Why do liberals have to make up climate change?

Don't need to give up a computer and go live in a jungle, to recognize that climate change is a fact of life.

That said, I think that C02 limits will not halt climate change as it is naturally occurring too - regardless of whether man made pollutants have a major impact.

What would make more sense is moving towards renewables, recycling, energy efficient homes, and cleaning up the rivers and oceans. But with China and India using non-renewables and creating a lot of pollution, it is difficult to make it happen worldwide.

Don't need to give up a computer and go live in a jungle, to recognize that climate change is a fact of life.

How else are you going to reduce your CO2 output?
- By using my power company, that gets its power from nuclear, gas, wind, hydro, and very little coal (if any).
- Recycling what I can.
- Selling used or broken products on eBay rather than throwing them in the rubbish.
- Buying organic and free range products, which use less carbon emissions than large scale factory farms.
And so on...

You're awesome.
I can feel the planet cooling already.
It isn't if you lived in China, as your lungs would be swimming in toxic coal dust, and heat from factory production would make it hell without AC.

You're right, it'd be much greener if we all cooked our food over burning dung.
You are more than welcome to, but I am going to keep my electric stove and oven.

Yeah, that climate change. It's all a big liberal conspiracy to allow Al Gore rule the world via carbon trading. It is a known fact that Al Gore was the man on the grassy knoll. Al Gore will bring on the end times:

Gore_Al_Armegeddon.gif

Oh no...cough...someone wake....cough cough....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Whoa. pffft. Just a dream. Just a dream.....

So.....he didn't get rich off of climate change profiteering?

He got rich off his stocks in Occidental Petroleum, for which he has been highly criticized.

No...he made his real money pimping climate change....

You sound envious. Oh dear.

No.....I don't hate people because they have money....gore helped a serial sexual predator stay president and then made a name for himself spreading the lie of man made global warming which he then used, along with his government service to make a bunch of money.....all while preaching to us about not using fossil fuels.......that is my problem with gore....and apparently he also has a difficult time taking no for an answer from women.....

And W killed 130,000 people. Your point?

First, the physical cause of the present global warming is known, the absorption spectrum of the GHGs. It is explained here, a site that is posted by the American Institute of Physics, the largest scientific society on this planet.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

As for the effects of the increase that the man created GHGs have already created, you don;t need models to see them. Just look at the recession of the glaciers in Glacier National Park, and the mountains of the West. In the acidification of the oceans, and the die-off of the coral reefs.

Solutions? Already wind is far cheaper than even dirty coal, and solar is almost on parity with dirty coal, and will be far cheaper than dirty coal in less than five years. And, unlike nuclear, there are no dangerous by products. And geo-thermal is only just beginning. China is investing more in solar and wind than any other nation. Texas is investing more in wind than any other state, and is beginning to make big investments in solar.

Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world has policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. Against that, we have the rants of obese junkies on the AM radio, fake British Lords, and an undegreed ex-TV weatherman.

First, the physical cause of the present global warming is known, the absorption spectrum of the GHGs. It is explained here, a site that is posted by the American Institute of Physics, the largest scientific society on this planet.

As for the effects of the increase that the man created GHGs have already created, you don;t need models to see them. Just look at the recession of the glaciers in Glacier National Park, and the mountains of the West. In the acidification of the oceans, and the die-off of the coral reefs.

Solutions? Already wind is far cheaper than even dirty coal, and solar is almost on parity with dirty coal, and will be far cheaper than dirty coal in less than five years. And, unlike nuclear, there are no dangerous by products. And geo-thermal is only just beginning. China is investing more in solar and wind than any other nation. Texas is investing more in wind than any other state, and is beginning to make big investments in solar.

Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world has policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. Against that, we have the rants of obese junkies on the AM radio, fake British Lords, and an undegreed ex-TV weatherman.

I just don't get the opposition to this. Its almost a religion with opponents of Climate change. And no matter what evidence is presented, they ignore it. Its like talking to a truther or a birther.

The evidence demonstrating climate change is overwhelming. And it just keeps getting more overwhelming. And still they ignore it.

I don't get it.

I just don't get the opposition to this. Its almost a religion with opponents of Climate change. And no matter what evidence is presented, they ignore it. Its like talking to a truther or a birther.

The evidence demonstrating climate change is overwhelming. And it just keeps getting more overwhelming. And still they ignore it.

I don't get it.

The evidence demonstrating climate change is overwhelming.

You need evidence that the climate changes? That's funny!

I don't get it.

A case in point.

I don't get it.

A case in point.

And it will change, whether we spend tens of trillions to stop it from changing, or not.

Whether you believe in climate change or not, there is still one question I would like to ask you.
According to liberals, conservatives deny climate change for one purpose only: to fawn corporations and get a portion of their money.
But what about liberals? What is their motivation according to conservatives? To my mind liberals have no motivation to make up climate change if it really doesn't exist simply because liberal politicians are not getting anything from enterprise 'Climate change'.

940x249xcropped-WP-Web-Banner_Eliot_op.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gZzkl2k5ej.jpg

If climate change isn't happening, then doing things to prevent it wont have any consequences.

If climate change is happening, and we do nothing, we're dead.

that has to be one of the all time dumbest posts on this topic.

If climate change is happening, man is not causing it and cannot do anything about it.

You fools need to differentiate between pollution and climate change.

Here ya go

Pollution = bad

climate change = not caused by pollution

climate change = caused by the sun, the tilt on earth's axis and ocean current changes, none of which can be altered by driving a prius.

So.....he didn't get rich off of climate change profiteering?

He got rich off his stocks in Occidental Petroleum, for which he has been highly criticized.

No.....I don't hate people because they have money....gore helped a serial sexual predator stay president and then made a name for himself spreading the lie of man made global warming which he then used, along with his government service to make a bunch of money.....all while preaching to us about not using fossil fuels.......that is my problem with gore....and apparently he also has a difficult time taking no for an answer from women.....

horseshit.

horseshit.

Exactly....he fought a war against islamic terrorists who hid among civilians and as in World War 2....civilians in a war zone are going to get hurt....but at least our guys didn't target civilians...we protected them.....as we have always done....

To my mind liberals have no motivation to make up climate change if it really doesn't exist simply because liberal politicians are not getting anything from enterprise 'Climate change'.

An incredible lie. Al Gore's carbon credits. And an entire industry being built up around "green energy" that includes shutting down US power plants only to activate even dirtier ones in Mexico to deliver our power (Dems are in bed with Mexico and other foreign entities).

It gives them myriads of excuses to hire family members and friends (cronies) for "environment protection projects" like "saving the desert tortoise" and whatnot.

You're a MORON at best. A LIAR at worst (and most likely).

They have EVERYTHING TO GAIN from this agenda.

They are no different than the tribal chiefs and priests that used to claim that sun wouldn't return during a solar eclipse unless you gave the gods gifts (up to but not limited to sacrificing your children or even yourself). The "end of the world" rhetoric has been well understood for millenia by the ruling classes, they need only make their latest end of the world scenario outside and above the sphere of common knowledge and test-ability. The average joe doesn't possess the means, time or knowledge to conduct their own experiments to falsify the religion of man-made global warming.

There are billions of dollars in the myth of man made global warming, as well as prestige for scientists who lie with their research and book deals, and professorships and tenure......you guys are foolish, naive or complicit in this crap....

horseshit.

Well, he might have killed some horseshit too, I don't know.

horseshit.

Exactly....he fought a war against islamic terrorists who hid among civilians and as in World War 2....civilians in a war zone are going to get hurt....but at least our guys didn't target civilians...we protected them.....as we have always done....

He was commander-in-chief. He invaded another country, and that made him responsible for innocent lives.

horseshit.

He was commander-in-chief. He invaded another country, and that made him responsible for innocent lives.

No, the implication is he murdered those people...that is a lie....he invaded a country that had violated a ceasefire agreement over and over and thus, hostilities were continued, not new....sadaam broke the ceasefire and forced us to finally deal with him....

horseshit.

Well, he might have killed some horseshit too, I don't know.

nope, liberalism is still with us, so the horseshit remains.

Whether you believe in climate change or not, there is still one question I would like to ask you.
According to liberals, conservatives deny climate change for one purpose only: to fawn corporations and get a portion of their money.
But what about liberals? What is their motivation according to conservatives? To my mind liberals have no motivation to make up climate change if it really doesn't exist simply because liberal politicians are not getting anything from enterprise 'Climate change'.

You have to be an idiot not to understand what liberal politicians get out of it: big tax increases. Those tax increases will then be used to buy off favored constituencies. This has already been explained thousands of times in this forum

Could it be that... no no it couldn't be... well maybe... could it be that liberals ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE EVIDENCE AND THAT SOMETHING MUST BE DONE?!!! :eek:

No nvm it HAS to be about politics. Because with conservatives, it's ALWAYS about politics and they don't understand anything else. God will take care of the world with his magic anyways right?
No, that isn't possible. That would imply that liberals have at lease one honest bone in their bodies.

If climate change isn't happening, then doing things to prevent it wont have any consequences.

If climate change is happening, and we do nothing, we're dead.

yeah, right, $73 trillion wasted is not a consequence.

Forum List

Back