Why do poor communities exist in America?

You keep saying that UC abridges at-will employment laws. But you have yet to provide a single example of a single abridgement of the at-will employment laws.

What is abridged by the current UC laws?
At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

Any public policy that requires legal or moral prejudice against that legal privilege and immunity is an abridgment to at-will employment law.

At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

Any public policy that requires legal or moral prejudice against that legal privilege and immunity is an abridgment to at-will employment law.

And you are still not answering the question.

That was the answer to the question. It is why I don't take you very seriously.
That was the answer to the question. It is why I don't take you very seriously.

There is nothing in UC law that "requires legal or moral prejudice against that legal privilege and immunity". Your privilege concerning being able to quit, strike or otherwise cease work is not abridged at all. And you are still immune from being prosecuted for quitting, striking or otherwise ceasing work.

There is nothing in the at-will employment laws that say you must get unemployment compensation. Nothing.

The problem is, you want freedom without consequences. Perhaps someday you will grow up and realize that is a childish wish.

There is nothing in UC law that "requires legal or moral prejudice against that legal privilege and immunity". Your privilege concerning being able to quit, strike or otherwise cease work is not abridged at all. And you are still immune from being prosecuted for quitting, striking or otherwise ceasing work.

There is nothing in the at-will employment laws that say you must get unemployment compensation. Nothing.

The problem is, you want freedom without consequences. Perhaps someday you will grow up and realize that is a childish wish.
lol. Legal or moral prejudice is what is repugnant to at-will employment law. If you can legally quit on an at-will basis any public policy to the contrary is unConstitutional.

Yes, they do; you should be able to quit (because it is legal) and collect unemployment compensation (since making that illegal is unequal protection of at-will employment law) in an at-will employment State.

No, it is not. Unemployment compensation is for people who lose their job through no fault of their own. UC does NOT change the at-will employment laws at all.

They are completely different things. You are perfectly free to quit a job. But the UC will not pay you for doing so. Besides, UC is also only for people seeking another job. You've made it clear you are not seeking another job. So no, you do NOT qualify for UC.

No, it is not. Unemployment compensation is for people who lose their job through no fault of their own. UC does NOT change the at-will employment laws at all.

They are completely different things. You are perfectly free to quit a job. But the UC will not pay you for doing so. Besides, UC is also only for people seeking another job. You've made it clear you are not seeking another job. So no, you do NOT qualify for UC.
For-cause criteria in an at-will employment State is repugnant to at-will employment law or you would be able to quit and collect unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in an at-will employment State. See the logic?

For-cause criteria in an at-will employment State is repugnant to at-will employment law or you would be able to quit and collect unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in an at-will employment State. See the logic?

No, I do not. I do not see the logic in offering assistance to someone who quit their job. I do not see the logic in offering assistance to someone who is not seeking work.

The UC comes from the employer. Many of them are barely making it after a year of covid shutdown.

danielpalos
Employment is at the will of either party and Your personal morals don't matter since we have a First Amendment.

You have no basis to be legally or morally prejudiced against someone bearing true witness to at-will employment law.

There is no prejudice. It is simply a program to provide assistance for those looking for work.

It is prejudice against employment at the will of either party. Providing assistance to Only those looking for work is unequal protection of at-will employment law.

No, it is not. The entire purpose of unemployment compensation is to provide assistance for those looking for work. That is not prejudice at all.

Besides, if means testing prevents you from getting on welfare, you really don't need the money. Not every person who loses their job applies for unemployment compensation. I have been laid off and not applied for it.

Legislators have no authority to abridge at-will employment law while manufacturing their arbitrary and capricious public policies.

They don't abridge anything. I have continually asked you to specify what rights under the at-will employment are abridged, and you refuse to answer.

The UC is expressly designed to help people who are between jobs. You are not between jobs, since you have no intention of getting one.

They don't abridge anything. I have continually asked you to specify what rights under the at-will employment are abridged, and you refuse to answer.

The UC is expressly designed to help people who are between jobs. You are not between jobs, since you have no intention of getting one.
I have answered you several times. You merely ignore it and create a story, storyteller. I keep practicing with You so I can simplify the concept for Any jury (if it should go that far).

The Law is employment at the will of either party in an at-will employment State for any public policy enacted by the legislature.

I have answered you several times. You merely ignore it and create a story, storyteller. I keep practicing with You so I can simplify the concept for Any jury (if it should go that far).

The Law is employment at the will of either party in an at-will employment State for any public policy enacted by the legislature.

And nothing in the UC abridges that. You are still able to quit, strike or otherwise cease working. Employers are still able to terminate any employee for any reason (with a few exceptions).

Nothing in the at-will employment laws forbids assistance for workers who lost their job through no fault of their own, and are seeking work.

With the UC in place, can you still quit a job without being punished?

With the UC in place, can you still quit a job without being punished?
Abridging unemployment compensation with for-cause criteria in an at-will employment State is a form of economic punishment perpetrated upon Labor as the least wealthy in our republic. It merely creates more poverty and induces the right-wing to try to find ways to criminalize poverty.

Forum List

Back