Why do liberals support political censorship by Big Tech and the dying media?

I've been trying (in vain) to convince the Right to move away and create their own platforms for YEARS.
They referred all their friends to FB and Twitter in response. <sigh>
Seriously.......

PATRIOTS FOR AMERICAN LIBERTY AND FREE SPEECH........please visit us on.............. Facebook (WTF??)

house-gif.24673.gif

Who's worse.......tyrants or fools who kiss their asses ?

Last edited:
I consider myself fairly liberal and totally agree with the opinion expressed by the OP. The other one that gets my goat is that we want a law for every this-and-that but either hold little regard for laws we disagree with, or put another way, compliance is for them and not us. Now I need to get back to other threads and rage against Republicans.

Candice Owens....too brilliant for you to understand.

Candace Owens, another sad-ass uncle tom who makes money telling insecure white people to be okay with their racism.

Her Hitler comment was in a league above yours.

she DID NOT say Hitler was a good person.

Her Hitler comment was idiotic on so many levels... Nationalism was why Hitler was a bad actor. Nationalism is not a good thing.

Can someone help out Jones? He doesn’t want to answer the question, yet he fancies himself an expert.

IS TWITTER A PLATFORM OR A PUBLISHER?

Why censor? Why not engage and discuss?

I am a conservative and I want ZERO censorship. If someone posts something I think is inaccurate, its an opportunity to discuss facts and truth.

The left, including Congress, wants to censor opposing opinions. They said as much this past week when questioning Zuck and Dorsey. Many Dem Senators told these guys they need to CENSOR MORE SPEECH.

This shit is reckless and only goes one way.

CENSORSHIP IS BAD. PERIOD. What are liberals afraid of? DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT? GASP!
The site that you have this post restricts totally free speech but here you are.

Candice Owens....too brilliant for you to understand.

Candace Owens, another sad-ass uncle tom who makes money telling insecure white people to be okay with their racism.

Her Hitler comment was in a league above yours.

she DID NOT say Hitler was a good person.

Her Hitler comment was idiotic on so many levels... Nationalism was why Hitler was a bad actor. Nationalism is not a good thing.

Uncle Tom: Revised modern definition.......

Uncle Tom
- noun
An "Uncle Tom" is a Patriotic individual usually of higher intelligence than those criticizing him or her.
A very informed individual who is honest and has great insight.

Therfore, Uncle Tom's are of considerable threat to Communists and the lower IQ

Why censor? Why not engage and discuss?

I am a conservative and I want ZERO censorship. If someone posts something I think is inaccurate, its an opportunity to discuss facts and truth.

I think the answer is obvious.

Censorship of opposing views if a refuge for those who know that their own views are full of shit, and cannot stand up to honest examination and discussion.

They know that they have no reasonable chance of winning any debate honesty, so their only hope of “winning” is to cheat, by silencing the opposition.

Okay, someone posts something on line accusing you of a horrible crime. It's completely untrue, ruins your reputation, and causes you to lose your job and your neighbors to hate you. Eventually, 'the truth" comes out, but the lie is still floating out there on line forever.
If someone libels or defames you...you sue them. Censorship is not the solution.

It is very notable that a lawsuit for libel/slander involved a discussion whether the statement alleged to be libelous/slanderous is true or not; and not just flat-out censorship of that statement.

It is, again, very telling that LIbtARdS do not want to allow any statements that they wish to suppress, to get any such opportunity at having their veracity discussed in the open. They just want to censor them, and to punish those who dare to make them, even [especially] if they are true.

Used to be you could hold someone in the media accountable through a libel lawsuit. But that's before every loser inthe [sic] world living in his mother's basement became an "internet journalist".

So, freedoms of speech and the press are only for those who are somehow designated in some official way as authorized “journalists”?

Democrats are gullible fools. They support the Censorship because "right now" it is working in their favor. Eventually it won't be and they will look like gullible fools as always.

Or....you can just Parler up and flee to your safe space where you won't be exposed to views that trigger you.

Like, say.....election results.

If someone libels or defames you...you sue them. Censorship is not the solution.
Except who do you sue? THe loser living in mom's basement passing along something from a Russian Troll Farm? He doesn't have anything worth suing over. Maybe Facebook and Twitter do, That kind of puts the onus on them TO CENSOR problematic content that might get someone to pick their deep pockets.

End of the day, Facebook and Twitter are private concerns, and you signed on to obey their terms of service.

You know good and well that is not what is being discussed. Typical far-left liberal if you can't argue the facts, answer a different question.

As you know, this is the issue.

BidenVSTrumpCensorship_V3_BLOG.png

Except who do you sue? THe loser living in mom's basement passing along something from a Russian Troll Farm? He doesn't have anything worth suing over. Maybe Facebook and Twitter do, That kind of puts the onus on them TO CENSOR problematic content that might get someone to pick their deep pockets.

End of the day, Facebook and Twitter are private concerns, and you signed on to obey their terms of service.

You know good and well that is not what is being discussed. Typical far-left liberal if you can't argue the facts, answer a different question.

As you know, this is the issue.

BidenVSTrumpCensorship_V3_BLOG.png

Trump lying constantly would explain the same results.

Forum List

Back