Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Zero creativity
Zero mystery
Zero intrigue
Zero interesting characters
Zero suspense
Etc

Almost every movie is just recycled garbage that caters to teenagers, dumb adults and China

I would say that in the last 5 yrs : I can only think of a few movies I liked .

It seems that mass franchising simple brands like the comic movies is what sells . Very easy to create a simple story and then just use cgi . Zero brains required !!
Movies are rubbish compared to the innovation from the 70s and 80s

Zero creativity
Zero mystery
Zero intrigue
Zero suspense
Etc

Almost every movie is just recycled garbage that caters to teenagers, dumb adults and China

Complete lack of subplots and the actors are boring.

Zero creativity
Zero mystery
Zero intrigue
Zero suspense
Etc

It is incredibly expensive to make a movie that will make it to theaters. If you're going to put up that kind of money you want some guarantee the movies will be successful. The best guarantee is an established series like Spiderman that people know. Lots of small movies on cable.

It’s cuz you fuckers are morons. Movies have the same bell curve around good to bad movies. There are just a lot more of them and you’re all old crotchety men. You are also cheap bastards watching terrible Netflix offerings piled on you during covid. You probably think the only movies that ever come out are avenger movies. They are entertaining but there’s a lot more to the industry.

Tired of all the super hero movies.
Also CGI is overused and does not seem realistic

On the plus side, all the streaming outlets give you a wide variety of content
Some suck, but some are very good

The latest trend is to remake movies that have already been redone 2 or 3 times over the years. But this time replace the lead character with a homo, or a minority, or one that's both.
And then the move producers can't figure out why people aren't lining up to go see their latest movie? ... :cool:

There are good movies being made... "News of the World" is an example.
There were always bad movies made. Always. And bad movies always out numbered good movies.

Having said that... I agree that it is worse now.
Before out of 10 films, you may only have one really good one, but at least half were decent. Really only a couple true dogs.
Now out of 10 films, there isn't even a single good movie. Maybe 1 or 2 that is not bad. At least entertaining. But the majority is crap.
We have really struggled the last few years with renting movies. It is a total crap shoot. Critic ratings are pretty much meaningless, giving good ratings based on the politics of the movie.
Anymore... you are lucky if you get to see ONE good movie a moth. Out of a flurry of shit.

I agree with you OP.

It is like they are not willing to take creative risks because they think they will alienate somebody. Just think of the creative risk that George Lucas took making the first Star Wars movie. You don't see that anymore.

There is also far too much wokeness and that tends to ruin a movie. Making Captain America, John Clark and James Bond Blacks? Really? Who wants to see that crap? Almost every movie now seems to have a Black or queer lead or main supporting actor and that will alienate viewers. I wonder why the Hollywood producers don't understand that?

I was trying to think of a good movie that I have seen in the last year or so. "First Cow" is almost the only one I could think of.

I haven't viewed it yet but I am hoping the second Quiet movie will be worth watching.

8.jpg

It’s cuz you fuckers are morons. Movies have the same bell curve around good to bad movies. There are just a lot more of them and you’re all old crotchety men. You are also cheap bastards watching terrible Netflix offerings piled on you during covid. You probably think the only movies that ever come out are avenger movies. They are entertaining but there’s a lot more to the industry.
no, left wing bigots are not creative people, that is the problem

There are good movies being made... "News of the World" is an example.
There were always bad movies made. Always. And bad movies always out numbered good movies.

Having said that... I agree that it is worse now.
Before out of 10 films, you may only have one really good one, but at least half were decent. Really only a couple true dogs.
Now out of 10 films, there isn't even a single good movie. Maybe 1 or 2 that is not bad. At least entertaining. But the majority is crap.
We have really struggled the last few years with renting movies. It is a total crap shoot. Critic ratings are pretty much meaningless, giving good ratings based on the politics of the movie.
Anymore... you are lucky if you get to see ONE good movie a moth. Out of a flurry of shit.
I enjoyed News of the World. Good film.

Zero creativity
Zero mystery
Zero intrigue
Zero suspense
Etc

Nah

I see some good movies on streaming services
Not your typical Hollywood 2 hour flick but multi episode flicks lasting 6 or more hours

Amazing watching the number of streaming movies nominated for Academy Awards

Forum List

Back