Why do so many people deny climate change

ANyone who believes there won't be less money in their pockets is an economic ignoramus. The IPCC is proposing $73 trillion in taxes. How is that not going to reduce the money in my pocket? Wind and solar cost many multiples of what coal fired power plants can produce electricity at. How is that not going to reduce the money in my pocket? Since the year 2000 the price of electicity in German has doubled. 200,000 people had their power cut off because they couldn't afford to pay their power bill. You have to be an idiot to believe that the schemes of the AGW cult will not reduce your standard of living.

So you recommend sticking to FF to the last molecule and paying whatever it costs for the AGW consequences.

Then what?
OMG! What will we do for light, once all the whale oil runs out?

Bullshit I guess. Got a load of that from the "alternative" folks..

Hydrogen for transport (made with OFF GRID renewables) AND
Nuclear for electricity.. Small scale buried reactors..........

Problems solved.. No pollution, no phoney global warming hysteria.. We can all focus on the goo, slime, and sludge problems.. And what to do with all those ugly useless wind mills.

Here is the real dollar price of gasoline from 1990 to 2013

Why did the price go down to 1995 level in 2009. Are you saying that it suddenly got that much cheaper to make gasoline?

Price is a function of supply AND demand, not just supply. Although price can fluctuate greatly over the short term as a result of speculation or market conditions, over the long run price converges on the marginal cost of production.

The reason the price of gas went down in 2009 was the fact that we had a world wide recession. That means consumers curtained their consumption of gasoline - a reduction in demand.

Try reading a book on economics.

I have an MBA and studies graduate economics.

Let me know when you want to discuss reality, instead of assuming that the world works according to ideal models.

Bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why did the price go down to 1995 level in 2009. Are you saying that it suddenly got that much cheaper to make gasoline?

Price is a function of supply AND demand, not just supply. Although price can fluctuate greatly over the short term as a result of speculation or market conditions, over the long run price converges on the marginal cost of production.

The reason the price of gas went down in 2009 was the fact that we had a world wide recession. That means consumers curtained their consumption of gasoline - a reduction in demand.

Let me know when you want to discuss reality, instead of assuming that the world works according to ideal models.

You obviously have a degree in bullshit. Do you know what the laws of supply and demand are? When did they get repealed?

ANyone who believes there won't be less money in their pockets is an economic ignoramus. The IPCC is proposing $73 trillion in taxes. How is that not going to reduce the money in my pocket? Wind and solar cost many multiples of what coal fired power plants can produce electricity at. How is that not going to reduce the money in my pocket? Since the year 2000 the price of electicity in German has doubled. 200,000 people had their power cut off because they couldn't afford to pay their power bill. You have to be an idiot to believe that the schemes of the AGW cult will not reduce your standard of living.

So you recommend sticking to FF to the last molecule and paying whatever it costs for the AGW consequences.

Then what?

I think that that answer qualifies as a no fucking idea to the question of what's next.

Then what?

Bullshit I guess. Got a load of that from the "alternative" folks..

Hydrogen for transport (made with OFF GRID renewables) AND
Nuclear for electricity.. Small scale buried reactors..........

Problems solved.. No pollution, no phoney global warming hysteria.. We can all focus on the goo, slime, and sludge problems.. And what to do with all those ugly useless wind mills.

That would solve the problems that doing nothing would create. However, is it the cheapest, least risk, least problematic?

Maybe, but I personally doubt it.

They only want one thing. To be right for once.

You obviously have a degree in bullshit. Do you know what the laws of supply and demand are? When did they get repealed?

They didn't. But many factors drive both demand and supply.

Then what?

I think that that answer qualifies as a no fucking idea to the question of what's next.

Seeing as your answer is, the government will throw trillions at a solution, never mind if it doesn't work.......I prefer mine.

Then what?

You obviously don't get it. Politicians are not going to decide what replaces fossil fuels. Some guy tinkering away in his garage or some small company led by a guy with big ideas is going to come up with it. No one knows who that is at the moment. If government gets too powerful and interferes too much in the market, it will never happen.

They way big problems get solved is by millions of individuals using their brains to solve their own problems. Government "solutions" only lead to more government and less prosperity for everyone.

Seeing as your answer is, the government will throw trillions at a solution, never mind if it doesn't work.......I prefer mine.

You don't have a solution. You don't even recognize that there's a problem. That makes you and other denialists totally useless.

Of what relevance is that? The claim that corporations can set whatever price they want is obvious bullshit. If that was the case, then why would the price of oil ever go down? Ifitzme asked why the price declined in 2009. His theories can't explain it.

You don't have a solution. You don't even recognize that there's a problem. That makes you and other denialists totally useless.

Putting a stop to the schemes of government toadies like you and ifitzme is very useful.

Obviously denialists have been instructed that business is flawless, government incompetent. By who? Business of course. Through the GOP.

Of what relevance is that? The claim that corporations can set whatever price they want is obvious bullshit. If that was the case, then why would the price of oil ever go down? Ifitzme asked why the price declined in 2009. His theories can't explain it.

Oil prices will be determined by what alternative to oil is available. That’s why big oil has directed their minions to deny reality. It's good for the oil business. The minions don't think. The do what they're told.

You obviously don't get it. Politicians are not going to decide what replaces fossil fuels. Some guy tinkering away in his garage or some small company led by a guy with big ideas is going to come up with it. No one knows who that is at the moment. If government gets too powerful and interferes too much in the market, it will never happen.

They way big problems get solved is by millions of individuals using their brains to solve their own problems. Government "solutions" only lead to more government and less prosperity for everyone.

The guy in his garage better get his ass in gear. The clock is ticking.

The government has many solutions to problems. So does business. After all both are run by liberals and that's what liberals so. Solve problems.

If the problem is an eventual exhaustion of fossil fuels, the market will find the solution.

The only thing that will get in the way of that solution will be assclowns like you, using big government to waste trillions and put up roadblocks to the real solution.

The guy in his garage better get his ass in gear. The clock is ticking.

The government has many solutions to problems. So does business. After all both are run by liberals and that's what liberals so. Solve problems.

Yes, Obama and Solyndra solved a problem, how to give hundreds of millions of taxpayer funds to an Obama supporter.

Time to put the troll to bed.. He's got a busy day tomorrow fixing all those problems..
"That's what Liberals do" ?????????????????????????????????

Maybe --- I'm a Liberal.. Not the kind of Liberal that PMZ would recognize. THE REAL kind of Liberal that has an inherent distrust of government power and reach.. And a huge faith in INDIVIDUAL initiative and responsibilities. The trolls have inbred any kind of self-preservation RIGHT out of their offspring...

REALLY Man.. DOn't feed this troll anymore.. He's exploding out of his jump suit like O.J.

:eek:

Oil prices will be determined by what alternative to oil is available. That’s why big oil has directed their minions to deny reality. It's good for the oil business. The minions don't think. The do what they're told.

The price of oil is determined by the laws of supply and demand, just like the price of every other commodity. Contrary to your paranoid delusions, opposition to your schemes to save humanity isn't driven by some diabolical conspiracy instigated by the oil companies. I'm not a "minion" of the oil companies. If I was, then where's the my check?

Forum List

Back