Why do White people in America only identify with the term American but nothing else?

I know a black South African American who call himself an American....period.
Thats great. Maybe he listened to you. I and millions of others dont really care what you say.

I didn't ask you to...I just responded to the threads originating post. And I have the same question as the black guy who asked the question, but I had an answer.
You knew better than to ask me to but you sure are trying to convince me. :laugh:

Thats great. Maybe he listened to you. I and millions of others dont really care what you say.

I didn't ask you to...I just responded to the threads originating post. And I have the same question as the black guy who asked the question, but I had an answer.
You knew better than to ask me to but you sure are trying to convince me. :laugh:
There is absolutely no sense in trying to convince a dolt of anything...AND YOU QUALIFY as a dolt.

This is why we are doomed

at one time we WERE all just Americans

with all this hyphenated- - -Americans, we see it now used to dump on the white people in the country

Maybe Americans of all color and races will get tired of it.

Or You can just call us, The Divided States of America

they've been working on Dividing us for years now looks like they've succeeded

There is absolutely no sense in trying to convince a dolt of anything...AND YOU QUALIFY as a dolt.
You must be a bigger dolt because you were sure trying your hardest to convince me that being aware of my ethnicity caused problems. It may cause them for you but then you dont rate as anything other than a good laugh.

with all this hyphenated- - -Americans, we see it now used to dump on the white people in the country

I keep asking when was that? I know the constitution said I wasnt even a whole person.

Told ya! Whites are the only ones allowed to identify their heritage. All others do it just to put a finger in the eyes of white people because...everything is about white people :rolleyes:

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

Speaking for myself... to me, all born Americans, are Americans. I don't think in terms of blank-American. Anyone who says they are a "black-American", to me, they are saying they are not American. If you are Mexican... then you are Mexican, and not an American.

If you are an American..... then you are an American. That's it.

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

Speaking for myself... to me, all born Americans, are Americans. I don't think in terms of blank-American. Anyone who says they are a "black-American", to me, they are saying they are not American. If you are Mexican... then you are Mexican, and not an American.

Irish American not American?

You be American. I'm Black/African American.

You must be a bigger dolt because you were sure trying your hardest to convince me that being aware of my ethnicity caused problems. It may cause them for you but then you dont rate as anything other than a good laugh.
NO...you're the bigger dolt, you fucking idiot.
ROTFL110x85.gif

NO...you're the bigger dolt, you fucking idiot.
ROTFL110x85.gif
Dont get emotional. I know you want to convince me but you cant. You dont have any credibility.

See, I told you, you are the bigger dolt. You're just a Negro. And stop using the / sign. It's a gd hypen - you moron.

See, I told you, you are the bigger dolt. You're just a Negro. And stop using the / sign. It's a gd hypen - you moron.
Negro is played out. I'm Black/African American.

b/c the only people that should say "I'm a ______________ American" are immigrants.

But every single last immigrant I know will say "I'm an American"

It's all leftist divide and conquer, and it works

Just because you affiliate with other cultures or demographics does not make you any less of an American

You can still recognize your Italian roots and culture and still be an American
You can be a Texan and have a certain culture and background and still be an American
You can be a senior citizen and still be an American

Being an American is very broad
Exactly.The majority of "American customs" actually originated is other countries. Just because one identifies with another culture, does not make them any less of American citizen, except in the myopic view of someone who does not get out much.

That makes you a Negro with a capital N. And no slash required. Or if you would rather, just an American.

I am 100% German blood. Both my parents were 100% German, and their parents, and before that we got off the boat. I can trace back my heritage to the actual clan in Germany, which as best I can tell is still there.

How do I identify myself? I'm an American. Period. I'm not a "German American". I am an American. Until I leave this country, and live somewhere else, I will always be.... American.

You can't be the a permanent resident of two different places. You physical location can't be German and America. Or Ireland and America. Or Africa and America. Your loyalty can't be completely divided either. You can't be 100% committed to Ireland, and 100% committed to the US.

b/c the only people that should say "I'm a ______________ American" are immigrants.

But every single last immigrant I know will say "I'm an American"

It's all leftist divide and conquer, and it works

Just because you affiliate with other cultures or demographics does not make you any less of an American

You can still recognize your Italian roots and culture and still be an American
You can be a Texan and have a certain culture and background and still be an American
You can be a senior citizen and still be an American

Being an American is very broad
Exactly.The majority of "American customs" actually originated is other countries. Just because one identifies with another culture, does not make them any less of American citizen, except in the myopic view of someone who does not get out much. Every lafge city that I have been to invariably has a "Chinatown, Koreatown, Little Italy, Koreatown".etc

It does not make the an less American, it is just part of the diversity that makes the country what it is.

Why do White people in America only identify with the term American but nothing else?

The bigger question is this...

Why doesn't everyone born in the United States of America identify themselves simply as "American?"

I am 100% German blood. Both my parents were 100% German, and their parents, and before that we got off the boat. I can trace back my heritage to the actual clan in Germany, which as best I can tell is still there.

How do I identify myself? I'm an American. Period. I'm not a "German American". I am an American. Until I leave this country, and live somewhere else, I will always be.... American.

You can't be the a permanent resident of two different places. You physical location can't be German and America. Or Ireland and America. Or Africa and America. Your loyalty can't be completely divided either. You can't be 100% committed to Ireland, and 100% committed to the US.

I asked you very specifically....Is Irish American not American? Or does this logic of yours only apply to darker skinned people?

That makes you a Negro with a capital N. And no slash required. Or if you would rather, just an American.
Negro is a mispronunciation of Niger. It was incorporated into latin and used to describe the word Black. I dont subscribe to labels white people designate for me. I'm Black/African American.

Forum List

Back