Why do Republicans admire Putin?

It was on this board? Why then, it must be true!:eusa_wall:
I didn't say it had to be true. You asked for one, I told you where one was. Go look for yourself.
The assertions are so ludicrous, the source is so illegitimate, the contention is so ridiculous that I, for one, would never cite such crap therefore I can easily dismiss it as such. I wonder why you think there's something there? Pip, or intellectual incuriosity?

It is a surreal thing to see the Republican candidate for the President of the United States praising Putin, but that's where we are. And people love Trump for it.

It is a surreal thing to see the Republican candidate for the President of the United States praising Putin, but that's where we are. And people love Trump for it.
Barry has set the bar so very low for leadership... That's for sure.
Lol

The assertions are so ludicrous, the source is so illegitimate, the contention is so ridiculous that I, for one, would never cite such crap therefore I can easily dismiss it as such. I wonder why you think there's something there? Pip, or intellectual incuriosity?
You haven't even bothered to look for any reference or the thread that contained this. In your laziness and your ignorance you find it easy to ignore, not having seen any of it. Believe what you want - it's a free country. have a great weekend.

Again, there is a huge difference between acknowledging something and praising Putin. Admitting that he acknowledged something, however, does not push their false agenda / story.

So you are claiming that Obama's actions, policies, etc have been superior to Putin's? That Obama / Hillary have gotten the better of Putin instead of the other way around?

When was Trump "praising Putin"? It's just another desperate political spin from you, liberals. Sometimes I (a foreigner!) wonder if you liberals know your own English language.

Trump said he would negotiate with Putin. What's wrong about the word "to negotiate"?

Also Trump said he would fight ISIS with Putin. What's wrong with fighting ISIS together?

Hillary and her bosses are scared of Trump. Trump wants to make America great again and Hillary will make ISIS great again. Feel the difference. I swear, liberals are just a bunch of brainwashed idiots, they can't even differ sh*t from shinola.

upload_2016-9-9_11-35-49-png.88836

And let's not forget: American astronauts keep using Russian spaceships to get to the International Space Station and back under Obama presidency. How about that?

Over the last 8 years your ass crack king obama has caused more harm to this country than Puntin has.

Except our economy is now way better off and we are more popular in the world.

BUT GOWD DAMMIT DAT BAMA JUST DON'T LIKE MERICA ENOUGH!

7 Remarkable Stories Of Vladimir Putin Being One Of The World's Most Brutal Thugs
----------------------
It's not just the big things, which I will mention, it's also the little things.
Remember when Putin stole a SuperBowl Ring? Here's the story from the victim:
------------------------
Here's how Kraft described the incident to the New York Post:

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’ ” Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall’s Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria.“I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

So to prevent an international incident, this is how it was spun:

In June 2005, while hosting a group of American businessmen in St Petersburg, Putin pocketed the 124-diamond Super Bowl ring of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft. He had asked to see it, tried it on, allegedly said, ''I could kill someone with this'', then stuck it in his pocket and left the room abruptly. After a flurry of articles in the US press, Kraft announced a few days later that the ring had been a gift - preventing an uncomfortable situation from spiraling out of control.
------------------------------
Putin is evil. From little things to much bigger things. He has committed so many crimes over so many years, it's impossible to name even a small portion.
-----------------------------
At the beginning of his presidency, Putin gained support for his tough response to a series of devastating bombings on apartment buildings in Russia reportedly by terrorists in Chechnya and Dagestan. However, there's been a long-running, and somewhat credible, rumor that the FSB (the successor agency to the KGB) engineered the bombings as a "false flag" to garner support for Putin and a new war in Chechnya.

In the 1980s, during his time as a KGB agent in East Germany, German intelligence reports described him as a"philanderer and a wife-beater."

Why the Weapon Used to Destroy Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 Nearly Guarantees Putin’s Guilt

Does Vladimir Putin kill journalists?

Dozens of journalists murdered since Putin became "king".

Russia is a dangerous place for wealthy businessmen. Seems they keep dying and leaving their money to Putin. It's estimated he's somehow grown a fortune of 70 billion dollars.
I think in Trump's world, it's not how Putin got it, it's that he got it. A philosophy shared by most Republicans. It's why they don't mind Trump stiffing his employees and hiring illegals.

---------------------

If anyone wants to add anything, feel free.

No nit Witt Republicans don't admire Putin,its just simplton bullshit pushed by idiots like yourself.As much as you yammer on about him,one wonders how you feel about him.
Good lord! Republicans do not admire Putin? Did you not bother to read the posts in this thread? There were multiple Republicans stating how much more they admired Putin than our President. Not only that, they were praising him for the harsh measures he has taken against his own people.

Would Americans rather have a macho guy who takes charge rather than a puss who won't get off the golf course? Sure...but it doesn't mean they admire Putin and would rather have him as our 'tyrant' instead of Barry. :p

Had Barry been listening he would have heard Putin forecasting his intentions for Crimea, Syria, etc.

:laugh: This from people that support I-heart-Putin-hate-NATO Trump???

NOT FN CREDIBLE.

But even such ridiculous hypocrisy aside, what exactly should have Obama done that he didn't? Send American troops down there and start a new cold war at very least?

Last edited:
Contemporary American Conservatives, the AltRight and the childish love the images of Putin. Shirtless, wresting a bear, riding a horse like something from the cover of a cheap romance novel, performing judo and generally looking hyper-macho like a professional wrestler or a character from a Sylvester Stallone movie.

Low brow intellects are suckers for low brow culture.

They heap scorn on Sec. Clinton, claiming debilitating illness, coughing jags, or even hearing aids. Physical infirmities spell weakness to the contemporary American Conservative.

Imagine the brilliance of Franklin Roosevelt squandered because he did not fit the narrative of a vigorous leader. Imagine the outrage piled on John Kennedy had his Addison's disease been disclosed.

These new wave Conservative comic book fans leaves little room for intellectual ability compared to testosterone laden imagery. Their priorities are informed by cinema rather than reality.

If they were forced to live under Putin's brutal authoritarian dictatorship, would they start to behave like traditional Conservatives again? Wailing and weeping about the loss of individual freedoms? Or would they embrace their strongman leader as they embrace a Dirty Harry movie? Would that paradigm then influence their politics?

Probably.

Because there is a palpable strain of "me first" political attitude on this planet today. The ethics of the ignorant has come home to trump the ethics of civility.

Since President Obama took office in the midst of a global recession that was rapidly headed for the Second Great Republican Depression, the US has had a better recovery from that debacle than any other nation in the world. In the meantime, Putin's actions on the international scene have led to sanctions that are hurting Russia and Russians. Yet our 'Conservatives' support this dictators actions, and their candidate for President goes out of his way to praise him, disparage our own nation. What a bunch of 'patriots' these 'Conservatives' are not.

7 Remarkable Stories Of Vladimir Putin Being One Of The World's Most Brutal Thugs
----------------------
It's not just the big things, which I will mention, it's also the little things.
Remember when Putin stole a SuperBowl Ring? Here's the story from the victim:
------------------------
Here's how Kraft described the incident to the New York Post:

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’ ” Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall’s Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria.“I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

So to prevent an international incident, this is how it was spun:

In June 2005, while hosting a group of American businessmen in St Petersburg, Putin pocketed the 124-diamond Super Bowl ring of New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft. He had asked to see it, tried it on, allegedly said, ''I could kill someone with this'', then stuck it in his pocket and left the room abruptly. After a flurry of articles in the US press, Kraft announced a few days later that the ring had been a gift - preventing an uncomfortable situation from spiraling out of control.
------------------------------
Putin is evil. From little things to much bigger things. He has committed so many crimes over so many years, it's impossible to name even a small portion.
-----------------------------
At the beginning of his presidency, Putin gained support for his tough response to a series of devastating bombings on apartment buildings in Russia reportedly by terrorists in Chechnya and Dagestan. However, there's been a long-running, and somewhat credible, rumor that the FSB (the successor agency to the KGB) engineered the bombings as a "false flag" to garner support for Putin and a new war in Chechnya.

In the 1980s, during his time as a KGB agent in East Germany, German intelligence reports described him as a"philanderer and a wife-beater."

Why the Weapon Used to Destroy Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 Nearly Guarantees Putin’s Guilt

Does Vladimir Putin kill journalists?

Dozens of journalists murdered since Putin became "king".

Russia is a dangerous place for wealthy businessmen. Seems they keep dying and leaving their money to Putin. It's estimated he's somehow grown a fortune of 70 billion dollars.
I think in Trump's world, it's not how Putin got it, it's that he got it. A philosophy shared by most Republicans. It's why they don't mind Trump stiffing his employees and hiring illegals.

---------------------

If anyone wants to add anything, feel free.

Putin puts his country first.

/thread

Contemporary American Conservatives, the AltRight and the childish love the images of Putin. Shirtless, wresting a bear, riding a horse like something from the cover of a cheap romance novel, performing judo and generally looking hyper-macho like a professional wrestler or a character from a Sylvester Stallone movie.

They heap scorn on Sec. Clinton, claiming debilitating illness, coughing jags, or even hearing aids. Physical infirmities spell weakness to the contemporary American Conservative.

Imagine the brilliance of Franklin Roosevelt squandered because he did not fit the narrative of a vigorous leader. Imagine the outrage piled on John Kennedy had his Addison's disease been disclosed.

These new wave Conservative comic book fans leaves little room for intellectual ability compared to testosterone laden imagery. Their priorities are informed by cinema rather than reality.

If they were forced to live under Putin's brutal authoritarian dictatorship, would they start to behave like traditional Conservatives again? Wailing and weeping about the loss of individual freedoms? Or would they embrace their strongman leader as they embrace a Dirty Harry movie? Would that paradigm then influence their politics?

Probably.

Because there is a palpable strain of "me first" political attitude on this planet today. The ethics of the ignorant has come home to trump the ethics of civility.

CrusaderFrank and Maryland Patriot both gave very good and concise explanations of the "Admiration" that republicans have for Putin.

YOu ignored the actual stated reasons of conservatives to make up self serving shit.

Putin loves the country he leads; our guy -- not so much
Most Authoritarians "love" their country. The use massive propaganda machines to affirm that view to their countrymen. The countrymen use those images to rationalize the authoritarian crap they must endure.

Republicans love the Authoritarianism. Republicans would use authoritarianism to get their way on many social 'wedge' issues. Expanding civil rights to Americans they disagree with is anathema to Republicans. But if it took an authoritarian method to have their way, they would embrace it and mystically call it "freedom".

YOur post has nothing to do with reality.

The Republican Party has been at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement the whole way and still is.

That whole bit about "authoritarians" is supported only by your negative view of people who disagree with you.

But even such ridiculous hypocrisy aside, what exactly should Obama do? Send American troops down there and start a new cold war at very least?
What do I expect?

Libs SHOULD admit that his answer to Romney about 1980s Policies was stupid and naïve as hell!

Libs SHOULD admit that Putin out-played both Hillary and Obama. There is actually no shame in admitting it because he is an ex-KGB agent with more experience, training, etc than them.

I would expect Obama to show some more backbone. Instead of standing up to the bad guys he cowered to them, gave them what they wanted, and armed/aided terrorists.

None of that did happen or will happen, though.

Probably.

CrusaderFrank and Maryland Patriot both gave very good and concise explanations of the "Admiration" that republicans have for Putin.

YOu ignored the actual stated reasons of conservatives to make up self serving shit.
No. Not self serving. I wrote about the attitudes of the modern American Conservative and how desperately far it has strayed from what was once admirable about Conservatives.

I never saw enemies on the right. I saw political opposition. But today I see a movement of self possessed low brows trying to upend the American civil comportment.

Forum List

Back