Why do White people in America only identify with the term American but nothing else?

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

I gotta ask..How can you be an "outcast" in your own country?
It would seem to me that those who choose to distance themselves from America by using a foreign moniker in their name are the outcasts.

There once was the emphasis on 'out of many people becoming one', e plulibus unum. Now it has flipped 180 degrees to 'out of one many', with special interest groups grabbing for an entitled piece of pie. One particular political party has made this their platform as it's primarily how they gain and hold power.

What is the difference between someone proclaiming

I am a Texan vs I am an African American?

Does it mean they hate America?

Because Texas is a state In America? You know..like not in africa.

So?

It denotes their heritage and culture. How is it different than someone denoting their African American heritage and culture?

Because Texas is a state In America? You know..like not in africa.

So?

It denotes their heritage and culture. How is it different than someone denoting their African American heritage and culture?

Africa is not part of America.

African American is part of our culture. Just like Texas is

Assigning your ethnicity along with the term' American' is all about PC and is IMHO meaningless. I believe it started with Black people in the 60s as the rest of the country was told how to properly refer to them. There was 'Negro' and 'Colored' which was replaced with African American and we have been stuck with this nonsense ever since.

Assigning your ethnicity along with the term' American' is all about PC and is IMHO meaningless. I believe it started with Black people in the 60s as the rest of the country was told how to properly refer to them. There was 'Negro' and 'Colored' which was replaced with African American and we have been stuck with this nonsense ever since.
Good to hear it is just your opinion and not the truth. For a minute there I thought I had it all wrong.

So you have African Americans, Native Americans, Mexican Americans, or Asian Americans etc. But White people in America seems to be the outkast? Can someone help me understand this?

I gotta ask..How can you be an "outcast" in your own country?
It would seem to me that those who choose to distance themselves from America by using a foreign moniker in their name are the outcasts.
Easy. But first you gotta ask the reason for the racial cleansing whites conducted against Blacks in their towns and counties.

There once was the emphasis on 'out of many people becoming one', e plulibus unum. Now it has flipped 180 degrees to 'out of one many', with special interest groups grabbing for an entitled piece of pie. One particular political party has made this their platform as it's primarily how they gain and hold power.
When was that? Must have been when Blacks and other people were not considered American.

Minorities add a hyphenated prefix to their nationality so as to feel special. It's a kind of 'little dog syndrome'.

Minorities add a hyphenated prefix to their nationality so as to feel special. It's a kind of 'little dog syndrome'.
White people are the majority and they add "little dog" prefixes to their nationality to feel special. Ooops I forgot they are no longer the majority now. So called "minorities" now outnumber them.

Last edited:
If we are to ever become truly color blind, the best way to do so is to stop differentiating ourselves in terms of race or ethnicity.

Identity politics does the opposite, and I find it ironic that those who complain the most about racism are usually the very people most likely to engage in it. .

If we are to ever become truly color blind, the best way to do so is to stop differentiating ourselves in terms of race or ethnicity.

Identity politics does the opposite, and I find it ironic that those who complain the most about racism are usually the very people most likely to engage in it. .
I dont want to be color blind. I like all the different races. Acknowledging that someone is of a different race is not racism. It only becomes racism when people start believing they are better because of their race. I find it ironic that the people that practiced racism for centuries get offended when other people love their race.

I dont want to be color blind. I like all the different races. Acknowledging that someone is of a different race is not racism. It only becomes racism when people start believing they are better because of their race. I find it ironic that the people that practiced racism for centuries get offended when other people love their race.

How can anybody practice racism for centuries?

We don't live that long.

How can anybody practice racism for centuries?

We don't live that long.
Who said anything about how long someone lived? Racism is a system not someones individual life.

Who said anything about how long someone lived? Racism is a system not someones individual life.

You only see people in terms of their race, instead of as individuals.

If you saw them as individuals, you would not have made the statement in regards to their having practiced racism.

You are part of the problem instead of part of the solution here.

Forum List

Back