Why do liberals support political censorship by Big Tech and the dying media?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Why censor? Why not engage and discuss?

I am a conservative and I want ZERO censorship. If someone posts something I think is inaccurate, its an opportunity to discuss facts and truth.

The left, including Congress, wants to censor opposing opinions. They said as much this past week when questioning Zuck and Dorsey. Many Dem Senators told these guys they need to CENSOR MORE SPEECH.

This shit is reckless and only goes one way.

CENSORSHIP IS BAD. PERIOD. What are liberals afraid of? DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT? GASP!

I am a conservative and I want ZERO censorship. If someone posts something I think is inaccurate, its an opportunity to discuss facts and truth.

Okay, someone posts something on line accusing you of a horrible crime. It's completely untrue, ruins your reputation, and causes you to lose your job and your neighbors to hate you. Eventually, 'the truth" comes out, but the lie is still floating out there on line forever.

Used to be you could hold someone in the media accountable through a libel lawsuit. But that's before every loser inthe world living in his mother's basement became an "internet journalist".

Okay, someone posts something on line accusing you of a horrible crime. It's completely untrue, ruins your reputation, and causes you to lose your job and your neighbors to hate you. Eventually, 'the truth" comes out, but the lie is still floating out there on line forever.

Used to be you could hold someone in the media accountable through a libel lawsuit. But that's before every loser inthe world living in his mother's basement became an "internet journalist".

And the arbitor of the TRUTH? Who gets that role? Senate Dems told Dorsey and Zuck they need to censor more conservative posts.

Its interesting to me that Conservatives want no censorship and liberals want more.

If someone libels or defames you...you sue them. Censorship is not the solution.

I dont agree with the tenets of the Green New Deal, but I dont want them censored...I want them discussed.

Candace Owens doesnt think children should get sex change operations, so she is censored by YOUTUBE. Why? Have her on liberal programming and discuss the issue with her. Why censor a black woman because you think an 8 year old can get a sex change and she does not. What are the liberals afraid of?

And the arbitor of the TRUTH? Who gets that role? Senate Dems told Dorsey and Zuck they need to censor more conservative posts.

yes, because they knew Trump would try to pull the same shit in 2020 he pulled in 2016 spreading false stories.

If someone libels or defames you...you sue them. Censorship is not the solution.

Except who do you sue? THe loser living in mom's basement passing along something from a Russian Troll Farm? He doesn't have anything worth suing over. Maybe Facebook and Twitter do, That kind of puts the onus on them TO CENSOR problematic content that might get someone to pick their deep pockets.

End of the day, Facebook and Twitter are private concerns, and you signed on to obey their terms of service.

This is how Tyrants work.

They shut you down, then claim you are a censoring bigot.

At long last, the Right is getting the tyranny it deserves. Once the guns are taken, it'll get real. At long last they will learn what
doing nothing leads to.

Unfortunately, a LOT of Conservative blood will need to be shed before they see the folly of their ways.

"All that was required for tyrants to prevail was for good men to do nothing"

Candace Owens doesnt think children should get sex change operations, so she is censored by YOUTUBE. Why? Have her on liberal programming and discuss the issue with her. Why censor a black woman because you think an 8 year old can get a sex change and she does not. What are the liberals afraid of?

Actually, isn't this the same Candace Owen who said that Hitler would have been fine if he stayed in Germany?

She says all sorts of crazy shit. And no one taking her off YouTube.

The left, including Congress, wants to censor opposing opinions. They said as much this past week when questioning Zuck and Dorsey. Many Dem Senators told these guys they need to CENSOR MORE SPEECH.

CENSORSHIP IS BAD. PERIOD. What are liberals afraid of? DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT? GASP!
Because unlike most on the right, liberals correctly understand that the doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or private entities – such as online hosting venues.

Private media are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit – liberals acknowledge and respect that.

And such editing does not constitute ‘censorship’ – only government has the authority to censor, preempt, or regulate speech provided it’s consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence.

Last, the internet is infinite – there is ample opportunity for conservatives to propagate their message of hate, racism, bigotry, ignorance, and fear; consequently, conservative views are neither being ‘censored’ nor ‘silenced.’

At long last, the Right is getting the tyranny it deserves. Once the guns are taken, it'll get real. At long last they will learn what
doing nothing leads to.

Unfortunately, a LOT of Conservative blood will need to be shed before they see the folly of their ways.

Wrong.

Tyrants exist solely in the context of government – the notion that a private web hosting site is a ‘tyrant’ is as ignorant as it is idiotic.

Because unlike most on the right, liberals correctly understand that the doctrine of free speech concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or private entities – such as online hosting venues.

Private media are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit – liberals acknowledge and respect that.

And such editing does not constitute ‘censorship’ – only government has the authority to censor, preempt, or regulate speech provided it’s consistent with First Amendment jurisprudence.

Last, the internet is infinite – there is ample opportunity for conservatives to propagate their message of hate, racism, bigotry, ignorance, and fear; consequently, conservative views are neither being ‘censored’ nor ‘silenced.’

You do understand section 230 protection, correct?

You clearly do not think these Tech publishers should be protected from being sued.

If they can be sued for content, I have no problem with them censoring content. They cant have both.

Are they a publisher or are they a platform?

Actually, isn't this the same Candace Owen who said that Hitler would have been fine if he stayed in Germany?

Candice Owens....too brilliant for you to understand.

Her Hitler comment was in a league above yours.

she DID NOT say Hitler was a good person.

Duh

doing nothing leads to.

Wrong.

Tyrants exist solely in the context of government – the notion that a private web hosting site is a ‘tyrant’ is as ignorant as it is idiotic.

lol

SWOOOSH....right over your head.

Being critical of a black woman makes you a racist and a misogynist. You are Hitler.

False premise. :cuckoo:

Big Tech and the dead media do not censor?

Ugh.....The Hunter Biden story from the New York Post?

You really believe these left wing outlets do not censor?

The fucking Democrats in the Senate just told them to censor more. :icon_rolleyes:
It doesn’t matter what anyone ‘believes’ – all that matters is that private media and online hosting sites are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit; where such editing is neither ‘censorship’ nor ‘violating’ free speech.

If rightists don’t like how a given hosting site edits its content, they’re likewise at liberty to not patronize that hosting site.

Or conservatives can create their own hosting site to propagate their message of ignorance, fear, and hate.

The fucking Democrats in the Senate just told them to censor more. :icon_rolleyes:
It doesn’t matter what anyone ‘believes’ – all that matters is that private media and online hosting sites are at liberty to edit their content as they see fit; where such editing is neither ‘censorship’ nor ‘violating’ free speech.

If rightists don’t like how a given hosting site edits its content, they’re likewise at liberty to not patronize that hosting site.

Or conservatives can create their own hosting site to propagate their message of ignorance, fear, and hate.

Is Twitter a platform or a publisher? Its a simple fucking question. Are they Verizon or the New York Times?

What ?!?! Conservatives create their own ??

Blasphemy !!!!

Forum List

Back