Why do Republicans say Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party?

I agree with trittico that mere childishness and desire to insult and slander is behind this and many other simple “name-calling” games MAGA loves to play. Everybody who opposes Trump Republican rule (even Repubs) suffers from such attacks, being called RINOs etc. Of course it gets worse: “Demonrat” and “Satanic Communists” are how they refer to opponents in some parts of the country. The slogan to “Outlaw the Democrat Party” is another example of extreme, fascist rhetoric.

But of course ours is not a “fully democratic society,” and under capitalism or any system to be frank that is hardly even conceivable. But one of our biggest political problems arises from the “winner-take-all” election system we have had for far too long for our elected officials, which combined wIth geographical and rural/urban divides, racial issues and our two party monopoly creates conditions for political extremists to arise and take power in Congress and demagogues & con men to reach for power even in the White House.

Our supposedly “democratic (or representative) election system” often elects officials who only need to win a plurality of their own party in majoriy Blue or majority Red states — this is not a “majority rule” or truly representative system at all.

See Www.FairVote.org

Last edited:
The fact that R's so consistently say Democrat instead of Democratic has always fascinated me.

Is there a Republican rule book that gets handed out once you get elected? Do they get threatened with fines if they say Democratic?

When that North Carolina Democrat defected to the R's earlier this year, she immediately started saying Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party. It was kind of hilarious.

I'm guessing that only some of them realize that it's an insult. That's being charitable. They're mostly too stupid too realize that when they say it they sound like illiterate morons. But I guess some of them think they're being clever, since their only purpose in life, besides protecting the wealthy, is to annoy Democrats.

Anyway, if you need any proof that the party is a cult, you can start with this behavior.

It’s morphed into the People’s Fascist Party, democrat for short

this is not very hard. The official name of the party is "The Democratic Party". Calling them by that name is just a case of common courtesy. Calling them anything else is just childishness and/or stupidity.
You've had this explained to you repeatedly, so I can only assume you're trolling, incredibly incompetent, or both.
Also, if they're not a "democratic party", then why even use the word democrat to describe them?
Incompetent it is then.
you people make no sense.
We independents who despise both major criminal parties?

To brainwashed party dupes like yourself, I can understand why you'd parrot the garbage you do, and see no sense in sense.

The difference between you and a J6er?

They had the balls to show up and make fools of themselves & destroy shit in person.

You're as cowardly as you are brainwashed and incompetent.

:)

The fact that R's so consistently say Democrat instead of Democratic has always fascinated me.

Is there a Republican rule book that gets handed out once you get elected? Do they get threatened with fines if they say Democratic?

When that North Carolina Democrat defected to the R's earlier this year, she immediately started saying Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party. It was kind of hilarious.

I'm guessing that only some of them realize that it's an insult. That's being charitable. They're mostly too stupid too realize that when they say it they sound like illiterate morons. But I guess some of them think they're being clever, since their only purpose in life, besides protecting the wealthy, is to annoy Democrats.

Anyway, if you need any proof that the party is a cult, you can start with this behavior.

Because fuck you, thats why.

You don't really seem to understand the issue here.

Also, how has the party become the antithesis of democratic anyway? What does that even mean? Many posters have claimed this and not one has explained why.
I understand the issue perfectly and my response was complete and succinct.
The democrat party is about top-down control, the antithesis of democratic.
Their constituents comply like sheep.

Let's make this real simple. The official Democratic Party's home page is known as democrats.org.

What We Do​

The DNC is dedicated to building on our wins from 2020 and 2022. We’re working hard to elect Democrats up and down the ballot by empowering grassroots activists, mobilizing voters, and organizing in every ZIP code. Learn more.

Biden-Harris Democrats​

President Biden is working to build a better America by investing in the middle class and bringing down costs for working families. Together, we’ll build our economy from the bottom up and the middle out.

Donate to Help Elect Democrats​

The DNC is the only party committee responsible for electing Democrats at every level nationwide. Your support will invest in on-the-ground organizing, voter protection efforts, and more

Store​

Every purchase at the official Democrats store helps elect Democrats across the country. Shop our best-selling Democrats apparel, limited-time collections, and accessories.

All of those copy and paste come from the main page of democrats.com. So trittico, if the democratic party refers to themselves as democrats, then how are you so shocked that republicans call them democrats?

DemoKKKrat party is much more historically accurate.

I don't have time to read all comments

this may have already been said?

But the reason is very simple:

the dims are NOT democratic

despite the lies they tell that indicate something else

Let's make this real simple. The official Democratic Party's home page is known as democrats.org.

What We Do​

The DNC is dedicated to building on our wins from 2020 and 2022. We’re working hard to elect Democrats up and down the ballot by empowering grassroots activists, mobilizing voters, and organizing in every ZIP code. Learn more.

Biden-Harris Democrats​

President Biden is working to build a better America by investing in the middle class and bringing down costs for working families. Together, we’ll build our economy from the bottom up and the middle out.

The DNC is the only party committee responsible for electing Democrats at every level nationwide. Your support will invest in on-the-ground organizing, voter protection efforts, and more

Store​

Every purchase at the official Democrats store helps elect Democrats across the country. Shop our best-selling Democrats apparel, limited-time collections, and accessories.

All of those copy and paste come from the main page of democrats.com. So trittico, if the democratic party refers to themselves as democrats, then how are you so shocked that republicans call them democrats?
I hate to say this but your comment is at the level of a Howdy Doody “peanut gallery” comment. You seem to have misunderstood everything … about basic language grammar and about the larger issues being discussed as well.
The peanut gallery became associated with children through the popular children's television program The Howdy Doody Show, which included the Peanut Gallery, bleachers full of [white] children who sang along with the cowboy puppet's songs throughout the show.
So the peanut gallery is at worst a rude bunch of peanut-throwing hecklers and at best a gaggle of scream-singing children.

But I suppose your pen-name seems to some people to be … rather humble and cute.

I hate to say this but your comment is at the level of a Howdy Doody “peanut gallery” comment. You seem to have misunderstood everything … about basic language grammar and about the larger issues being discussed as well.

But I suppose your pen-name seems to some people to be … rather humble and cute.
I hate to say it, but you're trying way too hard to act like you're the "smartest person in the room" when you really aren't. I directly addressed the OP's comment. I mean a person of average IQ would get the point, but somehow, you don't. So, then "real man of genius", enlighten the readers here what the correct understanding of the OP is. Perhaps, instead of trying to be condensing, maybe you should ask someone to explain to you what I actually posted.

I agree with trittico that mere childishness and desire to insult and slander is behind this and many other simple “name-calling” games MAGA loves to play. Everybody who opposes Trump Republican rule (even Repubs) suffers from such attacks, being called RINOs etc. Of course it gets worse: “Demonrat” and “Satanic Communists” are how they refer to opponents in some parts of the country. The slogan to “Outlaw the Democrat Party” is another example of extreme, fascist rhetoric.

But of course ours is not a “fully democratic society,” and under capitalism or any system to be frank that is hardly even conceivable. But one of our biggest political problems arises from the “winner-take-all” election system we have had for far too long for our elected officials, which combined wIth geographical and rural/urban divides, racial issues and our two party monopoly creates conditions for political extremists to arise and take power in Congress and demagogues & con men to reach for power even in the White House.

Our supposedly “democratic (or representative) election system” often elects officials who only need to win a plurality of their own party in majoriy Blue or majority Red states — this is not a “majority rule” or truly representative system at all.

See Www.FairVote.org

I would never call the Demonicrats the Demonrats. Neat how you group anti-Democrackeds with Trump and fascism. I think leftists believe we need Trump to point out how Democracked the Demonicrats are. We really don't.

I mean a person of average IQ would get the point, but somehow, you don't. So … enlighten the readers here what the correct understanding of the OP is. Perhaps, instead of trying to be condensing [you evidently mean condescending], maybe you should ask someone to explain to you what I actually posted.
Not interested in wasting time trying to “enlighten” you. Even less interested in trying to expand — or “condense” — your views about language, etiquette, or politics in general. My points have all been already made here. You are welcome to read them if you wish.

Last edited:

What We Do​

Biden-Harris Democrats​

Store​

This is so dumb as to be almost impossible to respond to. But I'll try.

The people in the party are Democrats. Democrats is a noun. It is perfectly ok to use the word Democrat when referring to a member of the party.

The name of the party is The Democratic Party. Democratic is an adjective.

When you substitute Democrat for Democratic you are making a grammatical error, indicating that perhaps you're illiterate.

I don't have time to read all comments

this may have already been said?

But the reason is very simple:

the dims are NOT democratic

despite the lies they tell that indicate something else

But it's OK to still refer them as "Democrat"? You realize that makes no sense, right?

And as I asked earlier, you people keep on saying the party is not democratic, but you don't say how or why. Perhaps because you're just mindlessly repeating a talking point.

I understand the issue perfectly and my response was complete and succinct.
The democrat party is about top-down control, the antithesis of democratic.
Their constituents comply like sheep.
Yeah, so what kinds of top-down control are you talking about?

And yet again I have to ask - if Democrats are not behaving in a democratic manner, why do you still call them The Democrat Party. Though it's grammatically incorrect, it's still saying the party is democratic.

I assume you can't tell your ass from your elbow either.

This is so dumb as to be almost impossible to respond to. But I'll try.

The people in the party are Democrats. Democrats is a noun. It is perfectly ok to use the word Democrat when referring to a member of the party.

The name of the party is The Democratic Party. Democratic is an adjective.

When you substitute Democrat for Democratic you are making a grammatical error, indicating that perhaps you're illiterate.
You’re missing the point.
Objective Americans realize that the democrat party is anything but democratic so calling it the Democratic Party would be a misnomer. Instead we call it the democrat party because it is not democratic.

Yeah, so what kinds of top-down control are you talking about?

And yet again I have to ask - if Democrats are not behaving in a democratic manner, why do you still call them The Democrat Party. Though it's grammatically incorrect, it's still saying the party is democratic.

I assume you can't tell your ass from your elbow either.
It’s democrat party in name only.
It makes more sense to call them demmunist as I do.
Democrats champion censorship, restrict energy supply, dictate behavior and apply quotas, etc. These are all top-down coercions, antithetical to democracy.

Forum List

Back