Why do the LGBT crowd not support Gary Johnson?

Because the LGBT believe they need rights and the Libertarians are saying already have rights!

A bit of miscommunication here--the ACLU would do well to moderate between the two camps.
And the LGBT refuses to recognize that they in fact have those rights, in favor of going begging to politicians and bureaucrats for privileges....And acting as though all that is righteous and good in America comes from Big Daddy Big Gubmint, is a guiding attitude of the American left.

Turns out that the libertarian message of self reliance and proactively claiming and asserting ones rights doesn't play well, to people who view themselves on the effect end of their lives and expect their rights to be delivered to their doorstep.

The LGBT already has those rights? Really? They can file a federal joint tax return? They can collect Social Security death benefits for the death of their spouse?

That's news to me!

No...I think you want to keep those special privileges just for yourself.

Last edited:
Benefits bestowed from gubmint are privileges, as are the special dispensations obtained from joint tax filing.

You'd be better served questioning why there's a siphon on your paycheck and why it is that married people get a better shake on taxes than single people.

Benefits bestowed from gubmint are privileges, as are the special dispensations obtained from joint tax filing.

You'd be better served questioning why there's a siphon on your paycheck and why it is that married people get a better shake on taxes than single people.

As long as straight people get all kinds of federal cash and prizes for being married, and gay people don't, there is unequal protection of the law. Period.

See what I mean?

You don't question the inherent unfairness of rewarding "correct" behavior and penalizing "incorrect" behavior, by people who are supposed to be our servants, but throw in with getting people you feel sorry for in on the loot.

Just go join the Democrat Party and be done with it.

Because the LGBT believe they need rights and the Libertarians are saying already have rights!

A bit of miscommunication here--the ACLU would do well to moderate between the two camps.
And the LGBT refuses to recognize that they in fact have those rights, in favor of going begging to politicians and bureaucrats for privileges....And acting as though all that is righteous and good in America comes from Big Daddy Big Gubmint, is a guiding attitude of the American left.

Turns out that the libertarian message of self reliance and proactively claiming and asserting ones rights doesn't play well, to people who view themselves on the effect end of their lives and expect their rights to be delivered to their doorstep.

really? the LGBT community can get married in all 50 states?

and such couples have all of the rights and obligations of married couples?

you been smoking early today. :rolleyes:

Because those populating the gay marriage crowd are primarily leftists, before anything else.

They're not interested in liberty and free enterprise, but the goodies that they can get dealt to them from gubmint and other third parties.

as well they should be... they want to win elections and don't think they'd be best represented by people who don't think they are entitled to equal rights and use them as a wedge issue.

... notwithstanding the log cabin republicans who fantasize that they can change the GOP.
Pffft...If you were really interested in equal treatment, you be in favor of getting rid of the special dispensations given to favored groups, rather than trying to get your wedge group in on the goodies.

But you're not...You're most interested by pitting those groups against everyone else for political gain.

what special dispensation?

i'm talking about the over 1,000 rights and obligations that one has the second one says "I do". a gay couple living together for 20 years has fewer rights than someone who got married 10 minutes ago.

so i'm not quite sure what you're referring to.

as well they should be... they want to win elections and don't think they'd be best represented by people who don't think they are entitled to equal rights and use them as a wedge issue.

... notwithstanding the log cabin republicans who fantasize that they can change the GOP.
Pffft...If you were really interested in equal treatment, you be in favor of getting rid of the special dispensations given to favored groups, rather than trying to get your wedge group in on the goodies.

But you're not...You're most interested by pitting those groups against everyone else for political gain.

i'm talking about the over 1,000 rights and obligations that one has the second one says "I do". a gay couple living together for 20 years has fewer rights than someone who got married 10 minutes ago.

No, they have fewer privileges...In fact, they have no more or fewer privileges than a straight couple who have shacked up for 20 years.

Keep swingin'.

No, they have fewer privileges...In fact, they have no more or fewer privileges than a straight couple who have shacked up for 20 years.

Keep swingin'.

^

thinks semantics are important

Well, actually, it seems more like the politicos are trying to legislate away the rights of the LGBT.

Like for instance, marriage. Before these "defining marriage" ammendments came about, there was no law barring two people of the same sex from getting married.

Since there was no law, it was not illegal.

That is the social libertarian view on laws applied to gay marriages.

Special Interest Group LOLberalism. That's why. They think they deserve something more in recognition than simply equal opportunity under the law.

Well, actually, it seems more like the politicos are trying to legislate away the rights of the LGBT.

Like for instance, marriage. Before these "defining marriage" ammendments came about, there was no law barring two people of the same sex from getting married.

The laws barring it are implicit in state licensing...You go begging to the state for privileges, you have no real business getting your panties in a wad when they pick and choose who gets them and who doesn't.

The "social libertarian" view is get the state altogether out of picking and choosing which behaviors will gain their favor and which ones won't.

Keep swingin'.

really? people who are gay are entitled to survivor benefits from social security?
someone gay can go to the hospital as next of kin with the person they've lived with for 20 years?
someone gay is entitled to be covered by their partner's medical insurance?
someone gay is entitled to custody of the child they are jointly raising if something happens to the birth parent?
someone gay is entitled to a tenancy by the entirety when dealing with real property?
someone gay is entitled to their partner's estate if such a person dies intestate?

it would be so nice if you actually did more than whine and do the gubmint sucks thing.

marriage is a fundamental right... Loving v Virginia... so i'd get over it if i were you.

rights don't exist unless you can get those rights enforced.

Keep swingin'.

really? people who are gay are entitled to survivor benefits from social security?
Federal befits are privileges...Straight people can't will their benefits either.
someone gay can go to the hospital as next of kin with the person they've lived with for 20 years?
Power of attorney is still the law of the land
someone gay is entitled to be covered by their partner's medical insurance?
Nobody is entitled to a benefit/privilege extended by a third party, no matter their behavior.
someone gay is entitled to custody of the child they are jointly raising if something happens to the birth parent?
That's what the courts are for.
someone gay is entitled to a tenancy by the entirety when dealing with real property?
Take it to court.
someone gay is entitled to their partner's estate if such a person dies intestate?
Probate laws can be just as fucked up for straight couples, both married and unmarried....Better have a will or trust.

it would be so nice if you actually did more than whine and do the gubmint sucks thing.
It would be so nice if you weren't such a shameles slave and didn't pretend that Big Daddy Big Gubmint is the source of all that is righteous and good in America.

Keep swingin'. :lol:

Obama's stance on marriage equality: leave it to the states
Romney's stance on marriage equality: supports constitutional ban
Johnson's stance on marriage equality: believes it is a civil right for everyone

Just curious.
The same reason that the vast majority of Americans don't support Glibertarians.

Obama's stance on marriage equality: leave it to the states
Romney's stance on marriage equality: supports constitutional ban
Johnson's stance on marriage equality: believes it is a civil right for everyone

Just curious.
The same reason that the vast majority of Americans don't support Glibertarians.

Because they hate liberty and prefer a dictator or authoritarian govt. that runs their lives. They're retards.

Who said anything about militant Ayn Rand?

And yes, I know that is it. I've been watching it for years.

Forum List

Back