Why do Republicans say Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party?

The fact that R's so consistently say Democrat instead of Democratic has always fascinated me.

Is there a Republican rule book that gets handed out once you get elected? Do they get threatened with fines if they say Democratic?

When that North Carolina Democrat defected to the R's earlier this year, she immediately started saying Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party. It was kind of hilarious.

I'm guessing that only some of them realize that it's an insult. That's being charitable. They're mostly too stupid too realize that when they say it they sound like illiterate morons. But I guess some of them think they're being clever, since their only purpose in life, besides protecting the wealthy, is to annoy Democrats.

Anyway, if you need any proof that the party is a cult, you can start with this behavior.

Simple ignorance and malignant stupidity.

Apart from the electoral college for presidential elections, and the peculiarities of the Senate, are you claiming that the U.S. does not run by majority rule?

Maybe you have a linguistic barrier and are taking majority rule to mean something different from what I'm saying, despite my usual sagacious clarity. I will try again.
  • Hillary got about 2.6 million more votes than Trump in 2016, as I recall. Did she win? No, because the popular vote does not count. Once you win a region by exceeding the majority threshold, you've won that region and cannot win it any more. That prevents one region, state, city, etc., from monopolizing the vote at the expense of others so that all regions of the country have a say in their national elections. This is a basic tenant of the function and role of the Electoral College, so, there was no pure 'majority/mob' rule.
  • The majority may want to put a park where your house is or get you to do (or not do) something to your property or to the appearance, etc. of your house, but you usually also have rights by law as well. If the law conflicts with the desires of another group, though you may only be one and they be the majority, the law protects you and does not give the majority their autocratic way, or absolute authority in the decision. This is why groups who want to do things or get things done often sometimes must first CHANGE the law to get around this obstacle, because in the final analysis, America is based on The Rule of Law, and not the rule of the majority.
These are just hypotheticals for the point of examples here, but I hope they make my point clearer. If you still cannot or refuse to understand and want to try to call my factual statements "dumb," then I don't know what else to say other than the fact that it is a shame that our educational system is so poor that a person can grow to an adult age and still not understand these fundamental things and yet still be arrogant enough to think that the other person is just "dumb."

There is no "democratic" party, and America is not a democracy even though we incorporate many "democratic" principles. Sometimes people use the term "democratic republic." In fact, I doubt there are any pure democracies in the world, other than transitory on their way to all becoming oligarchies.

Indeed, even America may be on the way to losing its republic and becoming more of a (more or less) benign oligarchy.

The fact that R's so consistently say Democrat instead of Democratic has always fascinated me.

Is there a Republican rule book that gets handed out once you get elected? Do they get threatened with fines if they say Democratic?

When that North Carolina Democrat defected to the R's earlier this year, she immediately started saying Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party. It was kind of hilarious.

I'm guessing that only some of them realize that it's an insult. That's being charitable. They're mostly too stupid too realize that when they say it they sound like illiterate morons. But I guess some of them think they're being clever, since their only purpose in life, besides protecting the wealthy, is to annoy Democrats.

Anyway, if you need any proof that the party is a cult, you can start with this behavior.

Ah, you caught us! A bit of Tom Foolery here. Passive-aggressive behavior. We know it annoys you so who can pass on twisting Democrats' tails occasionally?

It changed before the turn of the last century.

Thanks for proving that it is still effective at getting under the skin of Democrats.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-animated-gif-6-Th.gif

The Republicans are also Democratic. Democratic describes something, it is not an entity.

You're right. We should be saying the Fascist party

You're not this incompetent are you?

Or are you just trolling?

It's not a democratic party, so those who recognize this obvious fact refer to it as the Democrat Party.

It's the Democrat Party as far as I am concerned because there is nothing democratic about liberals.

Maybe you have a linguistic barrier and are taking majority rule to mean something different from what I'm saying, despite my usual sagacious clarity. I will try again.
  • Hillary got about 2.6 million more votes than Trump in 2016, as I recall. Did she win? No, because the popular vote does not count. Once you win a region by exceeding the majority threshold, you've won that region and cannot win it any more. That prevents one region, state, city, etc., from monopolizing the vote at the expense of others so that all regions of the country have a say in their national elections. This is a basic tenant of the function and role of the Electoral College, so, there was no pure 'majority/mob' rule.
  • The majority may want to put a park where your house is or get you to do (or not do) something to your property or to the appearance, etc. of your house, but you usually also have rights by law as well. If the law conflicts with the desires of another group, though you may only be one and they be the majority, the law protects you and does not give the majority their autocratic way, or absolute authority in the decision. This is why groups who want to do things or get things done often sometimes must first CHANGE the law to get around this obstacle, because in the final analysis, America is based on The Rule of Law, and not the rule of the majority.
These are just hypotheticals for the point of examples here, but I hope they make my point clearer. If you still cannot or refuse to understand and want to try to call my factual statements "dumb," then I don't know what else to say other than the fact that it is a shame that our educational system is so poor that a person can grow to an adult age and still not understand these fundamental things and yet still be arrogant enough to think that the other person is just "dumb."

There is no "democratic" party, and America is not a democracy even though we incorporate many "democratic" principles. Sometimes people use the term "democratic republic." In fact, I doubt there are any pure democracies in the world, other than transitory on their way to all becoming oligarchies.

Indeed, even America may be on the way to losing its republic and becoming more of a (more or less) benign oligarchy.

I've already mentioned the electoral college as an exception, so why you're using it to try and make your point is puzzling.

how are other elections in our country decided? "majority rule" is the answer you're looking for

laws are established by the votes of a majority, aren't they? is that not majority rule?

there is a "Democratic Party"

no one is claiming, or has claimed, that we are a pure democracy, so you're just strawmanning with that.

your argument, such as it is, is pretty ridiculous.

You're not this incompetent are you?

Or are you just trolling?

It's not a democratic party, so those who recognize this obvious fact refer to it as the Democrat Party.
this is not very hard. The official name of the party is "The Democratic Party". Calling them by that name is just a case of common courtesy. Calling them anything else is just childishness and/or stupidity.

Also, if they're not a "democratic party", then why even use the word democrat to describe them?

you people make no sense.

Democratic Party is a misnomer because the democrat party has become the antithesis of democratic.
And it’s not just republicans who realize this.
You don't really seem to understand the issue here.

Also, how has the party become the antithesis of democratic anyway? What does that even mean? Many posters have claimed this and not one has explained why.

The Republicans are also Democratic. Democratic describes something, it is not an entity.
I'll go slow here.

When you say "The Republican Party", the word republican is serving as an adjective. The word republican can be both a noun and an adjective. So, one can say "I'm a Republican and a member of The Republican Party"

When you say "The Democratic Party", the word democratic is serving as an adjective. However, the noun form of that word is democrat. So you would say "I'm a Democrat and a member of The Democratic Party".

Do you get it now?

Of course you don't.

how are other elections in our country decided? "majority rule" is the answer you're looking for
laws are established by the votes of a majority, aren't they? is that not majority rule?
Just because states run elections usually based on who gets the most votes does not make our system of /government/ a democracy. Did you not read the link I attached? How else would you hold an election--- by who gets the LEAST votes?

your argument, such as it is, is pretty ridiculous.
What is "ridiculous" about the fact that you are wrong and that the nation was created as a REPUBLIC?
How is it possible that you are still so THICK that you fail to understand the difference between a government based on the rule of law (a republic) and a democracy (based on mob rule?)

Forum List

Back