Why Do "Desperate Democrats" Strongly Appose Voter Photo I.D. Requirement For 2012 ?

I have no problem with voters showing IDs to vote as long as IDs are readily available and free

My only question for Republicans is how do you check the IDs of those who vote by mail?

Of course, as long as they're free... how surprising.

Making someone pay for an ID to vote represents a poll tax. If Republicans insist on ID for a non-existent problem....let them buy peoples ID

So what is your alternative? You just take their word for it that:
a) They are a U.S. citizen of legal age to vote?
b) They are a resident of the state they are voting in?
c) They are a resident of the precinct they are voting in?
d) They haven't already voted in five other places?
e) They are providing their correct name and address?

You say it is a non existent problem. New Mexico for awhile had a 'no ID required' to vote and we had dead people voting in almost every precinct. When we went back to requiring photo ID, that pretty much stopped.

The lack of Photo ID contributed to the current flap in Indiana in which they have possibly uncovered so many bogus registrations that had that been discovered prior to the 2008 election, neither Barack Obama nor Hillary Clinton might not have qualified for the Indiana primary.

Fraud is the foundation of the left. Cutting off voter fraud severely diminishes the prospects of the left "winning" (stealing) elections.

democrats object to voted ID for the same reason that forgers object to banks wanting ID to accept checks.

I know I am a Neanderthal but I remember a time when:

1. Nobody went out to sign up voters. Citizens accepted the responsibility to get themselves to the City Clerk's office or wherever to register to vote and yes, we did have to have valid ID in order to register. And we knew we had to do that six weeks before the election so that every registration could be verified and included on the roster by election day. Those of us who moved within that six week period accepted the responsibility to get ourselves back to our old precinct to vote.

2. The election was held from 7 am to 7 pm on election day at our assigned precinct voting place. No early voting. No voting anywhere you wanted. Precinct managers often provided transportation to folks who needed that to get to the polls, but there was none of this dragging folks off the street, registering them on the spot, and pointing to the box they were paid to mark.

3. Absentee ballots were provided to those who could not get to the polls on election day, and it was up to each voter to request and return such ballots by the due date.

4. We were required to verify our identity in order to vote.

As a result, it was mostly interested and informed citizens who voted for our elected officials. I would very much like to go back to that system.

What is wrong with encouraging people to vote and making it easier to do so?

Does that scare you?

I have no problem with encouraging people to vote and making it easier to do so IF they are eligible to do so and that is verified. I have a HUGE problem with making it easier to commit voter fraud and encouraging that. And protesting voter ID definitely encourages that.

On a more personal level, I prefer a system in which informed and interested voters are the ones who go to the polls on election day and object to a system that faciliitates bribing people to vote who don't have a clue who they are voting for or why.

Does it scare you to think people might ought to prove who they are at the voting booth as much as they have to do that at the airport or to get into the courthouse or legally drive an automobile or pick up their food stamps?

I know I am a Neanderthal but I remember a time when:

1. Nobody went out to sign up voters. Citizens accepted the responsibility to get themselves to the City Clerk's office or wherever to register to vote and yes, we did have to have valid ID in order to register. And we knew we had to do that six weeks before the election so that every registration could be verified and included on the roster by election day. Those of us who moved within that six week period accepted the responsibility to get ourselves back to our old precinct to vote.

2. The election was held from 7 am to 7 pm on election day at our assigned precinct voting place. No early voting. No voting anywhere you wanted. Precinct managers often provided transportation to folks who needed that to get to the polls, but there was none of this dragging folks off the street, registering them on the spot, and pointing to the box they were paid to mark.

3. Absentee ballots were provided to those who could not get to the polls on election day, and it was up to each voter to request and return such ballots by the due date.

4. We were required to verify our identity in order to vote.

As a result, it was mostly interested and informed citizens who voted for our elected officials. I would very much like to go back to that system.

Does that scare you?

Not at all.

WHy should it be made easier? Unions give the day off. Polling stations are conveniently located. Voting takes all but a minute or two.

Why must we ALSO compromise the integrity of the privelage to vote by making it easier for non citizens to vote?

What is wrong with voting being easier?

Is there something to be gained by making voting an ordeal?

:scared1:
President Obama Has His Panties In An Uproar Over Most States Requiring Photo I.D. Just To VOTE !! What a travesty!:disbelief:
Most fair minded Americans find this laughable.:lol: They will complain that,hey! I need an I.D. just to get a library card,or beer,dog license&going to court. You will likely see Democrats&Conservatives argue this issue on Fox News for a year. Staunch Obama supporters are enraged that you will need proper photo I.D. to vote for President. If Obama,Pelosi & Reid had their way, it would be LAWLESS !!, Hey, no I.D. No Problem, so long as you want to vote Democratic, it's not required. You can even bring your dogs&cats,they are already Registered! Illegal Alien? Convicted Murderer? Registered Sex Offender? No Problem !!:banana:

Now take this issue and reverse it as if the Republicans were the minority in a losing position.
How do you think 40 Democratic Governors would handle it? :eusa_naughty::talk2hand::bye1::woohoo::woohoo:

Because these pricks can buy a SSN is this cuuuntry!

news.jpg

Does that scare you?

Not at all.

WHy should it be made easier? Unions give the day off. Polling stations are conveniently located. Voting takes all but a minute or two.

Why must we ALSO compromise the integrity of the privelage to vote by making it easier for non citizens to vote?

why must you spin it?
Are you not comfortable with your position?

No one is saying we should make voting an ordeal. Well...you said it...but I think you are the only one I can think of.

Unless, of course, you consider carrying your ID an ordeal (it IS the law, you know?)

What we are saying is we should make it as easy as possible without comrpomising the integrity of the process.

Is the something wrong with wanting to maintian the integrity of the voting process where all that needs to be done is to carry a card that is likely in your wallet already?

If the left doesnt want Voter IDs lets do what they do in Iraq now permanent paint on their finger that last until after the election. Of course the left will say that is degrading..

Does that scare you?

Not at all.

getting a FREE valid photo ID is not an ordeal.

:scared1:
President Obama Has His Panties In An Uproar Over Most States Requiring Photo I.D. Just To VOTE !! What a travesty!:disbelief:
Most fair minded Americans find this laughable.:lol: They will complain that,hey! I need an I.D. just to get a library card,or beer,dog license&going to court. You will likely see Democrats&Conservatives argue this issue on Fox News for a year. Staunch Obama supporters are enraged that you will need proper photo I.D. to vote for President. If Obama,Pelosi & Reid had their way, it would be LAWLESS !!, Hey, no I.D. No Problem, so long as you want to vote Democratic, it's not required. You can even bring your dogs&cats,they are already Registered! Illegal Alien? Convicted Murderer? Registered Sex Offender? No Problem !!:banana:

Now take this issue and reverse it as if the Republicans were the minority in a losing position.
How do you think 40 Democratic Governors would handle it? :eusa_naughty::talk2hand::bye1::woohoo::woohoo:

Because these pricks can buy a SSN is this cuuuntry!

news.jpg

Yes they can. There are lucrative cottage industries operating providing just about any form of ID anybody wants. But because faked IDs are rather expensive, most don't do that but simply make up a SSN that might even be yours. Okay, so they are contributing to my social security fund? Cool? Sure, its cool until they use that social security number to buy something they don't pay for or on a driver's license associated with a bad accident or some other illegal activity that could take you years to clean up the record.

I have worked work comp claims on illegals who were using as many as three to five different social security numbers, different addresses, most which didn't exist, and various spellings and combinations of their names to make them more difficult to track down. So just have employers verify the social security number you say? That would only generate another cottage industry of some enterprising soul selling a name and social security number that match. And if that should happen to be yours, the chances escalate for your identify and credit rating and other important data to be seriously screwed up.

Does that scare you?

When those people are dead, from out of state and illegal aliens? Are you admitting that without fraud, your shameful party cannot win elections?
''dead people vote'', via absentee ballot, they don't walk in to their own polling booth.

Out of Staters would need to own a second home in florida and have registered under this address and would be assigned to the precinct that covers their address....

A VOTER ID WITH A PICTURE, would not stop EITHER of those voter fraud scenarios Uncensored.

this is one of the reasons I am against all the commotion for it....it seems to be a slight of hand,politicians making their constituants believe they are doing something about the illegals and illegal voting by having a picture id, WHILE IGNORING the REAL situations where people illegally vote....absentee ballot...along with the real problem of illegal voters, who already have a gvt id driver's license that will allow them to vote, while possibly prevent TRUE LEGAL VOTERS from voting because they don't have a picture id....like my husband's mother who didn't have a gvt id until she learned to drive in her 70's....and if she hadn't FINALLY decided she wanted to learn how to drive, she would have never had a gvt id, of any kind.

It all is a song and a dance, that does nothing to solve voter crimes that are probably in the thousands.........

because the dead, illegals, and such can't vote if they are required to show ID.

i always laugh at people who spout things like that.

illegals don't vote.

i know that breaks rightwingnut hearts.

you're above that kind of spew.
And you have proof they dont.. We have proof that Acorn did illegal things in the last election who is to say that having illegals vote is not one of them

Not at all.

why must you spin it?
Are you not comfortable with your position?

No one is saying we should make voting an ordeal. Well...you said it...but I think you are the only one I can think of.

Unless, of course, you consider carrying your ID an ordeal (it IS the law, you know?)

What we are saying is we should make it as easy as possible without comrpomising the integrity of the process.

Is the something wrong with wanting to maintian the integrity of the voting process where all that needs to be done is to carry a card that is likely in your wallet already?

I have no problem with that as long as it is equally applied

''dead people vote'', via absentee ballot, they don't walk in to their own polling booth.

Illegal aliens using SS#'s from dead people is very common.

Out of Staters would need to own a second home in florida and have registered under this address and would be assigned to the precinct that covers their address....

I live in Southern California, where fraud reigns. The democrats register to thousands of random houses and have illegals vote. Last election, there were 11 people registered to my house, we have only three people living in our house.

A VOTER ID WITH A PICTURE, would not stop EITHER of those voter fraud scenarios Uncensored.

It would keep 11 people from voting from my house.

this is one of the reasons I am against all the commotion for it....it seems to be a slight of hand,politicians making their constituants believe they are doing something about the illegals and illegal voting by having a picture id, WHILE IGNORING the REAL situations where people illegally vote....absentee ballot...along with the real problem of illegal voters, who already have a gvt id driver's license that will allow them to vote, while possibly prevent TRUE LEGAL VOTERS from voting because they don't have a picture id....like my husband's mother who didn't have a gvt id until she learned to drive in her 70's....and if she hadn't FINALLY decided she wanted to learn how to drive, she would have never had a gvt id, of any kind.

Most of the opposition to this seems to be from those who depend on voter fraud, i.e. the democrats.

It all is a song and a dance, that does nothing to solve voter crimes that are probably in the thousands.........

I disagree. Fraud is huge and 100% in favor of the dems.

The voter id was created to obstruct the voting process. They make people jump through all kinds of hoops before they can even get one.

It's just another GOP scheme.

Forum List

Back