Why does Congress insist on destroying the Postal Service?

One major reason the USPS is losing money is because of their own union. Across the US, there are approximately 85,000 postal employees in "No work" jobs that are earning a fat salary for doing absolutely nothing. They gather at a given location, usually a labor union cafeteria, sit down and stay there for the entire work day. They read magazines, drink coffee or other beverages and eat from the vending machines or whatever they may have brought with them. They perform zero work for the entire work day. Still though, they get paid as if they had worked the entire work day.
When you consider that the starting salary for postal employees is $51.000 per year, and many of those in "no work" jobs have seniority and are making well over that, you can see how much that can effect the bottom line of the postal service itself.
Just as a small example:
(85,000x$75,000=$6,375,000,000)
No wonder they're losing money.

Question is why does the Post Office lose money.
Decline in mail volume
Advanced payments to cover expected health care costs for future retirees.\

Simple solution:
End all health care costs for all future retirees
Lay off all employees that are not needed for the reduction in mail volume.

End all health care costs for all future retirees

that's what they have been trying to do since it has been funded well into the future...

Lay off all employees that are not needed for the reduction in mail volume

that would be management....when i left they were short handed with Carriers....

Good for him.
UPS is quicker and cheaper.
All about choice.
People are choosing not to do business with the USPS.

UPS is quicker and cheaper.

many a business that i have dealt with will tell you that you are wrong....its all up to the individual isnt it?...

People are choosing not to do business with the USPS

is that why Revenue from package deliveries has continued to grow. Revenue was $2.9 billion, up $237 million, or 8.8 percent, over last year......

LOL, I deal with UPS because they bring it to my damn door and the Post Office leaves a note that the large package is at the post office for me to pick up.
What world do you live in?

USPS loses billions a damn year.
Please join us in the real world.
prove what i said wrong.....

One major reason the USPS is losing money is because of their own union. Across the US, there are approximately 85,000 postal employees in "No work" jobs that are earning a fat salary for doing absolutely nothing. They gather at a given location, usually a labor union cafeteria, sit down and stay there for the entire work day. They read magazines, drink coffee or other beverages and eat from the vending machines or whatever they may have brought with them. They perform zero work for the entire work day. Still though, they get paid as if they had worked the entire work day.
When you consider that the starting salary for postal employees is $51.000 per year, and many of those in "no work" jobs have seniority and are making well over that, you can see how much that can effect the bottom line of the postal service itself.
Just as a small example:
(85,000x$75,000=$6,375,000,000)
No wonder they're losing money.

the main reason is because of the people who run the place and make the decisions....and Congress and the Board of Governors....and i have never heard about those 85,000 employees you are talking about....unless you are talking about Middle Managers.....they sit around and do nothing....

Forum List

Back