Why Do Democrats Believe

Tell me, Pattycake. Do you have a dd214? If not, why not?

I do. I think we should get the benefits and pensions we were promised...just as cops, firefighters, teachers, road workers, etc. get the benefits and pensions they were promised...in exchange for lower pay.

The only problem with your theory is that they don't get lower pay, especially not cops and firemen. And the promises that were made to them were the result of politicians being bribed to make them with the taxpayers money.

I do. I think we should get the benefits and pensions we were promised...just as cops, firefighters, teachers, road workers, etc. get the benefits and pensions they were promised...in exchange for lower pay.

The only problem with your theory is that they don't get lower pay, especially not cops and firemen. And the promises that were made to them were the result of politicians being bribed to make them with the taxpayers money.

No. The problem is that when those promises were made, we had a healthy middle class who provided the revenue to pay for them. For the past thirty years, the corporatists have been running the show and that middle class has shrunk to the point of America being the world's largest Banana Republic, and because of those policies, there's not enough revenue to pay for those promises.

You want to end those promises? Fine....do it through attrition. New hires will get a 401k which government matches. They can plan for their retirement throughout their careers. Leave the people who have been counting on those pensions alone. Eventually, it will work itself out. That's what Senator Manchin did in West Virginia when he was governor of the state.....and it turned the state around.

Time for some generalizations...

Any time a liberal talks about government workers, they are always thinking of the best of the best cops/teachers/firemen.

Any time a conservative talks about government workers they are always talking about the worst of the worst, pencil pushers, redundant jobs, lazy sobs.

Why do they both perfer to focus on the exception and not the norm? Simple, it appeals to the base and furthers the rhetoric.

"pencil pushers, redundant jobs, lazy sobs."
That IS the norm.

Holy crap, more binary arguments. Either/or.

All of the above have significant value. The question is whether they're all held to high standards. My thought is that not all are.

And speaking of valuable people who should be held to high standards, I'd add parents to the list.

That teachers, firefighters, and policemen are the only Americans with value?

Answer? Because they're union.

Me?

I favor our military men and women, Democrats would slash their jobs in a heartbeat.

If analogies work, the military is more unionist than the public sphere. Consider pay scales, ranks, benefits, retirement, and defined roles.

Unions like lawyers provide a scale on which justice is sometimes balanced.

"...Is one’s individual freedom not increased by measures such as unemployment compensation, guaranteed health insurance, public pensions, higher wages, strong unions, state-funded or provided childcare—the whole panoply of social democracy that most libertarians see as not only irrelevant to but an infringement upon individual freedom?" Corey Robin When Libertarians Go to Work… « Corey Robin

Me?

I favor our military men and women, Democrats would slash their jobs in a heartbeat.

Wow, you just can't help yourself, can you.

:lol:

It is a shame that a union firefighter can't tell if the burning house that he is about to go in to, is the home of a union hating rethug. Wanna bet that house would burn to the ground?

To bad a caring teacher with a problem child of repug parents can't just send the little asshole home to his rethug parent. For good.

To bad the cop responding to a break in can't tell if the home invasion was to the home of a union hating rethug. And just leave you to your own B&E investagation.

Yes I do believe that if the union members of police, fire and teachers unions around the country were able to determine what rethug assholes hate them, you rethugs just might have a better appreciation of what they do.

Because they sure as hell wouldn't be "doing" it for you.

And I wouldn't blame them.

It is a shame that a union firefighter can't tell if the burning house that he is about to go in to, is the home of a union hating rethug. Wanna bet that house would burn to the ground?

To bad a caring teacher with a problem child of repug parents can't just send the little asshole home to his rethug parent. For good.

To bad the cop responding to a break in can't tell if the home invasion was to the home of a union hating rethug. And just leave you to your own B&E investagation.

Yes I do believe that if the union members of police, fire and teachers unions around the country were able to determine what rethug assholes hate them, you rethugs just might have a better appreciation of what they do.

Because they sure as hell wouldn't be "doing" it for you.

And I wouldn't blame them.

Well then hopefully they'll turn down our taxpayers donations to their paychecks.. he heee hee.

Me?

You have a dd214, correct?

Why should that matter? Because Willow didn't serve in the military means she shouldn't support our military? We're Americans, we can support whoever we wish....
And no, i don't support unions. But i support our military....
If i'm not supposed to support our military because I don't have a dd214, can i borrow my husbands? :)

Why is it required that to get a job in some places you must join the union? Why are some of the union dues you pay used to support a candidate you may not personally support?

life's hard sometimes, isn't it?

And it's not fair sometimes.....
I wouldn't want my union dues going to a dem candidate....but i would have no say in that. Now if they told you that you could designate where your money goes, that would be different. But they're taking my money to support someone i don't want.

Bush and the Reps added a record number of public sector jobs. That's what kept his total employment numbers up. Sneaky .... huh ?

Usually the econ gains public sector jobs after a recession, but not in this recovery because they were so loaded up under Bush and the Reps.

Ye shall know the truth .... and the truth shall set you free. Well, if it is an inconvenient truth ..... just ignore it.

$BUSHvOBAMA_jobsREV.png

Last edited:
It' right out of the Dimocrat Playbook.

Whenever spending cuts are proposed the scare/fear tactic is to claim it will result in fewer cops and firemen to protect the public and fewer teachers available to educate their loved ones.

But as someone noted above, it's never the DMV or other useless bureaucrats' job losses that get bandied about because those won't get the public excited.

Me?

We don't value them more than others...we can't understand the current RW need to devalue them.

We dont, we support them....liberals bitch if a cop slaps a prisoner that just killed 20 people....Id like to have seen them go Rodney King on the punk from Colorado

Really? Then you live in the wrong county. Have you considered Iran, their 'justice' system is exactly what want to see here.

What the fuck is a dd214, and why should I care?

A dd214 is a document showing that you served in the armed forces. The fact that you don't know what one is indicates that you didn't serve.
But, that's not your fault. The military doesn't hire nine year olds.
I'ts your DISCHARGE PAPERS moron, and the fact that YOU don't know what they were indicates YOU didn't serve.

STFU idiot.

Forum List

Back