Why does President Trump hate the post office?

The USPS definitely has its problems, President Trump is right. They do need to focus. Hopefully , the new, just appointed Postmaster General Lou DeJoy will be able to get them focused again on managing their decline.

The new postmaster in enacting policies that in order to cut overtime, he's cutting mail delivery.

Two postal unions said leaving mail behind is one of several new directives from Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

Mail delayed? Postal unions share concerns over new directives

There is no reason why the mail has to be delivered to everyone 6 days a week. Mr. DeJoy is right, reducing the number of deliveries is a smart move.
yes there is.....mondays would have 2-3 days of mail backed up at the routes and it would take most of the week to catch up.....and with no overtime it would be even worse....

Virtually all of Trump's "positions" and comments have their roots in talk radio, and talk radio has been against the Post Office for a long time.

So in this case, he'll be against the Post Office because he has been instructed to attack mail-in voting.

That makes sense. But (off topic) Trump split with talk radio on wearing masks. So there is hope Trump may do the same for he post office.

There is no reason why the mail has to be delivered to everyone 6 days a week. Mr. DeJoy is right, reducing the number of deliveries is a smart move.

Delivery: Monday through Saturday since 1863 - About USPS ...
about.usps.com › who-we-are › postal-history › deliver...

Postmaster General, 214-243. Delivery: Monday through Saturday since 1863. City Delivery. Beginning July 1, 1863, free mail delivery was authorized in.

A lot of things have changed since 1863, gene. Modern communications, the telephone, direct deposit, the internet. Time for the USPS to catch up to the times.
your congress wont let them....

That might be the opinion of postal workers that they love Biden, but that doesn't explain why Trump hates the post office.
when i was working there,there was a lot of righties in the work force,especially the vets, and they did not care to much for obama ....so dont think its that one sided....
I can't think of any president except for Trump who actually hated the post office.

Not even Nixon

President Richard Nixon called out the United States armed forces and the National Guard in an attempt to distribute the mail and break the strike. - 1970

I hate the post office because they can't seem to deliver to the correct address in my neighborhood. Happens at least once a week, sometimes I get mail for people a quarter mile away.
I sure as hell don't trust them with my vote.
then you either have a shitty carrier or its not a full route and the new people do it .....meaning a different person just about every day....

yes there is.....mondays would have 2-3 days of mail backed up at the routes and it would take most of the week to catch up.....and with no overtime it would be even worse....

It must be some strange new logic. If you 're having trouble delivering the mail on time, cut the delivery time by 17%.

Postmaster General, 214-243. Delivery: Monday through Saturday since 1863. City Delivery. Beginning July 1, 1863, free mail delivery was authorized in.

A lot of things have changed since 1863, gene. Modern communications, the telephone, direct deposit, the internet. Time for the USPS to catch up to the times.
It started August 1st 2020

And half of congress wants the post office to fail.

It must be some strange new logic. If you 're having trouble delivering the mail on time, cut the delivery time by 17%.
the great majority of carriers who have their own routes usually have no problems delivering all the mail the route gets daily.....the only exceptions are days after holidays and christmas time and the worst is when political mail starts inundating the routes.....

It started August 1st 2020

And half of congress wants the post office to fail.
it started long before that......back as far as the 80's they were holding them back with their micromanaging....

Some say that Trump hates the post office because it had a contract that helped Amazon, owned by Trump rival and richest man in the world Jeff Bezos.

Others say it's because the post office is 40% women, 23% black, and 11% hispanic and 7% asian. And Trump hates women and minorities.

Now some say Trump hates the pot office, because they handle absentee and mail-in ballots, which in the age of COVID-19 would serve to boost voter turnout.

And why is Trump contributor and now postmaster, trying to slow the mail that the country depends on.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

But not any more.
Why is the government paying for Amazons shipping?

Be specific?

WoVzPBI.jpg

"They can't vote you out if you don't let them vote." - Republicans

WoVzPBI.jpg

"They can't vote you out if you don't let them vote." - Republicans

The vast majority of people need to be voting in person, unless they have a tremendous excuse like they are too sick to leave the house or will be out of town on election day. Not too much of the latter in 2020, colleges are all mostly closed.

Some say that Trump hates the post office because it had a contract that helped Amazon, owned by Trump rival and richest man in the world Jeff Bezos.

Others say it's because the post office is 40% women, 23% black, and 11% hispanic and 7% asian. And Trump hates women and minorities.

Now some say Trump hates the pot office, because they handle absentee and mail-in ballots, which in the age of COVID-19 would serve to boost voter turnout.

And why is Trump contributor and now postmaster, trying to slow the mail that the country depends on.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

But not any more.

I hate the fuckers because the bastards STOLE money out of an envelope, taped it up, and stamped do not forward bad address. Then the don't have the decency to respond or even apologize.

Fuck those bastards, like every other shit-show monopoly the govt. runs for cash they demonstrate why the govt. has no business in business.

But not any more.
I HATE THE POST OFFICE! THE POST OFFICE LOSES MONEY EVERY YEAR! I NEVER MAIL ANYTHING AND ALL I RECEIVE IS JUNK MAIL!
WHY SHOULD MY TAX DOLLARS SUPPORT A LOSING PROPOSITION THAT I NEVER USE?

But not any more.

I hate the fuckers because the bastards STOLE money out of an envelope, taped it up, and stamped do not forward bad address. Then the don't have the decency to respond or even apologize.

Fuck those bastards, like every other shit-show monopoly the govt. runs for cash they demonstrate why the govt. has no business in business.
you have to be pretty stupid to put cash in an envelope.....

Does he hate the post office? I would agree that the post office shouldn't be giving a special deal to Amazon. As far as I know they are the only company the post delivers for on Sundays. Government created competitive advantage.

Does he hate the post office? I would agree that the post office shouldn't be giving a special deal to Amazon. As far as I know they are the only company the post delivers for on Sundays. Government created competitive advantage.
when Amazon started this they tested out the PO,UPS and Fed-X for almost a year....they gave the billion dollar contract to the PO... and still the PO delivers many of the other twos parcels the so called last mile....i was working there when it happened....

when Amazon started this they tested out the PO,UPS and Fed-X for almost a year....they gave the billion dollar contract to the PO... and still the PO delivers many of the other twos parcels the so called last mile....i was working there when it happened....
Yes I don't agree with it.

But not any more.

you have to be pretty stupid to put cash in an envelope.....

Yeah fuck off. First time I've done it and $40 won't kill me. But I've received cash from others many times no problem. Besides, WTF is the Post Office using their equipment to steel money? Fuck the Post Office, I hope they go down with the Democrats......

Just not as much.

Forum List

Back