Why does President Trump hate the post office?

For your desperate, desperate, and cowardly way your trying to go after Trump. Just want to remind you who is his competition.
FB_IMG_1596889481778.jpg

Postmaster General, a Trump crony, admits slowing the mail

Trump’s Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy, admitted yesterday, in a closed-door meeting with lawmakers, that he is behind the wave of mail delays rolling across the country in recent weeks.

Could it have anything to do with their business model which it was reported they lost $2.2 BILLION in the last 4 months?
They have requested $10 billion to help for a few months. Lol.
At that rate of loss, it won’t last long.

Last edited:
Could it have anything to do with their business model which it was reported they lost $2.2 BILLION in the last 4 months?

They're doing damn good compared to the federal government, which lost over $1 trillion, in the last 4 months.

The USPS definitely has its problems, President Trump is right. They do need to focus. Hopefully , the new, just appointed Postmaster General Lou DeJoy will be able to get them focused again on managing their decline.

The new postmaster in enacting policies that in order to cut overtime, he's cutting mail delivery.

Two postal unions said leaving mail behind is one of several new directives from Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

Mail delayed? Postal unions share concerns over new directives

There is no reason why the mail has to be delivered to everyone 6 days a week. Mr. DeJoy is right, reducing the number of deliveries is a smart move.

There is no reason why the mail has to be delivered to everyone 6 days a week. Mr. DeJoy is right, reducing the number of deliveries is a smart move.

Delivery: Monday through Saturday since 1863 - About USPS ...
about.usps.com › who-we-are › postal-history › deliver...

Postmaster General, 214-243. Delivery: Monday through Saturday since 1863. City Delivery. Beginning July 1, 1863, free mail delivery was authorized in.

A lot of things have changed since 1863, gene. Modern communications, the telephone, direct deposit, the internet. Time for the USPS to catch up to the times.

A lot of things have changed since 1863, gene. Modern communications, the telephone, direct deposit, the internet. Time for the USPS to catch up to the times.
With the coronavirus, more people than ever are ordering things online. What you don't account for is how do people get all the stuff they ordered?

It isn't delivered by santa claus.

With the coronavirus, more people than ever are ordering things online. What you don't account for is how do people get all the stuff they ordered?

Fedex, Amazon, UPS, there are a lot of delivery concerns out there. Unfortunately, by taking the USPS out of Staples stores, they really lost a lot of business.

Of the whopping 4,000 BILLION dollars of OUR money government blows through every year the USPS is one of the few services I actually benefit from. And its a local community service. Yes there's room for improvement government idiots run the thing but of all the taxes I pay Federal, State, and local at least I can identify a direct benefit back to me for the money I have to cough up.

If the USPS was disbanded today government would just waste that money on some other BS FACT! Plus Benjamin Franklin was appointed the first postmaster general of the United States, that's cool!

Fedex, Amazon, UPS, there are a lot of delivery concerns out there. Unfortunately, by taking the USPS out of Staples stores, they really lost a lot of business.

Maybe you're made out of money, but most people aren't and rely on the much lower rates the post office charges.

People also ask
What is cheapest FedEx UPS or USPS?
USPS will always be cheaper than FedEx or UPS hands down.

Some say that Trump hates the post office because it had a contract that helped Amazon, owned by Trump rival and richest man in the world Jeff Bezos.

Others say it's because the post office is 40% women, 23% black, and 11% hispanic and 7% asian. And Trump hates women and minorities.

Now some say Trump hates the pot office, because they handle absentee and mail-in ballots, which in the age of COVID-19 would serve to boost voter turnout.

And why is Trump contributor and now postmaster, trying to slow the mail that the country depends on.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

But not any more.
I was not aware of the possible Jeff Bezos rivalry/motivation.
Hate is too strong a word for his attitude. It plays into his psychology as he knows he does not hate any group. He simply does not give damn. I do not believe it is about the 40% women, 23% Black 11% Hispanic, 7% Asian thing. I do not think he hates these groups. He just does not give a damn about these groups. To him, they fill specific purposes he thinks he understands, thinking women are for sex recreation, having babies hand hopefully raising babies and are just lessor creatures to meet his needs. To him, Hispanics are for picking fruit, mixing concrete and laying brick though sometimes involved in gang violence and the Mexican drug trade, lessor creatures again. He thinks Blacks are universally lesser creatures in general, but supplying sports teams and some other low paying domestic labor needs, though often involve in domestic drug trade and violence (to be watched), possible as minor competitors against mafioso organized crime he is familiar with using and negotiating with to meet his needs. He doesn't have regard for Asians either way, but figures their study ethic and technical skills are of value to wealthy friends, so he believes them superior to Americans with similar skills as they do not seem to be horning in his interest and may have less long-term needs or political motivations to deal with at this time. Still, looking down on them as lesser creature, much the way he looks down on average Americans. There is a place in his scheme of life for anyone he can look down on as it feeds his ego to feel he is better about is superiority. Basically, he does not hate any group. He just prefers not to give a damn as they generally do not matter as long as their efforts to organize pose no threat to the status quo, learning long ago, his was to skim profits off the backs of all lessor creatures. Not a hater, just a user.
The mail is something that is a double impact. It competes (unfairly in his mind, being government created and managed) with for profit private (crony) competitors and secondly (at this time possibly more importantly) provides an avenue of voting to the masses, making the voices of the average Americans less easy to tamp down as he and his crony capitalist party tries in-vain to retain power at all costs, moral/immoral, legal/illegal (as long as not caught outright in time to stop it).
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers", but crony capitalists appointed to the right positions, just might and so they must be used, hopefully with the timing too short to be prevented by the legal system and courts, another group he looks down on and to a large point fears, that he thinks are supposed to be for him to use to continue to continue to skim the masses.
The mail will not effect me. I will vote by early voting as I have done for years, if it kills me. My vote will be counted on election night. I will do my part to remove this aberration of the reality tv crowd from control of the body politic.

Some say that Trump hates the post office because it had a contract that helped Amazon, owned by Trump rival and richest man in the world Jeff Bezos.

Others say it's because the post office is 40% women, 23% black, and 11% hispanic and 7% asian. And Trump hates women and minorities.

Now some say Trump hates the pot office, because they handle absentee and mail-in ballots, which in the age of COVID-19 would serve to boost voter turnout.

And why is Trump contributor and now postmaster, trying to slow the mail that the country depends on.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

But not any more.
you forgot to add how many veterans work there....

Basically, he does not hate any group. He just prefers not to give a damn as they generally do not matter as long as their efforts to organize pose no threat to the status quo, learning long ago, his was to skim profits off the backs of all lessor creatures. Not a hater, just a user.

The mail is something that is a double impact. It competes (unfairly in his mind, being government created and managed) with for profit private (crony) competitors and secondly (at this time possibly more importantly) provides an avenue of voting to the masses, making the voices of the average Americans less easy to tamp down as he and his crony capitalist party tries in-vain to retain power at all costs, moral/immoral, legal/illegal (as long as not caught outright in time to stop it).

The mail will not effect me. I will vote by early voting as I have done for years, if it kills me. My vote will be counted on election night. I will do my part to remove this aberration of the reality tv crowd from control of the body politic.

Valid points, but another reason Trump may hate the post office. It will as Trump said, delay the calling of the election for days, months or years. Well Trump was part right. Mail in means no calling the election hours after the polls close. Instead it will take at least 3-4 days waiting for outstanding ballots in a close election.

I hate the post office because they can't seem to deliver to the correct address in my neighborhood. Happens at least once a week, sometimes I get mail for people a quarter mile away.
I sure as hell don't trust them with my vote.

But not any more.
Virtually all of Trump's "positions" and comments have their roots in talk radio, and talk radio has been against the Post Office for a long time.

So in this case, he'll be against the Post Office because he has been instructed to attack mail-in voting.

The Postal Union hopes that Sleepy Joe will bail out the USPS and not impose austerity on the declining agency. Who can blame them? Reducing postal staff means less men paying union dues to finance the union staff's lifestyle.

That might be the opinion of postal workers that they love Biden, but that doesn't explain why Trump hates the post office.
when i was working there,there was a lot of righties in the work force,especially the vets, and they did not care to much for obama ....so dont think its that one sided....

Forum List

Back