Zone1 Why do you need gods?

Sometimes :)

But not this time. ;)

You didn't recognize Aquinas's "first uncaused cause" argument and you didn't recognize the standard riposte to the argument.

This is what actual education looks like.

You should really try it some time. Make your lies easier to craft.

You didn't recognize Aquinas's "first uncaused cause" argument and you didn't recognize the standard riposte to the argument.

This is what actual education looks like.

You should really try it some time. Make your lies easier to craft.
Re-read what you wrote and what I wrote, dummy.

I think it's extremely important for people acknowledge something above them. And I'm not just talking about species, although that could be a large part of it. When humankind does not do this it begins to destroy itself.

There was an anonymous Sufi priest about 500 years ago who said "truth is something which cannot be found by seeking yet only seekers shall find it".... Meaning that the truth comes to you on its own terms not yours. And this can only be found by believing in something higher than yourself. The greatest most memorable music on the face of this planet was inspired by belief in such things. There have been examples in all the world's religions.

In my life I reject the authority of all organized religions...athough I may respect their teachings. It is simply that power of belief in something higher than ourselves that opens us to the true power that none of us can ultimately deny. That which we have no right to call by name. It is. acknowledging that there is something higher than yourself... ANYTHING.... Which enables you to be spiritual at all. You will get what you need in order to present you with the lessons that you need to learn as the human that you are.

No matter what you choose to assert for yourself is God as the final word on everything ....you may have experiences that teach you that you are not right in your lowly assumptions. As a human you must accept your infinitesimal smallness and inability to truly conclude the truth on these matters.

You would not exist, you would not have any life at all, if God had not created you.

I'd have to say that is a pretty big effect on your life.
I don't believe that.

There is absolutely no scientific proof that any gods are responsible for our existence. And my parents created me via sexual reproduction.

You would not exist, you would not have any life at all, if God had not created you.
I'd have to say that is a pretty big effect on your life.
I don't believe that.
There is absolutely no scientific proof that any gods are responsible for our existence. And my parents created me via sexual reproduction.

Denying the plain truth will not make it go away.

“A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.” — C.S. Lewis​

Denying the plain truth will not make it go away.

“A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.” — C.S. Lewis​
Truth is provable.

Not to a fool who is determined to deny it.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.Psalms 14:1
if there is ever proof that gods exist and I mean real scientific verifiable proof you let me know

Re-read what you wrote and what I wrote, dummy.

You were talking about the first uncaused cause, but you clearly didn't understand the response I posted.

Aquinas (a famous Catholic philosopher) proposed several methods of proof for God. One of those was the first uncaused cause (the argument you made). That's nothing more than a case of special pleading.

It solves the problem of causation (everything has a cause) by simply unilaterally decreeing that "God is the first uncaused cause". That's not a proof. That's special pleading.

I wish you had more education. You really do seem like among the most uneducated people I've run into.

I wish you'd taken a philosophy class. Hell, I wish you'd taken ANY college courses.

If you would like to talk about Catholic (Scholastic) Philosophy I'd be more than happy to do so. I'd even be happy to talk theology with you.

But, like the earth science stuff, it's not like you know anything.

Why do people have a need to believe in gods?
Some people have seen things.

Did you know God Is only dealing with the CALLED & CHOSEN?

Did you know He is not calling EVERYONE at this time?

Did you know Jesus said, if you are not called by God, you are the Devil's children?

Some people have seen things.

Did you know God Is only dealing with the CALLED & CHOSEN?

Did you know He is not calling EVERYONE at this time?

Did you know Jesus said, if you are not called by God, you are the Devil's children?
Well the god of the bible made the devil so the devil is your god's child

And how do you really know what Jesus said?

Forum List

Back