Why do the LGBT crowd not support Gary Johnson?

Right...queers should pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to lawyers just to get a fraction of the rights, benefits and privileges associated with legal marriage. That sounds fair. :rolleyes:

Right, single people should pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to lawyers just to get a fraction of the rights, benefits and privileges associated with queer sex. That sounds fair. :rolleyes:

Examples?

Hmm, you're confused how?

Right...queers should pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to lawyers just to get a fraction of the rights, benefits and privileges associated with legal marriage. That sounds fair. :rolleyes:

Right, single people should pay hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to lawyers just to get a fraction of the rights, benefits and privileges associated with queer sex. That sounds fair. :rolleyes:

Really? How so? As Seawytch said....examples?

Obama's stance on marriage equality: leave it to the states
Romney's stance on marriage equality: supports constitutional ban
Johnson's stance on marriage equality: believes it is a civil right for everyone

Just curious.

Link to where Romney says he supports a constitutional ban on gay marriage.

I'll wait.

Um...OK. Any single person. She is advocating that all single people have less rights then gay couples. But only because she's against discrimination.

You are a couple of rocket scientists you are. I mean duh.

Because the LGBT believe they need rights and the Libertarians are saying already have rights!

A bit of miscommunication here--the ACLU would do well to moderate between the two camps.
And the LGBT refuses to recognize that they in fact have those rights, in favor of going begging to politicians and bureaucrats for privileges....And acting as though all that is righteous and good in America comes from Big Daddy Big Gubmint, is a guiding attitude of the American left.

Turns out that the libertarian message of self reliance and proactively claiming and asserting ones rights doesn't play well, to people who view themselves on the effect end of their lives and expect their rights to be delivered to their doorstep.

The LGBT already has those rights? Really? They can file a federal joint tax return? They can collect Social Security death benefits for the death of their spouse?
That's news to me!

No...I think you want to keep those special privileges just for yourself.

Yes they can, after they marry a person of the opposite sex. Like normal people do.

Um...OK. Any single person. She is advocating that all single people have less rights then gay couples. But only because she's against discrimination.

No, you compared "single people" with "queer sex" ... that was your own words. Now. Let's see those examples.

And the LGBT refuses to recognize that they in fact have those rights, in favor of going begging to politicians and bureaucrats for privileges....And acting as though all that is righteous and good in America comes from Big Daddy Big Gubmint, is a guiding attitude of the American left.

Turns out that the libertarian message of self reliance and proactively claiming and asserting ones rights doesn't play well, to people who view themselves on the effect end of their lives and expect their rights to be delivered to their doorstep.

The LGBT already has those rights? Really? They can file a federal joint tax return? They can collect Social Security death benefits for the death of their spouse?
That's news to me!

No...I think you want to keep those special privileges just for yourself.

Yes they can, after they marry a person of the opposite sex. Like normal people do.

Normal people marry those they are not physically attracted to? That explains a lot about the hetero divorce rate. I see.

No, you compared "single people" with "queer sex" ... that was your own words. Now. Let's see those examples.

Actually those were seawytches words. If you read her quote and my reply, it's butt obvious what I meant. I explained it anyway. If you want more debate, I'm in, but you're going to have to make an intelligent point first. Or at least a coherent one.

Actually those were seawytches words. If you read her quote and my reply, it's butt obvious what I meant. I explained it anyway. If you want more debate, I'm in, but you're going to have to make an intelligent point first. Or at least a coherent one.
You have examples for your assertion? I am still waiting for them. Or you can keep deflecting......:eusa_whistle:

Give some specific examples. Why is that so hard?

Legally married gay couples don't even have the same rights as married heterosexual couples...outside the couples that can't even get legally married.

yes, that's it.

all y'all are noble martyrs to the cause.

asshats that think ayn rand is a philosopher are pretty fucking funny :thup:

Not any martyr for any cause...In fact, Rand scoffed at martyrs.

That said, if you aren't willing to show some spine, stand up and assert your rights, then you don't have any rights...Then all you're left with is supplicating to politicians and bureaucrats for some gubmint cheez.

so tell me, noble man, what do you do that falls under the category of standing up and asserting your rights?

this should be interesting

Yeah, in other words you're a bigot for not wanting to do a portrait. That's fine by me, I'd rather be considered a bigot by a third party that can fuck off, than be sued for not doing something based on a personal choice. Anyone should have every right to reject interaction peacefully with anyone for any reason.

Hell, I think jillian is a fucking retard, so there is no way I would want her legal services.

And thanks for makign the real point here with the special interest LOLberal group. They want the benefits the govt. grants those who get married, not really the marriage part itself. That's why the govt. should get out of the marriage business altogether and leave it to the church. No perks, no inequality in perks based on rights perceptions.
The thing is that this is such fertile ground for any lawyer willing to do the groundwork and salesmanship requisite to sell the idea of not sitting around waiting for The Man to give them their "rights", and put together an affordable package of contracts, trusts and simple powers of attorney that would give GLBT couples most of the rights and legal protections that they claim to want.

But lolberals are nothing if not famous for their laziness -both intellectual and physical- cheapness and generally shitty sales skills.

are you a mind reader now, luca?

why should a gay couple have to enter into numerous legal gymnastics that a straight couple gets by buying a license and saying i do? 'splain that please.

i know, i know, get the *gubmint* out of the marriage business.

:lmao:

obvious hypocrite is predictable

Yeah, in other words you're a bigot for not wanting to do a portrait. That's fine by me, I'd rather be considered a bigot by a third party that can fuck off, than be sued for not doing something based on a personal choice. Anyone should have every right to reject interaction peacefully with anyone for any reason.

Hell, I think jillian is a fucking retard, so there is no way I would want her legal services.

And thanks for makign the real point here with the special interest LOLberal group. They want the benefits the govt. grants those who get married, not really the marriage part itself. That's why the govt. should get out of the marriage business altogether and leave it to the church. No perks, no inequality in perks based on rights perceptions.
The thing is that this is such fertile ground for any lawyer willing to do the groundwork and salesmanship requisite to sell the idea of not sitting around waiting for The Man to give them their "rights", and put together an affordable package of contracts, trusts and simple powers of attorney that would give GLBT couples most of the rights and legal protections that they claim to want.

But lolberals are nothing if not famous for their laziness -both intellectual and physical- cheapness and generally shitty sales skills.

why should a gay couple have to enter into numerous legal gymnastics that a straight couple gets by buying a license and saying i do? 'splain that please.

I don't need to be. It's all over this thread. They want the benefits and perks the govt. grants those who turn their relationships over to the state by getting a license and filing the legal work.

And they shouldn't. Which is why the government has no business making such decisions or providing incentives or perks. There is nothing hypocritical about it from my end.

If you knew, you wouldn't be asking, genius.

Obama's stance on marriage equality: leave it to the states
Romney's stance on marriage equality: supports constitutional ban
Johnson's stance on marriage equality: believes it is a civil right for everyone

Just curious.

Link to where Romney says he supports a constitutional ban on gay marriage.

I'll wait.

There’s been an assault on marriage. I think he is very aggressively trying to pave the path to same-sex marriage. I would unlike this president defend the Defense of Marriage Act. I would also propose and promote once again an amendment to the constitution to define marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman.

Romney Blasts Obama's 'Assaults' on 'Life', 'Religion' and 'Marriage' | Right Wing Watch

Romney: Money’s no object in Prez election - BostonHerald.com

here you go, peckerwood, better get more ammo :lol:

I don't need to be. It's all over this thread. They want the benefits and perks the govt. grants those who turn their relationships over to the state by getting a license and filing the legal work.

And they shouldn't. Which is why the government has no business making such decisions or providing incentives or perks. There is nothing hypocritical about it from my end.

If you knew, you wouldn't be asking, genius.

so i assume that you have never been legally married nor taken any of the benefits?

yes, that's it.

all y'all are noble martyrs to the cause.

asshats that think ayn rand is a philosopher are pretty fucking funny :thup:

as a political philosopher, rand was a decent novelist.

who, of course, lived off of social security when the time came.

just sayin

that's different and not hypocritical in the least.

It's not hypocritical, genius. I'm against paying federal income tax, yet I'll take whatever return is mine. You pay in, you take what you can get. Regardless. Now, if they want to make it optional and someone still participates, then you can claim hypocrite.

This is where I disagree with Johnson...I say government doesn't need to be in marriage AT ALL...its a contract between people...the government needs no say so in it.

Forum List

Back