Why Do They Pass Dumb Laws?

3. Here's the IQ test question that Liberals can't answer: what gun laws do criminals obey?
Nonsensical question. What speed limit laws do speeders obey? What laws against killing people do murderers obey?
Which is why they enacted laws like speed cameras, to increase enforcement to the point where violators no longer risk breaking the law. Making guns more traceable, ex. by registration of all firearms, serves that purpose.

I'm new here, so perhaps I'm not fully grasping what you mean. You think full registration of all firearms so that they can be traced back to their original owners will cause a thief to think twice before selling a gun he stole to a gangbanger or that the gangbanger will hesitate to use the stolen gun he bought because it can be traced back to its legal owner?

Please elaborate so that I can understand the logic in your statement.
Cheers
Guns in the US is a complex issue and there are no easy or one-size-fits-all solutions. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

3. Here's the IQ test question that Liberals can't answer: what gun laws do criminals obey?
Nonsensical question. What speed limit laws do speeders obey? What laws against killing people do murderers obey?
Which is why they enacted laws like speed cameras, to increase enforcement to the point where violators no longer risk breaking the law. Making guns more traceable, ex. by registration of all firearms, serves that purpose.

I'm new here, so perhaps I'm not fully grasping what you mean. You think full registration of all firearms so that they can be traced back to their original owners will cause a thief to think twice before selling a gun he stole to a gangbanger or that the gangbanger will hesitate to use the stolen gun he bought because it can be traced back to its legal owner?

Cheers
Guns in the US is a complex issue and there are no easy or one-size-fits-all solutions. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Second amendment.

Case closed.

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.
How many times has the SCOTUS heard gun control cases? Case is hardly closed unless you think the 2nd refers only to a flintlock-carrying militia.

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.
How many times has the SCOTUS heard gun control cases? Case is hardly closed unless you think the 2nd refers only to a flintlock-carrying militia.

The Constitution is the law of the land....not the pretentious Supreme Court.

It's in English.....if you would work on your facility with that language, you'd be able to read it.

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.

It's in English.....if you would work on your facility with that language, you'd be able to read it.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Yet for 200 years it was not seen as a personal right, why did that just recently change? How did the Founding Fathers define 'Arms'? Did they intend for anyone to own a cannon? Are there any other Constitutional rights that are not regulated? There are laws governing speech and assembly, why is the 2nd different?

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Yet for 200 years it was not seen as a personal right, why did that just recently change? How did the Founding Fathers define 'Arms'? Did they intend for anyone to own a cannon? Are there any other Constitutional rights that are not regulated? There are laws governing speech and assembly, why is the 2nd different?

You are such a dunce......the result of government schooling and lack of reading.

1792 Militia Act of 1792, setting forth standards for the May 2 Act, (1792 Militia Act of 1792 was passed by the Second Congress, allowing the president to call out members of the states militias.) including a] each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of age 18 and under age 45… b] provide himself with a good musket,…bayonet and belt,… not less than twenty four cartridges.; c] exempting all elected officials and employees of the government.

George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights: "I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." (Jonathan Elliot, The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, [NY: Burt Franklin,1888] p.425-6)

The Constitution gave Congress the power to raise and support a national army, and to organize “the Militia.” This is because an army didn’t naturally exist, while “the Militia” only had to be organized: it always existed. (See enumerated powers in Article 1,Section 8.)

The Supreme Court, in US v. Miller, (1939) “…militia system…implied the general obligation of all adult male inhabitants to possess arms, and, with certain exceptions, to cooperate in the work of defence.” It concluded that the militia was primarily civilians.

Today, federal law defines “the militia of the United States” to include all able-bodied males from 17 to 45 and members of the National Guard up to age 64, but excluding those who have no intention of becoming citizens, and active military personnel. (US Code Title 10, sect. 311-313)

[10 U.S. Code § 311 - Exchange of defense personnel between United States and friendly foreign countries: authority]

have a right to arms, but it is not the only reason.

b. “…well-regulated…” Regulated does not refer to government regulations. Contemporary meaning from definitions in the Oxford English Dictionary. "Regulated" has an Obsolete definition (b) "Of troops: Properly disciplined" and then "discipline" has a definition (3b) applying to the military, "Training in the practice of arms and military evolutions; drill. Formerly, more widely: Training or skill in military affairs generally; military skill and experience; the art of war." (The pesky meaning of "Well Regulated" - Democratic Underground)

What ever would the Democrat Party do without stupid people.....you?

Assault weapons ban is one thing the democrats in Virginia cannot get passed despite controlling both chambers and all major offices in the state, and that is a watered down version that just prevents future sales, not outlawing possession.

Why do the Democrats work so assiduously for criminals?

Simple, They get kickbacks.

Assault weapons ban is one thing the democrats in Virginia cannot get passed despite controlling both chambers and all major offices in the state, and that is a watered down version that just prevents future sales, not outlawing possession.

Why do the Democrats work so assiduously for criminals?

Simple, They get kickbacks.

It appears we have seen the exchange take place in the riots, arsons, looting that the Democrats used to soften up the public in the run-up to stealing the election.

Gun laws are aimed at law-abiding people only. By Liberals.
Except where they fail to close the loopholes, criminals obey just about every gun law.

Not by choice, but because like the old saying "It takes two to tango" criminals can only get firearms from other criminals. Any attempt at acquiring firearms from law abiding sources, results in failure, that forces them to comply with those gun laws.

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.

You are such a dunce......the result of government schooling and lack of reading.

1792 Militia Act of 1792, setting forth standards for the May 2 Act, (1792 Militia Act of 1792 was passed by the Second Congress, allowing the president to call out members of the states militias.) including a] each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of age 18 and under age 45… b] provide himself with a good musket,…bayonet and belt,… not less than twenty four cartridges.; c] exempting all elected officials and employees of the government.

George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights: "I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." (Jonathan Elliot, The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, [NY: Burt Franklin,1888] p.425-6)

The Constitution gave Congress the power to raise and support a national army, and to organize “the Militia.” This is because an army didn’t naturally exist, while “the Militia” only had to be organized: it always existed. (See enumerated powers in Article 1,Section 8.)

The Supreme Court, in US v. Miller, (1939) “…militia system…implied the general obligation of all adult male inhabitants to possess arms, and, with certain exceptions, to cooperate in the work of defence.” It concluded that the militia was primarily civilians.

Today, federal law defines “the militia of the United States” to include all able-bodied males from 17 to 45 and members of the National Guard up to age 64, but excluding those who have no intention of becoming citizens, and active military personnel. (US Code Title 10, sect. 311-313)

[10 U.S. Code § 311 - Exchange of defense personnel between United States and friendly foreign countries: authority]

b. “…well-regulated…” Regulated does not refer to government regulations. Contemporary meaning from definitions in the Oxford English Dictionary. "Regulated" has an Obsolete definition (b) "Of troops: Properly disciplined" and then "discipline" has a definition (3b) applying to the military, "Training in the practice of arms and military evolutions; drill. Formerly, more widely: Training or skill in military affairs generally; military skill and experience; the art of war." (The pesky meaning of "Well Regulated" - Democratic Underground)

The Constitution is the law of the land....not the pretentious Congress.

Seems a good musket,…bayonet and belt,… not less than twenty four cartridges, is reasonable.
This is not:
mh7jwrvmigj31.jpg

Except where they fail to close the loopholes, criminals obey just about every gun law.

Not by choice, but because like the old saying "It takes two to tango" criminals can only get firearms from other criminals. Any attempt at acquiring firearms from law abiding sources, results in failure, that forces them to comply with those gun laws.

Actually, there are numerous gun laws that have nothing to do with legal purchase.

Numbers from the DOJ (2018), if you choose to believe them, seem to indicate that almost 50% of guns used in criminal activities are stolen. Nearly 40% are purchased from other criminals. These activities are illegal - usually felonies.
They are not "forced" to comply with any laws concerning firearms.

Simply saying that because they can't legally purchase a firearm, they are complying with the law is specious.

Can you provide details on these "loopholes" that result in a flood of firearms for criminals?

Cheers

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.

And don't forget that the federal government established the CMP - Civilian Marksmanship Program.
It seems that back in the "before time", the government saw the value of civilian gun ownership.

Cheers

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.

And don't forget that the federal government established the CMP - Civilian Marksmanship Program.
It seems that back in the "before time", the government saw the value of civilian gun ownership.

Cheers

I know a fella who went to high school here in Brooklyn way back when, and he was on the rifle team.....carried a rifle to school.....government school.

When this was a nation of Americans, not infantilized order-followers.

Cheers

Second amendment.

Case closed.

Cheers
Speaking for myself, I'm not against civilian gun ownership, I would just to be assured that if you are carrying a gun you're not someone with a criminal record, history of violence or mental illness ,AND you know how to use your gun and when to use your gun. That doesn't seem overly restrictive to me.

Democrats/Liberals/Progressives toil day and night toward victory of criminals.

Everyone knows the hundreds and thousands of gun regulations are only obeyed by law abiding citizens.....and useless for the Democrat's constituents, killers and felons.

Take a look at the 'criminality' of CCW permit holders in these representative states, and any honest appraisal would indicate that any who pass the test should immediately be given permits......these folks are our best citizens.......unlike Democrats.

Government should encourage citizens having guns rather than working for the success of criminals.
But then, Democrats would lose serious numbers of votes.

CCW Permit Holders Charged/Convicted
StateYearCrimeCharged or
Convicted
% of Total
Convictions
Out of Total
Violent Crimes
Louisianna2016Any Felony160.0092
2015Any Felony190.012325,208
2014Any Felony150.010923,983
Michigan2016Aggravated Assault170.003
2015Aggravated Assault110.002
2016Violent Crime220.05341,231
2015Violent Crime180.0035242,348
Minnesota2015Any Assault007,094
2014Any Assault00
2013Any Assault00
2012Any Assault00
2011Any Assault00
2010Any Assault00
Oregon2016Any Felony190.0074
Oklahoma2016Any Felony200.0071
2015Any Felony160.006216,506
2014Any Felony150.0069
2013Any Felony150.0078
2012Any Felony10? Unknown due
to no permit data
Tennessee2016Any Assault0
2015Any Assault040,400
2016Any Felony290.0049
2015Any Felony310.0061
Texas2016Aggravated Assault80.00067
2015Aggravated Assault100.001167,727
The percentage of total convictions indicates how many concealed carry permit holders account for the crime compared to the general population. As an example if we look at Texas in 2015 you will see that just 0.0011 of permit holders accounted for the crime of aggravated assault.

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Crime Statistics (updated)
Check out the concealed carry permit holders crime statistics? We can tell you how many CCW permit holders have committed crimes in seven states.
www.gunstocarry.com
www.gunstocarry.com

1. Of course there is the obvious reason.....they're dumb.
These are the same people who elected the genius who now sits in the White House:

Joe Biden asks Jill "Where The Hell Are We?"

Ask any Biden voter to give the policies that caused him to cast his vote for Einstein, and they prove how dumb they are.

2. Which brings me to specific Liberal laws about guns. Gun control.....gun restrictions.....number of bullets in the magazine....where it can be carried....that winner proving that killers can't read: "Gun Free Zones."

Case in point:
Permit holders are extremely law abiding. They would lose their permits for any weapons-related infraction. It doesn’t happen
  1. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
  2. http://www.kansas.com/news/article1103132.html
  3. http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html ( .00086%)

Can you name any other group.....including Biden voters....with a criminality rate of .00086%?????

4. Some good news:
"Washington Appeals Court Unanimously Strikes Down Local Gun-Control Law
Second Amendment activists notch win in fight over state preemption laws
...appeals court struck down an onerous local gun storage ordinance in a victory for Second Amendment activists, who pushed a state law designed to stop strict gun laws from popping up in liberal localities.

5. Just BTW.....anyone notice how many guns Biden et al have surrounding them in Washington, DC?
View attachment 461824

It has been acknowledged that criminals do not obey any gun control laws, statutes, regulations or orders......executive or otherwise.

So any such are clearly aimed at disarming law-abiding American citizens.

Democrats are not the party of Americans.

"White House Confirms Biden Will Sign Executive Order on Gun Control"

Ask yourself why.

"Tucker Carlson drops key stats to debunk Biden’s ‘appalling lie’ on ‘assault weapons’
...Carlson on Friday dismantled President Joe Biden’s arguments that so-called “assault weapons” are responsible for an outsized number of gun homicides in the U.S.

... the Biden administration is actually arguing that police should have a right to seize firearms without warrants, in violation of the Constitution, and without repercussion.... most dangerous of all, Joe Biden has told us, including this week, are something called ‘assault weapons.’ Assault weapons are such a threat, Joe Biden says, he’s not going to wait for the Supreme Court. He wants Congress, which his party controls, to pass a total ban on ‘assault weapons,” ...

“If you go to Joe Biden’s website, you’ll learn that ‘assault weapons’ are responsible for quote, our gun violence epidemic. They’re ‘weapons of war’ and if you can get them off the streets this country will be a much safer place. Well, that’s a total crock. And not only is it a lie, it’s an appalling lie, contradicted completely by actual evidence,” he continued.

Citing 2019 FBI homicide statistics, the most recent year, Carlson said that there were 364 murders involving all types of rifles, not just those referred to by critics as assault weapons.

Meanwhile, roughly 600 people were killed with fists, feet, and hands, while knives and other cutting tools were used in 1,476 homicides."

Only a fool believes anything a Democrat official says......

.....the lie about everything.

"Arkansas State Senate Passes Bill Banning Enforcement of Federal Gun Control Laws
BY JACK PHILLIPS

April 2, 2021 Updated: April 2, 2021

The Arkansas state Senate voted this week to block federal law enforcement officials enforcing certain gun laws and regulations, sending a bill to the state House in the midst of congressional gun-control proposals.
The Senate voted 28-7 to approve the measure, which will then be sent to the House. Arkansas’ Legislature is overwhelmingly Republican.

“All acts, law, orders, rules, and regulations of the United States Government, whether past, present, or future, that infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Arkansas Constitution, Article 2, [Section] 5, are invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, are specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state,” according to the text of the bill.

The measure will prohibit any law enforcement agencies in Arkansas from cooperating with federal officials to enforce federal gun laws that go in conflict with the rights provided in the Arkansas Constitution, according to Arkansas Online. Some state lawmakers expressed a worry that President Joe Biden would ramp up gun-control measures.

“It is more important now than ever that we protect our state rights,” Sen. Trent Garner, a Republican, said of the passage of the bill. “Once [Democrats in the U.S. Senate] get rid of the filibuster, guess what happens next? It is called packing the courts,” he claimed, referring to statements from Democratic lawmakers that the 60-vote legislative be removed in order to pass their agenda items."

That's the federalism this nation was founded on.

1. Of course there is the obvious reason.....they're dumb.
These are the same people who elected the genius who now sits in the White House:

Joe Biden asks Jill "Where The Hell Are We?"

Ask any Biden voter to give the policies that caused him to cast his vote for Einstein, and they prove how dumb they are.

2. Which brings me to specific Liberal laws about guns. Gun control.....gun restrictions.....number of bullets in the magazine....where it can be carried....that winner proving that killers can't read: "Gun Free Zones."

Case in point:
Permit holders are extremely law abiding. They would lose their permits for any weapons-related infraction. It doesn’t happen
  1. Example: “Of the 51,078 permits that have been issued by the state since the law took effect in 2007, 44 permit holders have been charged with a crime while using a firearm through late October, according to records provided by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office.”
  2. http://www.kansas.com/news/article1103132.html
  3. http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/2572467/few-crimes-committed-by-concealed.html ( .00086%)

Can you name any other group.....including Biden voters....with a criminality rate of .00086%?????

4. Some good news:
"Washington Appeals Court Unanimously Strikes Down Local Gun-Control Law
Second Amendment activists notch win in fight over state preemption laws
...appeals court struck down an onerous local gun storage ordinance in a victory for Second Amendment activists, who pushed a state law designed to stop strict gun laws from popping up in liberal localities.

5. Just BTW.....anyone notice how many guns Biden et al have surrounding them in Washington, DC?
View attachment 461824

1617653815366.png

Forum List

Back