Why do you think this NY Times Op-Ed was written?

There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
Ego.

Pure ego.

That's why they wrote it.

On using a polygraph... in 2018 (a good read):

Lie-detector tests for White House employees is a dumb idea from a White House full of them - NY Daily News
All administrations dating back to President Reagan have used polygraph tests against some senior intelligence officials who had access to classified information. But as both Reagan and President Obama well learned, the leaks kept coming.
Obama was so appalled by the leaks that his Director of National Intelligence James Clapper expanded the use of polygraph testing but even he stopped short of ordering testing on White House employees.
Trump should follow Clapper's lead and back down. Hiring an employee, then demanding a polygraph is the human resources equivalent of waterboarding (which we know Trump likes, after all).
Another reason it's an awful idea? Richard Nixon wanted to do it in hopes of diverting attention from, you guessed it, a scandal (Watergate) and onto something that wasn't a scandal at all, but was actually helping to save our democracy (leakers)

I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However, it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.
Correction, the left will do whatever it takes to take Trump out. Including writing this op/ed and attributing it to someone in the administration.

That's not likely.
The identity will be known eventually and this isn't exactly ground breaking information.
It's just further confirmation of what we've known about Trump since the beginning.
Confirmation bias at its best.

Most thinking people understand that those things you know, aren't actual facts but are information that has been cherry-picked to meet a specific narrative.

Most people understand that this has been reported from the beginning and is now starting to be confirmed by admin officials.

Remind us how wrong the reporting on watergate turned out to be.
watergate was about *trying to* weaponize the gov against the other party. remind me what obama did again?

The reporting, dope.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.
I think it's fair to wonder if it's real. It's definitely fishy in some ways.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.
I don’t think his behavior warrants a spy in the WH. Do you?

Spy?

Whistleblower.
This person was hired by Trump.
Flashback: Obama prosecuted staff leakers, gave lie-detector tests, ‘paranoid’

who hired the ones obama went after then?

"According to reports at the time from even New York Times journalists, no administration was tougher on leakers and punishing to the media than Obama’s, a saga reinforced by reporters who have called Trump’s team more forthcoming."

Obama has nothing to do with this, loser.

/——-/ He/she is trying to close a book deal

So they want Pence to serve less than 2 years as president before Democrats easily win over a completely fractured Republican Party in 2020? Sure.
`
Pence is the point man for the evangelicals. Two years is more than enough time for them to tilt this government into a theocracy under their control.
`

My guess is it was written out of fear and desperation by someone or multiple someones who are experiencing severe Trump Derangement Syndrome. Maybe they’re actually part of Trump’s team and maybe not. If I had to guess I’d say not. I think it’s likely more a work of fiction than not. As for why it was published at this specific time, I’m not quite sure. My best guess is trying to influence midterms but if that’s the case I don’t know why the author(s) didn’t wait a couple months to keep it fresh in everyone’s mind.

Maybe The NY Times published it to get a lot of clicks. I don’t think they’re doing too well as I get bombarded by their ads on Twitter begging for subscribers at a pretty cheap price.

In reality there are probably multiple reasons for whoever wrote it to write it. All we can do is speculate and hopefully we get some answers but I wouldn’t count on it!

It can't be real. I think it's clear that journalists are going to be releasing opinion pieces from roughly 300 different publications to influence the election. They tipped it off a couple of weeks ago. This is just a story that supposedly reinforces a false narrative that Trump is nuts. The Democrats keep repeating this lie in every speech, every hearing, every time they can get cameras to focus on them. They're trying to act like they're saving us from a dangerous dictator. The problem with that is Trump is trying to protect us from THEM.

This op-ed crossed the line. If true, it shows an actual espionage operation is ongoing inside the WH.
It also proved, if true, that there is a Deep-state willing to do anything to stop him.
So on one hand you have people spying on Trump, despite the Deep-State claiming that they aren't.
All of the leaks are either BS or there is some janitor listening in on Trump meetings.

Here's the rub.....if there was any truth to Russian Collusion, a spy or a mole would have been able to prove it by now.
Any Democrat that tries to take advantage of this fake story is pretty stupid, because it only proves that Trump was right all along.
Whoever it is, they're guilty of sedition/treason. If this person really exists, then they are not only undermining the lawful operation of the government, but this person is subject to not only firing, but a long prison term. Course Liz Warren has already foolishly jumped on it. Everyone else, so far, has tried to stay clear of it, because they know how dangerous this situation can become if true.

At the same time, we've completely lost our shit, and I don't think I'd be surprised by any name, if it were real.

But given Trump's behaviors since the day he came down the escalator - behaviors proudly cheered on by his followers - any of this is possible.

Spy?

Whistleblower.

"According to reports at the time from even New York Times journalists, no administration was tougher on leakers and punishing to the media than Obama’s, a saga reinforced by reporters who have called Trump’s team more forthcoming."

so you're saying the left can do whatever they want and when they get to be hypocritical shits their past behavior can't be held against them?

not playing that game holmes.

"...Trump is a Crazy Nazi who throws children into concentration Camps." Really now...who's crazy?

Well, Trump, obviously. We still have a few thousand kids who we haven't gotten back to their parents yet.

Uh-huh... and where’s the proof they’re in concentration camps or did the same press who obsesses over Trump day after day somehow miss this moral catastrophe? I want pictures of these camps and pictures of emaciated/diseased bodies—piles and piles of them. Bonus points if you can find a pyre of bodies and undeniable proof Trump is orchestrating the ethnic cleansing of millions.

Thanks in advance!

I believe some of the verbiage is key; just my opinion. Let's take a look.

"To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

So, here is my take:
* The 25th A was already discussed & they decided not to go there.
* Trump is not grounded; he is a pinball bouncing inside of a pinball machine = chaos.
* There are adults in the room baby sitting a POTUS they see as doing (some) good but also doing too much damage.
* We are trying to mitigate the damage BUT don't be surprised if we all get blown to Hell with nukes before this ends.
* Everyone, please cross your fingers

So this person thinks many of Trump’s policies “have already made America safer and more prosperous” but the president’s “leadership style is ineffective”?

I wonder how many of these kind of contradictions are peppered throughout this garbage article. It’s stuff like this that makes me not able to stomach reading the whole thing. I see things others either can’t see or happily skip over.

Spy?

Whistleblower.

so you're saying the left can do whatever they want and when they get to be hypocritical shits their past behavior can't be held against them?

not playing that game holmes.

No. I'm saying Obama has nothing to do with this thread, dope.

I believe some of the verbiage is key; just my opinion. Let's take a look.

"To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

So, here is my take:
* The 25th A was already discussed & they decided not to go there.
* Trump is not grounded; he is a pinball bouncing inside of a pinball machine = chaos.
* There are adults in the room baby sitting a POTUS they see as doing (some) good but also doing too much damage.
* We are trying to mitigate the damage BUT don't be surprised if we all get blown to Hell with nukes before this ends.
* Everyone, please cross your fingers

So this person thinks many of Trump’s policies “have already made America safer and more prosperous” but the president’s “leadership style is ineffective”?

I wonder how many of these kind of contradictions are peppered throughout this garbage article. It’s stuff like this that makes me not able to stomach reading the whole thing. I see things others either can’t see or happily skip over.

You obviously don't care to read the OP-ED because it 'effects your sensitivities' yet you claim to see what others cannot; others that have actually read the complete article.

The Bible is also FULL of contradictions. I bet you hate reading in general.

Jeff Sessions is at home, smoking a cigar, watching America lose its mind over his NYT op-ed, thinking, “How’s *that* for ‘retarded’”

I got a special twist on this....

I think the op-ed is from Mike Pence (Mr. lodestar) and Donald Trump himself. This radical combo gains from diverting attention from the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation.
Should he get confirmed and the op-ed taken in as credible:
  • Extra protection to Trump from judiciary.
  • Evangelicals (Pence) get closer to the reality of RoeVWade reversals.
  • The entire staff is forced into officially denying the reality described by the op-ed (and Woodward's book)
  • Management by fear is solidified.
  • The potential of dictatorship closer to reality.
Lodestar/Trump combo makes sense.
I would rule that out immediately, as I don't think Trump is capable of condoning anything that impinges on his fragile, inflated ego.

Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

That's my thought as well. If a person from inside the WH wrote this it would be hard to believe it was a high level person with political experience to trust the NYT to keep their identity secret. And how exactly did the times get the story and verify who wrote it? It would seem even doing that would have been a big risk for a high level person, what would they have done had the Times said no we will not post an anonymous op-ed, knowing a story would be written about the request outing them.

Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

That's my thought as well. If a person from inside the WH wrote this it would be hard to believe it was a high level person with political experience to trust the NYT to keep their identity secret. And how exactly did the times get the story and verify who wrote it? It would seem even doing that would have been a big risk for a high level person, what would they have done had the Times said no we will not post an anonymous op-ed, knowing a story would be written about the request outing them.
My guess is that the Times editors know who this person is and that they've done some vetting. At the same time, the description they gave, "high level official" or whatever, is vague and could mean a lot of things.

The Times has to know that this person could be outed, and that they'll have to defend any bullshit they've tossed out if and when that happens.

At least theoretically. Who knows. This is nuts. It's tough to believe that they completely fabricated this. They can't be THAT desperate.

Forum List

Back