to be interfered with.

images

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

I do not approve of our relationship with Saudi Arabia.....and I don't know of anyone who 'adores' SA.....but they are one of our few allies in the region.

By the way- re: Qaddafi- you seemed to have glossed over his terrorism campaign that killed American citizens including GI's.

I'm not glossing over any atrocity committed by any of these others including Gaddafi. Please understand that. And this is a bi partisan rant because I know all parties in the west have been involved with backing SA's "adventures" aka "proxy wars".

Think of how many have died thought in this latest "escapade" of SA and Qatar and Turkey in trying to overthrow Assad with our help? Let alone the poor refugees which number in the millions at this point.

And make no mistake. This is to hand over Syria to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Dems would confront over this a lot sooner than Pubs, who prefer dictators to giving democracy a chance. OBVIOUSLY.

Democracy in the Middle East sounds great on paper, but then you end up with the moderates being pushed aside in favor of militant theocracies, as we saw in Egypt and Libya after the Arab Spring, and as we're seen in Syria.

Strongmen aren't nice people, but they do a good job keeping the militants in check and they can be bought off and kept in line. It's an ugly business, but that's just part of geopolitics.

Like it or not, the entire world runs on oil. We have plenty under our feet, but that isn't the story everywhere. Unfortunately the demands of realpolitik being what they are, we have to get in bed with a whole lot of unsavory people to keep the world's economy functioning.

The spice must flow.

Canada is your number one supplier and Obama has been hell bent for leather along with all the enviro whackos to keep canuck crude from flowing to your refineries.

Go figure. It's like an addiction to the maniacs in the ME.

Bullshitious. Nobody's "keeping Canuck (it's capitalized) crude from the refineries". The State Department has concerns about how it gets there. And the end product goes to Asia anyway -- it's got squat to do with Saudi Arabia.

Btw, how come you're Canadian in this post and USian in the OP with the "we" jazz? Pick one already.

I'm dual. You know that.

And the Keystone appendage thru the Bakkens that Obama blocked was a freaking dog and pony show put on for mega enviro donors like Steyner. He spent 80 some odd millions on the mid terms.

The Keystone's final leg to the Gulf was completed during the protests. :lol: Oh and so was the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights. And it's coming by rail to barges on the Mississippi. Odd that no one seems to be worried about a mega spill on the Mississippi.

And why would your refineries be shipping to Asia? I've never heard of that. Keystone is a pipeline not a refinery. Keystone is just a pipeline not an oil company.

Big Oil, which is the entity that does the shipping and refining, which is also the entity that benefits from an easier conduit TO the refinery, and which is comprised of multinational capitalist megacorps whose allegiance is only to their stockholders, definitely has heard of that. Because it knows where it's big markets are --- Asia. That's why the refining is done in Houston: seaport.

And that's why it's got squat to do with Saudi Arabia. The end product doesn't come here anyway --- that's a myth. One that Big Oil (see above) loves to keep alive, because said pipeline benefits nobody but Big Oil.

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

Before Wilson (D) sent us off to WW 1, news like that would have been followed with; 'Now aren't you glad to be an American?'

But leftist refused to stay out of other countries shit, sided with the eu and has since kept taking sides in most conflicts around the world ever since.

hundreds of thousands of Americans have died b/c we chose to go to war, over there, and now we are the Great Satan.

Ah, took six whole posts before some partisan hack tried to devolve into US political party scoreboard-keeping.

How arrogant is that -- to imagine that we're so big, bad and bellicose that we can actually attribute the backwardness of some primitive subculture to............. a US political party.

SMFH

By the way, learn how plurals work.
don't like my spelling, fuck off and don't read my post

don't like the truth, fuck off and don't read my post

Can't tell if that means "post" or "posts", since you don't know the difference.

Can't communicate, get the fuck off a message board.

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

Ah, took six whole posts before some partisan hack tried to devolve into US political party scoreboard-keeping.

How arrogant is that -- to imagine that we're so big, bad and bellicose that we can actually attribute the backwardness of some primitive subculture to............. a US political party.

SMFH

By the way, learn how plurals work.
don't like my spelling, fuck off and don't read my post

don't like the truth, fuck off and don't read my post

Can't tell if that means "post" or "posts", since you don't know the difference.

Can't communicate, get the fuck off a message board.
don't like my jokes, fuck off and don't ream my post

good lord, grow the fuck up

Like it or not, the entire world runs on oil. We have plenty under our feet, but that isn't the story everywhere. Unfortunately the demands of realpolitik being what they are, we have to get in bed with a whole lot of unsavory people to keep the world's economy functioning.

The spice must flow.

Canada is your number one supplier and Obama has been hell bent for leather along with all the enviro whackos to keep canuck crude from flowing to your refineries.

Bullshitious. Nobody's "keeping Canuck (it's capitalized) crude from the refineries". The State Department has concerns about how it gets there. And the end product goes to Asia anyway -- it's got squat to do with Saudi Arabia.

Btw, how come you're Canadian in this post and USian in the OP with the "we" jazz? Pick one already.

I'm dual. You know that.

And the Keystone appendage thru the Bakkens that Obama blocked was a freaking dog and pony show put on for mega enviro donors like Steyner. He spent 80 some odd millions on the mid terms.

The Keystone's final leg to the Gulf was completed during the protests. :lol: Oh and so was the Alberta Clipper and Southern Lights. And it's coming by rail to barges on the Mississippi. Odd that no one seems to be worried about a mega spill on the Mississippi.

And why would your refineries be shipping to Asia? I've never heard of that. Keystone is a pipeline not a refinery. Keystone is just a pipeline not an oil company.

Big Oil, which is the entity that does the shipping and refining, which is also the entity that benefits from an easier conduit TO the refinery, and which is comprised of multinational capitalist megacorps whose allegiance is only to their stockholders, definitely has heard of that. Because it knows where it's big markets are --- Asia. That's why the refining is done in Houston: seaport.

And that's why it's got squat to do with Saudi Arabia. The end product doesn't come here anyway --- that's a myth. One that Big Oil (see above) loves to keep alive, because said pipeline benefits nobody but Big Oil.

EIA says that on 10% of refined products are exported.

"The volume of net exports of U.S. noncrude petroleum liquids and products in June 2015 was equivalent to about 10% of the total volume of U.S. petroleum consumption in June 2015"

How much of the oil produced in the United States is consumed in the United States? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

And to say that only Big Oil is the only one that benefits from a pipeline moving crude to be refined is ludicrous. Do you use any of these products? I do. And I'm bloody thankful for big oil. I've done primitive. It's bloody hard. Wood for heat and cooking. Candles. Pumping water by hand. Just to see if we could do it. Did it for a number of years in Ontario. Makes one really appreciate the easier life with big oil in it.

A partial list of products made from Petroleum (144 of 6000 items)

One 42-gallon barrel of oil creates 19.4 gallons of gasoline. The rest (over half) is used to make things like:

Solvents

Diesel fuel

Motor Oil

Bearing Grease

Ink

Floor Wax

Ballpoint Pens

Football Cleats

Upholstery

Sweaters

Boats

Insecticides

Bicycle Tires

Sports Car Bodies

Nail Polish

Fishing lures

Dresses

Tires

Golf Bags

Perfumes

Cassettes

Dishwasher parts

Tool Boxes

Shoe Polish

Motorcycle Helmet

Caulking

Petroleum Jelly

Transparent Tape

CD Player

Faucet Washers

Antiseptics

Clothesline

Curtains

Food Preservatives

Basketballs

Soap

Vitamin Capsules

Antihistamines

Purses

Shoes

Dashboards

Cortisone

Deodorant

Footballs

Putty

Dyes

Panty Hose

Refrigerant

Percolators

Life Jackets

Rubbing Alcohol

Linings

Skis

TV Cabinets

Shag Rugs

Electrician's Tape

Tool Racks

Car Battery Cases

Epoxy

Paint

Mops

Slacks

Insect Repellent

Oil Filters

Umbrellas

Yarn

Fertilizers

Hair Coloring

Roofing

Toilet Seats

Fishing Rods

Lipstick

Denture Adhesive

Linoleum

Ice Cube Trays

Synthetic Rubber

Speakers

Plastic Wood

Electric Blankets

Glycerin

Tennis Rackets

Rubber Cement

Fishing Boots

Dice

Nylon Rope

Candles

Trash Bags

House Paint

Water Pipes

Hand Lotion

Roller Skates

Surf Boards

Shampoo

Wheels

Paint Rollers

Shower Curtains

Guitar Strings

Luggage

Aspirin

Safety Glasses

Antifreeze

Football Helmets

Awnings

Eyeglasses

Clothes

Toothbrushes

Ice Chests

Footballs

Combs

CD's & DVD's

Paint Brushes

Detergents

Vaporizers

Balloons

Sun Glasses

Tents

Heart Valves

Crayons

Parachutes

Telephones

Enamel

Pillows

Dishes

Cameras

Anesthetics

Artificial Turf

Artificial limbs

Bandages

Dentures

Model Cars

Folding Doors

Hair Curlers

Cold cream

Movie film

Soft Contact lenses

Drinking Cups

Fan Belts

Car Enamel

Shaving Cream

Ammonia

Refrigerators

Golf Balls

Toothpaste

Gasoline

More at link:

A partial list of products made from petroleum

The spice must flow.

Gee. The why did the GOP demand that we dump the ban on exporting us oil in the budget agreement ? ???

Guess we don't really needs Canadas garbage oil after all.

Dumping the ban on energy exports was primarily due to the oceans of gas underneath our soil we want to export, not oil. America is still an oil importer. Ironically, when Americans talk about "energy independence," they implicitly include Canada in that because America is unlikely to be energy independent without Canadian imports for decades.

As for the OP, we continue to befriend Saudi Arabia because they can effectively control the oil price if they so chose because they are the swing producer in OPEC, and because it buys peace for Israel.

WTF? Are we nuts?

Full story at link:

Why? 100 reasons, that's why:

Oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, and of course OIL!

Forum List

Back