Why do movies suck these days ???

Great movies like original Star Wars , alien , god father , goonies , Raiders , the thing ,would never be made today

Hell or high water, darkest hour and quite place were good in the last 5 yrs
Can’t think of much else
I did like blade runner 2049

Zero creativity
Zero mystery
Zero intrigue
Zero interesting characters
Zero suspense
Etc

Almost every movie is just recycled garbage

What? You mean you are NOT all in for Raider of the Lost Ark Part 9, Star Wars - The Nursing Home For Jedi, Terminator 12, or a bunch of unknown child actors running around on a screen in non-stop impossible action stunts involving computer-generated graphics not really there?! :omg:

I suppose you actually expect original ideas, good, interesting writing, and skilled actors able to actually play parts and not just themselves!

I think the only movie coming out that looks good is Dune in October

That may be, but it just so happens that the original Dune movie, both the theatrical release and the longer version are among my most favorite movies of all time. A new Dune would at best ruin that, at worst, merely supplant it with better CGI unavailable in the time of the first movie, and still be another rehashing of an old idea and movie.

Teenagers and young adults are traditionally the biggest movie audience and H'wood is well aware of it. The problem is that the movie audience today grew up on violent vid games and movies and H'wood is motivated to push the envelope. With the advent of digital technology they can kill thousands in the opening scene without worrying about a plot.

Forum List

Back