Why Do People Become Islamic Extremists?

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Just look and think about it.

I believe point is not only in poverty and ignorance. And not in blind following religion. Many of terrorists come from an educated and wealthy background.
Most likely the problems are numerous and not easily addressed

And maybe...
Outrage at Western interference in the ME: 13% of all documented civilian deaths were reported as being directly caused by the US-led coalition during the invasion of Iraq for example.

asking why a significant number of muslims become Mujahadin is like asking why a significant number of American kids become sportsmen in sports like baseball,
basketball and football. Simple---it is a societal IDEAL People who attain the status of being competent in the SOCIETAL IDEAL have lots of prestige in their own society------so they do it.

I believe point is not only in poverty and ignorance. And not in blind following religion. Many of terrorists come from an educated and wealthy background.

And maybe...
Outrage at Western interference in the ME: 13% of all documented civilian deaths were reported as being directly caused by the US-led coalition during the invasion of Iraq for example.

It's always a harsh look in the mirror when an American realizes that a lot of the things our enemies say about us are actually true. Unfortunately, the people of every country have a hard time believing foreigners over their own so this realization is usually slow in coming. The people in DPRK are probably quite sincere in their devotion to their leader just as Americans are their's, and Arab Muslims are their own.

When you attach more import to where you live than is deserved, it becomes very easy to adopt 'us' vs 'them' mentalities. As was seen at Pearl Harbor, despite the facts we know about now as to US embargo of Japan's energy and material imports and siding against them with China, when the attack came most Americans believed it was as described, an unprovoked sneak attack for no reason. In fact it was perfectly reasonable and the only thing they could do. And technically, we fired first sinking a tresspassing midget submarine in US waters. While it's true the Japanese carrier-launched attack planes were already en route, that's not the standard international law functions by. It's whoever fires first. The US did.

When the US is waging covert and overt war in the meddle east (heh) since those militaries can't compete against us, it's on irregular forces conducting asymetric warfare however they can. When we do it we call it special operations. When they do it against us we call it terrorism.

And maybe...

Could the answer be because their membership expired for "The Brothers Of Peace And Love" organization, and they wanted to try something new and exciting? ... just a guess ...... only a guess ...

Some branches of extremal Islam are specially designed to produce "warriors of jihad". They usually produce them from not-much-educated people, but idealists or some people with family problems can be catched too...
Production of islamic terrorists - it's a big industry with no any relations with traditional Islam.

And maybe...

Could the answer be because their membership expired for "The Brothers Of Peace And Love" organization, and they wanted to try something new and exciting? ... just a guess ...... only a guess ...

exciting is the anwer. Young people look for EXCITEMENT and ATTENTION. US kids play football for EXCITEMENT AND ATTENTION --
Some people get excitement and attention from being a comedian---some
people from writing literature----or playing in dramas These endeavors
are not highly prized or highly develop in Islamic societies----- MUJAHAD---CHOPPING OFF A HEAD ...is

Some branches of extremal Islam are specially designed to produce "warriors of jihad". They usually produce them from not-much-educated people, but idealists or some people with family problems can be catched too...
Production of islamic terrorists - it's a big industry with no any relations with traditional Islam.

clearly, you never read the Koran or got to know muslims

And maybe...

Is it me, or does that image look similiar to a 5 member rock band on stage?

The guy with the suicide vest--drummer
3 riflemen---3 guitarists
man on knees--lead singer

...When you attach more import to where you live than is deserved, it becomes very easy to adopt 'us' vs 'them' mentalities. As was seen at Pearl Harbor, despite the facts we know about now as to US embargo of Japan's energy and material imports and siding against them with China, when the attack came most Americans believed it was as described, an unprovoked sneak attack for no reason. In fact it was perfectly reasonable and the only thing they could do...

Yanno, one must be uniquely adept at bending over backwards in order to reach your conclusion. I will simply remind you that by the time we halted oil exports to Japan (1941), Japan had withdrawn from the League of Nations in response to international condemnation of its conquest of Manchuria (1933), had instituted a full scale war with China (1937), and signed the Tripartite Pact (1940) with Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy. Increasingly under military control, Japan made no secret of its intentions:

"It is Japan's mission to be supreme in Asia, the South Seas and eventually the four corners of the world." - General Sadao Araki (1935)

...When you attach more import to where you live than is deserved, it becomes very easy to adopt 'us' vs 'them' mentalities. As was seen at Pearl Harbor, despite the facts we know about now as to US embargo of Japan's energy and material imports and siding against them with China, when the attack came most Americans believed it was as described, an unprovoked sneak attack for no reason. In fact it was perfectly reasonable and the only thing they could do...

Yanno, one must be uniquely adept at bending over backwards in order to reach your conclusion. I will simply remind you that by the time we halted oil exports to Japan (1941), Japan had withdrawn from the League of Nations in response to international condemnation of its conquest of Manchuria (1933), had instituted a full scale war with China (1937), and signed the Tripartite Pact (1940) with Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy. Increasingly under military control, Japan made no secret of its intentions:

"It is Japan's mission to be supreme in Asia, the South Seas and eventually the four corners of the world." - General Sadao Araki (1935)

Amusing how you reject my point while confirming it at the same time. Japan's intentions were tod ominate Asia. And we sided against them long before Pearl Harbor. A defacto act of war arming others against them. And an energy and material embargo IS an act of war.

10% of russian are muslims and I respect Islam and traditional muslims with their traditions... Instead of Wahhabism and other infections from Saudi Arabia etc.

10% of russian are muslims and I respect Islam and traditional muslims with their traditions... Instead of Wahhabism and other infections from Saudi Arabia etc.

fine with me------it's Russia's problem ---
same Koran. Jihad----the FIGHT kind with scimitars and head severed is
presented as the TOP OF THE LINE activity in the Koran. Islamic art over
the centuries has glorified ---the head severing scimitar waving mujahad.. People do what their societies GLORIFY ------which is why the CHECHEN boys murdered in Boston. They were not Saudis

The same thing that fuels other right-wing movements; a fear or disdain of modernity.

Amusing how you reject my point while confirming it at the same time. Japan's intentions were tod ominate Asia. And we sided against them long before Pearl Harbor. A defacto act of war arming others against them. And an energy and material embargo IS an act of war.

It's a strange logic. You have a cup of coffee. I have none. I say "give me some coffee", you say "no" - it's an act of war??

It's a strange logic. You have a cup of coffee. I have none. I say "give me some coffee", you say "no" - it's an act of war??

depends on the circumstances-----urgency of need----magnitude of cup

fine with me------it's Russia's problem ---
same Koran. Jihad----the FIGHT kind with scimitars and head severed is
presented as the TOP OF THE LINE activity in the Koran. Islamic art over
the centuries has glorified ---the head severing scimitar waving mujahad.. People do what their societies GLORIFY ------which is why the CHECHEN boys murdered in Boston. They were not Saudis

They were not Saudis, but read their papers. There are no terrorism problems in traditional Islam, but islamic globalization is process, which based on extreme branches...

depends on the circumstances-----urgency of need----magnitude of cup

Such a flexible! So I can legal plunder childs at morning if I have a hangover and need to drink a shot to avoid it?

Material and energy - was property of US. Why US had to sell it to Japan? Maybe US wanted to not to support Japan invasion to China? Maybe USSR paid more for this? Urgency of needs - it's not a casus belli for the international law.

Forum List

Back