Why Do "Desperate Democrats" Strongly Appose Voter Photo I.D. Requirement For 2012 ?

because the dead, illegals, and such can't vote if they are required to show ID.

i always laugh at people who spout things like that.

illegals don't vote.

i know that breaks rightwingnut hearts.

you're above that kind of spew.
And you have proof they dont.. We have proof that Acorn did illegal things in the last election who is to say that having illegals vote is not one of them
you do have proof that acorn employees were registering mickey mouse and even donald duck to vote, along with many others, like registering the same person 10 times.

BUT there is NO PROOF that any of those thousands, ever made it through the State vetting program, that checks out each registrant from Acorn and everyone, that turns the registration forms in to them....

in fact the State is where we got the numbers for the people that were NOT accepted by them due to this kind of registration fraud.

IT WAS NOT voter fraud....fyi....

and just for the exercise, IF it were the case where those registered fraudulently by acorn were not vetted out, how would an id stop that illegal at the voting booth if they are already on the voter roll and already have an id....

it wouldn't.

For those who are not legally entitled to vote.
:lol:

Hardly, it was designed to send people running all over the place looking for marriage licenses, etc. We don't need another card just to vote.

True, you don't need another card. Just a DL, ID, utility bill, all the things people actually living at the address they claim to be from have laying around.

You oppose this because you know it stops fraud.
it is voter PICTURED id that is opposed, not voter id....voter id using a ssan card along with say...ones electric bill is not a problem...though it still does not stop voter frauds of illegals from voting, since states have issued driver's licenses to illegals for decades now....

PLEASE TELL US or SHOW us, how any id at the voter polling spot will stop any voter crime that is really taking place? please tell us, how it will stop illegals from voting? explain it to us, pretty please!

my polling spot, requires me to give them my address, tell them what party i am registered under, and my name....i know the woman there...no one would ever try to vote in my name, they would be caught!!!

a thief trying to use my name would likely use absentee ballot.

we are being duped in to more gvt control over us, when this voter, pictured id being required, will do nothing to stop any meaningful voter crimes! i'm serious!

Can you just imagine what goes on in precincts run and protected by the Black Panthers?
i wouldn't be afraid of them, if they are anything like the ''old black panthers'' ....they use to monitor polling places to make certain blacks could cast their votes, and that whites and others would not stop them.....

For the life of me, I can't think of ANY reason to object to voter ID or making it as difficult as possible in every other way to commit voter fraud other than WANTING there to be voter fraud.

Is one set of candidates so flawed they cannot possibly be elected if elections are honest, fair, and free of corruption and fraud?

Is one set of candidates so unelectable that we MUST beg, bribe, and frighten people into voting for them? Must go out and get them? Show them where to make their mark?

Do some of you honestly think that is the best way to choose our elected leaders?

Or maybe if we re-establish a system in which it will be almost all informed and concerned citizens who vote for our leaders, maybe we might be better off? Would that be such a terrible thing?

For the record I want people to vote who aren't adverse to inconveniencing themselves a bit to do so. I DON'T want people voting who don't have a clue why or for whom they are voting.

Nutters have not taken the time to prove even a single case of voter fraud in this thread.

Illegals do not vote.

Acorn did not commit voter fraud.

A disproportionate number of voters who don't have a picture ID are minorities. Minorities haven't been inclined to vote Republican lately.

These laws are not needed....as voter fraud is not a problem in this country. They cost taxpayers money and they are a new form of poll tax for America's poor voters.

For the life of me, I can't think of ANY reason to object to voter ID or making it as difficult as possible in every other way to commit voter fraud other than WANTING there to be voter fraud.

Is one set of candidates so flawed they cannot possibly be elected if elections are honest, fair, and free of corruption and fraud?

Is one set of candidates so unelectable that we MUST beg, bribe, and frighten people into voting for them? Must go out and get them? Show them where to make their mark?

Do some of you honestly think that is the best way to choose our elected leaders?

Or maybe if we re-establish a system in which it will be almost all informed and concerned citizens who vote for our leaders, maybe we might be better off? Would that be such a terrible thing?

For the record I want people to vote who aren't adverse to inconveniencing themselves a bit to do so. I DON'T want people voting who don't have a clue why or for whom they are voting.

All bull. Please.....demonstrate cases of voter fraud that resulted from people not having picture ID at the polling station. Please.

The readiness with which you nutters BELIEVE anything you hear is fucking scary.

it is voter PICTURED id that is opposed,

In most cases, the democrats oppose any sort of ID.

not voter id....voter id using a ssan card along with say...ones electric bill is not a problem...though it still does not stop voter frauds of illegals from voting, since states have issued driver's licenses to illegals for decades now....

You're still missing the point.

PLEASE TELL US or SHOW us, how any id at the voter polling spot will stop any voter crime that is really taking place? please tell us, how it will stop illegals from voting? explain it to us, pretty please!

For the second time, the way the majority of fraud works is that months before the election, ACORN and other criminal organizations such as SEIU, register thousands and thousands of fraudulent names at random addresses.

On the day of the election, they pay illegals and indigents to vote, using these fraudulent registrations.

Now an illegal named Jose Martinez MIGHT have a drivers license, BUT that license DOESN'T say he is Mick E. Mausse living at 123 Opulence Dr. Beverley Hills, CA. If no ID is required, Jose just signs Mick E. Mausse, votes for Obama, and collects his $20, moving on to the next poll with the ACORN coordinator.

my polling spot, requires me t
o give them my address, tell them what party i am registered under, and my name....i know the woman there...no one would ever try to vote in my name, they would be caught!!!

Nope, they'll vote under a fictitious name using your address. ACORN registered the fake name to your address, so it's easy to do.

There is more scrutiny on the absentee ballots.

How much documented evidence of voter fraud can anyone come up with? Certainly there is some, but is it a problem only solved by the exclusion of some voters who don't have the required ID?

Voter fraud is statistically non-existent. There is consequently no justification for ID requirements save as a means to prevent perceived democratic voters from voting.

Note also in jurisdictions where an ID is required, Federal election law requires a provisional ballot be issued; no one is to be turned away from the polls because he has no ID. Of course that’s just what the GOP is counting on.

Voter fraud is statistically non-existent.

If that were true, you and your party wouldn't be fighting so hard to ensure voter fraud continues uninterrupted.

Voter fraud is rampant, and you'll do everything you can to keep it that way.

There is consequently no justification for ID requirements save as a means to prevent perceived democratic voters from voting.

Note also in jurisdictions where an ID is required, Federal election law requires a provisional ballot be issued; no one is to be turned away from the polls because he has no ID. Of course that’s just what the GOP is counting on.

why do the leftie loons NOT want to address the point made earlier that the left is claiming voter ID laws ONLY affect Democrats? They affect everyone. The only ones COMPLAINING about it are Democrats, because they apparently feel other Democrats are too stupid or lazy to obtain the proper ID.

Democrats are hoping for a real life "Dawn Of The Dead" scenario in Penn/Ohio and Fla. Only the mob of 8000 dead people head for the precincts.

not voter id....voter id using a ssan card along with say...ones electric bill is not a problem...though it still does not stop voter frauds of illegals from voting, since states have issued driver's licenses to illegals for decades now....

For the second time, the way the majority of fraud works is that months before the election, ACORN and other criminal organizations such as SEIU, register thousands and thousands of fraudulent names at random addresses.

On the day of the election, they pay illegals and indigents to vote, using these fraudulent registrations.

Now an illegal named Jose Martinez MIGHT have a drivers license, BUT that license DOESN'T say he is Mick E. Mausse living at 123 Opulence Dr. Beverley Hills, CA. If no ID is required, Jose just signs Mick E. Mausse, votes for Obama, and collects his $20, moving on to the next poll with the ACORN coordinator.

o give them my address, tell them what party i am registered under, and my name....i know the woman there...no one would ever try to vote in my name, they would be caught!!!
Nope, they'll vote under a fictitious name using your address. ACORN registered the fake name to your address, so it's easy to do.

they can't vote under a fictitious name.....they are not given a voter's registration card from Acorn, or anyone, whenever anyone registers to vote, the State office for voter registration VETS each registration, before they issue a voter registration card to them.

And no one can just come in to any polling place and say I want to vote here, if their name is not on the registered voter list at the place, they could be given a provisional ballot to vote, but provisional ballots are not counted unless the State can verify that the voter was already registered legally and that the voter had not voted early or through an absentee ballot etc...

NONE of the voters that acorn employees registered fraudulently to vote, ever made it through the State office vetting, and never were registered to vote.

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!

All the Dems have to do is get the dead people and illegals to vote by mail! Then there's no way to check ID!

BRILLIANT!
brilliant.jpg

How do you justify having people who bother to vote in person having to have an acceptable ID while those who vote by mail don't?

A very valid question.

Anyone?

Easy. you need to prove who you are at the time of requesting the absentee ballot.

Voter fraud is statistically non-existent.

If that were true, you and your party wouldn't be fighting so hard to ensure voter fraud continues uninterrupted.

Voter fraud is rampant, and you'll do everything you can to keep it that way.

There is consequently no justification for ID requirements save as a means to prevent perceived democratic voters from voting.

You can't prove this.

also, one other major problem with your scenario....

they could not use a fictitious name and my address....

his voter registration card, if he made it through the vetting (which he wouldn't), would be sent to my house...and I would report it....he would never know if he was accepted as a voter or not, and would never take the risk of having my address, receiving the voter registration card with a fictitious name on it....

I have no problem with voters showing IDs to vote as long as IDs are readily available and free

My only question for Republicans is how do you check the IDs of those who vote by mail?

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!

All the Dems have to do is get the dead people and illegals to vote by mail! Then there's no way to check ID!

BRILLIANT!
brilliant.jpg

How do you justify having people who bother to vote in person having to have an acceptable ID while those who vote by mail don't?

I call it a step in the right ( definitely not meant as a pun ) direction...something that is not impossible to work out...And folks now have at least a year to get their documents in order.There is plenty of time.

For those of you who live in a swing state (at this point,there's probably 12 of them) are you suspicious of fraud? I live in Florida, and I am very suspicious of heavily minority neighborhood in Broward and Dade counties (the good old days of the Gore/Bush debacle), but will add that I don't trust particular neighborhoods in Philly. Just look at some of the residents who are walking into stores and helping themselves to whatever they want{ Hmm, The Flash Mobs/aka/ Obama Supporters?}

Forum List

Back