Dying patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Boy, oh boy. There sure is no shortage of delusion in this country these days. For the last few months I've felt like I was living in the Bizzaro world of Htrae where everything is the opposite of expectations.

America in 2020 is the land where foolishness is considered insightful, and sheer stupidity passes for common sense.

It's mind-numbing and mindbogglingly surreal to the point where it seems like one of those crazy dreams you wake up from, and the most disturbing thing about the dream is that it seemed sensible to you while you were asleep and dreaming it.

I can only draw one conclusion. The human race is doomed. No species could (or even should) survive with such lunacy all about. Let's give the animals back the planet. At least we can rely on them to act sensibly.

South Dakota nurse says many patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death

By
Paulina Villegas
November 16, 2020 at 3:22 p.m. MST

Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in South Dakota, was overwhelmed Saturday night. Her patients were dying of covid-19, yet were still in denial about the pandemic’s existence.
It’s like a “horror movie that never ends,” Doering wrote on Twitter.

Her anxiety and despair are shared by many health-care workers who are facing a dramatic surge in covid-19 patients. But some front-line workers, like Doering, also face the emotional toll of treating patients who, despite being severely ill, are reluctant to acknowledge that they have been infected with a virus that President Trump has said will simply disappear.
Doering said she has covid-19 patients who need 100-percent-oxygen breathing assistance and who will also swear they don’t have the illness that has ended the lives of nearly a quarter-million people in the United States since February.

“I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.
“Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’” Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their positive test results.

Doering’s weekend tweets went viral and prompted reaction from residents, health-care workers and local officials.
“COVID is amplifying the feeling of frustration and helplessness our front-line healthcare workers are experiencing,” Brookings, S.D., City Council member Nick Wendell wrote on Twitter. “We are in the midst of the storm right now. When we see our way through to the other side, the accumulated grief of healthcare workers in our state will be among the debris.”

The United States surpassed 11 million coronavirus cases Sunday, and health experts warn of even bleaker weeks ahead, urging the public to take the pandemic seriously and abide by strict social-distancing rules. They have also urged public officials to implement more restrictions, such as statewide mask mandates, to stem the spread.

Coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly across the country, but North and South Dakota led the nation in new cases and deaths per capita last week, according to Washington Post data.

In North Dakota, where cases have rocketed in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum has also acknowledged the phenomenon of disbelief among the population. Burgum pleaded with fellow residents late last week to take precautions, as the state’s hospitals are overwhelmed with patients.

“You don’t have to believe in covid, you don’t have to believe in a certain political party or not, you don’t have to believe whether masks work or not. You can just do it because you know that one thing is very real. And that’s that 100 percent of our capacity is now being used,” Burgum said.

‘Covid-hell.’ ‘Humanitarian disaster.’ Experts sound the alarm about U.S. coronavirus outbreak.
South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) has opposed mask mandates and other measures despite the rapid spread in her state.

Story has been debunked.....oooops
How was it debunked? Cam you provide a link or more details? I’ve heard multiple interviews from nurses and doctors making similar claims. So what exactly has been debunked?
You wont believe it anyway.......so carry on, put your mask on and shiver in place
I probably won’t but that doesn’t mean I’m not interested in seeing your source of intel. Why not show it?

South Dakota nurse says many patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death

So whats your point, that there are stupid people? We know that. Millions of ignorant idiots voted for Biden. Of course there are stupid people.

This thread is dumb and pointless.

The word I used was delusion. Those people are (or rather, WERE) delusional! Need help?

Delusional
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
  • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
    "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

Boy, oh boy. There sure is no shortage of delusion in this country these days. For the last few months I've felt like I was living in the Bizzaro world of Htrae where everything is the opposite of expectations.

America in 2020 is the land where foolishness is considered insightful, and sheer stupidity passes for common sense.

It's mind-numbing and mindbogglingly surreal to the point where it seems like one of those crazy dreams you wake up from, and the most disturbing thing about the dream is that it seemed sensible to you while you were asleep and dreaming it.

I can only draw one conclusion. The human race is doomed. No species could (or even should) survive with such lunacy all about. Let's give the animals back the planet. At least we can rely on them to act sensibly.

By
Paulina Villegas

Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in South Dakota, was overwhelmed Saturday night. Her patients were dying of covid-19, yet were still in denial about the pandemic’s existence.

Her anxiety and despair are shared by many health-care workers who are facing a dramatic surge in covid-19 patients. But some front-line workers, like Doering, also face the emotional toll of treating patients who, despite being severely ill, are reluctant to acknowledge that they have been infected with a virus that President Trump has said will simply disappear.
Doering said she has covid-19 patients who need 100-percent-oxygen breathing assistance and who will also swear they don’t have the illness that has ended the lives of nearly a quarter-million people in the United States since February.

“I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.
“Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’” Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their positive test results.

Doering’s weekend tweets went viral and prompted reaction from residents, health-care workers and local officials.
“COVID is amplifying the feeling of frustration and helplessness our front-line healthcare workers are experiencing,” Brookings, S.D., City Council member Nick Wendell wrote on Twitter. “We are in the midst of the storm right now. When we see our way through to the other side, the accumulated grief of healthcare workers in our state will be among the debris.”

The United States surpassed 11 million coronavirus cases Sunday, and health experts warn of even bleaker weeks ahead, urging the public to take the pandemic seriously and abide by strict social-distancing rules. They have also urged public officials to implement more restrictions, such as statewide mask mandates, to stem the spread.

Coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly across the country, but North and South Dakota led the nation in new cases and deaths per capita last week, according to Washington Post data.

In North Dakota, where cases have rocketed in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum has also acknowledged the phenomenon of disbelief among the population. Burgum pleaded with fellow residents late last week to take precautions, as the state’s hospitals are overwhelmed with patients.

“You don’t have to believe in covid, you don’t have to believe in a certain political party or not, you don’t have to believe whether masks work or not. You can just do it because you know that one thing is very real. And that’s that 100 percent of our capacity is now being used,” Burgum said.

‘Covid-hell.’ ‘Humanitarian disaster.’ Experts sound the alarm about U.S. coronavirus outbreak.
South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) has opposed mask mandates and other measures despite the rapid spread in her state.

they forgot to put "WITHOUT EVIDENCE" in the article,,,

How was it debunked? Cam you provide a link or more details? I’ve heard multiple interviews from nurses and doctors making similar claims. So what exactly has been debunked?
You wont believe it anyway.......so carry on, put your mask on and shiver in place
I probably won’t but that doesn’t mean I’m not interested in seeing your source of intel. Why not show it?
You just made my point, you want to believe your political indoctrination so believe

By
Paulina Villegas

Thats because many patients dying and have been labeled as coronovirus patients are actually dying of something else...like old age or some other underlying issue...

This really has been one of the sadder elements of this alternate universe: People who have been conned into believing fantasy.

The virus was the point at which Trumpism turned from a dangerous freak show to literally being destructive.
The virus was turned political by Progs from the beginning. They did not work with Trump or attempt to. This is almost so comical it could be an animated cartoon. If true, many people are dying from other medical reasons that the virus pushed. I worked in poorer neighborhoods where government and donation money earmarked for one block of homes with the working total income from individuals was more then working class people in a block with no government help. Stop the stealing and pilfering and corruption.

By
Paulina Villegas

Thats because many patients dying and have been labeled as coronovirus patients are actually dying of something else...like old age or some other underlying issue...

Old age, in and of itself, doesn't kill anyone. It takes something more specific, like some kind of organ failure.

So whats your point, that there are stupid people? We know that. Millions of ignorant idiots voted for Biden. Of course there are stupid people.

This thread is dumb and pointless.

The point of this thread is to remind idiots like you the consequences of lying to the American public about the dangers of the corona virus - something that Donald Trump has done since day one, and something that has been echoed by the Billionaire Media in support the guy who keeps cutting taxes for billionaires.

Donald Trump's lies have lead to more than 250,000 Americans dying - alone, without even the comfort of their loved ones nearby. Counties which voted for Trump include nearly 100 of the counties with the highest rate of infection and disease.

The American medical staff - the doctors, nurses, and nursing assistants you rely on to save your life if you go to the hospital have had enough. Thousands of their co-workers have gotten sick and died trying to save the lives of those who get sick, and the doctors and the nurses are pretty much done with this shit.

If members of the Administration are feeding people who trust them absolute bullshit, then those perveyors of bullshit should be called out because this is costing people their lives.

Of course as long as it's all favourable to Trump, you don't care. Because everything you believe is a lie. Just like your name. It's not the Democrats who are lying. It's the entire Republican Party. Once again, Republicans accuse others of the very thing they are doing. They learned that from Joseph Stalin.

I await your next reference to male genetalia. It seems to be the limit of your baseless insults.

You just made my point, you want to believe your political indoctrination so believe
I don’t give a shit about political indoctrination. I just follow facts and logic. So go ahead and make your case. I’d like to see what info you’ve seen that makes you say this article was debunked. Why are you trying so hard to avoid diving in?

Forum List

Back