Why do conservatives support immigration and trade restrictions?

How much is their labor worth collectively? We will lose all that.

Who is "we?" What do I care if the immigrant is no longer working here? He's also not consuming or sucking down government benefits.
We is the American people.
You see people are liabilities. That is inherently a liberal/progressive worldview. I see people as resources.
The truth is that illegal immigrants, being younger and healthier, use far less resources than similar classes of Americans.

And they should. After all, it's their country.

Just like they should have first dibs on job opportunities over foreigners. Just like they should get pay increases through the supply and demand process over foreigners. Just like they should be able communicate in their language over foreigners.

Our citizens should always come first over foreigners.
You understand a job is not a right or entitlement, yes? So no one "gets dibs" on jobs. That is merely rent seeking by less qualified people.

I never said a job was an entitlement or a right. It doesn't have to be to understand the simple concept that a government should prioritize their citizens over others when it comes to anything where government is concerned.

After all, if we do believe in the premise that our government is We The People, then We The People are the most important in our land.
You said Americans should get "dibs" on jobs. That makes jobs an entitlement. Why is it government's job to say whom an employer can hire and not?

How much is their labor worth collectively? We will lose all that.

Who is "we?" What do I care if the immigrant is no longer working here? He's also not consuming or sucking down government benefits.
You see people are liabilities. That is inherently a liberal/progressive worldview. I see people as resources.
The truth is that illegal immigrants, being younger and healthier, use far less resources than similar classes of Americans.

Just like they should have first dibs on job opportunities over foreigners. Just like they should get pay increases through the supply and demand process over foreigners. Just like they should be able communicate in their language over foreigners.

You understand a job is not a right or entitlement, yes? So no one "gets dibs" on jobs. That is merely rent seeking by less qualified people.

I never said a job was an entitlement or a right. It doesn't have to be to understand the simple concept that a government should prioritize their citizens over others when it comes to anything where government is concerned.

After all, if we do believe in the premise that our government is We The People, then We The People are the most important in our land.

You just can't argue with the open borders traitors. You have to be totally irrational to ever hold such a position, so using reason to get them to change it is an exercise in futility.

You just can't argue with the open borders traitors. You have to totally irrational to ever hold such a position, so using reason to get them to change it is an exercise in futility.
Translation: I can find no authority in the Constitution for the federal government to regulate entry into the US.

Boy, bring up immigration and the self-declared conservatives morph into the biggest statists anyone ever saw. Bernie Sanders is like Lew Rockwell compared to you people.

You just can't argue with the open borders traitors. You have to totally irrational to ever hold such a position, so using reason to get them to change it is an exercise in futility.
Translation: I can find no authority in the Constitution for the federal government to regulate entry into the US.

Boy, bring up immigration and the self-declared conservatives morph into the biggest statists anyone ever saw. Bernie Sanders is like Lew Rockwell compared to you people.

Where is the authority that says the American navy can fire on foreign vessels in our water?

Where is the authority that says the American navy can fire on foreign vessels in our water?
Article II Section 2.

Crime and drugs among illegals is less than it is for comparable native-born people. We should swap Mexico their illegals for our inner city ghetto dwellers.

If that the case why is 1/3 to 1/2 CA jails full with Illegals? They are not more than 10% of population? I know, now you will say they are in there because they "caught" being illegal. I ain't looking it up. I ain't working that hard right now.

secondly: if the heroin/coke pipeline shut down, maybe inner city not end up so bad? It can't be helping? Now you say the drugs would just come thru airplane to Miami. whatever? I don't have answers.

You said Americans should get "dibs" on jobs. That makes jobs an entitlement. Why is it government's job to say whom an employer can hire and not?

You are confused. There is a difference between entitlements and priorities.

I never said that government should be involved in the hiring process. But it's government that either allows or disallows these foreigners to come here and take our jobs. If the government sees industry hiring foreigners over Americans and paying them less, it is the duty of government to limit those foreigners until more Americans are working.

Without government intervention, they are taking the position of prioritizing foreigners over Americans simply by ignoring the problem. Our federal and state governments are for the American people, not for the people of the world.

I never said that government should be involved in the hiring process. But it's government that either allows or disallows these foreigners to come here and take our jobs. If the government sees industry hiring foreigners over Americans and paying them less, it is the duty of government to limit those foreigners until more Americans are working.

Without government intervention, they are taking the position of prioritizing foreigners over Americans simply by ignoring the problem. Our federal and state governments are for the American people, not for the people of the world.
So you want government dictating to private businesses whom they can hire? You have contradicted yourself in one post. First you say you never said gov't should be involved in the hiring process. Then you said it is the duty of government to limit those foreigners until more Americans are workng.
Which is it?

Crime and drugs among illegals is less than it is for comparable native-born people. We should swap Mexico their illegals for our inner city ghetto dwellers.

If that the case why is 1/3 to 1/2 CA jails full with Illegals? They are not more than 10% of population? I know, now you will say they are in there because they "caught" being illegal. I ain't looking it up. I ain't working that hard right now.

secondly: if the heroin/coke pipeline shut down, maybe inner city not end up so bad? It can't be helping? Now you say the drugs would just come thru airplane to Miami. whatever? I don't have answers.

From what I understand, the drug lords are sneaking people into this country loaded with heroin and other narcotics. They know how to get them in here, and in return, they must deliver the drugs that eventually get passed out among our people.

So you want government dictating to private businesses whom they can hire? You have contradicted yourself in one post. First you say you never said gov't should be involved in the hiring process. Then you said it is the duty of government to limit those foreigners until more Americans are workng.
Which is it?

It's both.

Government creating and enforcing immigration regulations (and sticking to them) is not part of the private business hiring process. That's for the business to sort out.

But what we are seeing right now is government catering to these people. They are law breakers and treated better than the American citizens. That's the problem.

Immigration reform? Just what is immigration reform? Immigration reform is a bunch of illegals demanding we change our immigration policies for them. That's not how it's supposed to work.

Some banks are giving illegals loans. Some states are giving them drivers licenses. It's not bad enough they take our jobs, but now state governments want to make it more convenient for them to be able to get to those jobs. For crying out loud, when I went to vote in the primary, all the signs and ballots were written in Spanish and English. If that's not catering to them, then what is?

Article II Section 2.

Please quote the text that says he can order our navy to destroy a foreign vessel.

Article II Section 2.

Please quote the text that says he can order our navy to destroy a foreign vessel.

Quote the text in the Constitution that requires every specific circumstance must be elaborately covered in the Constitution.

We have given away all our jobs that used to be made here to other countries, so we can be a good globull neighbor. so HERE we are now, NO jobs... 20 MILLION illegal immigrants here and more streaming in every day AND they come in and take jobs away from the legal citizens. look at our Economy. it's pathetic and so is our country. we need to shut off immigration for now and get jobs back so people can get back to making a living and supporting themselves and their families.

Obama recruited BMW to the US? Wow, who knew?
You understand that Obama is not responsible for every single thing in this country, right? Manythings, yes. Like the worst economy since before WW2.
Those brands are made here in the US. Ergo they are domestic car makers. What part of "domestic"do you not get?

Oh, I get all right. Any good under Obama's watch, nothing to do with him. Any bad? All his fault. Not too hard to figure out with partisan hacks like you.

Those brands may be made in the US, but they are not US brands. Which part of that don't you get?

[
Of course they were. So was Nissan. Dr Grump is a moron, hardly news for anyone familiar with his posts.

The wind my dog just passed shows more signs of intelligence than any sentence you've ever written. What you prove time and time again is you have very little knowledge about anything. Just misinformation and moot points.

Obama recruited BMW to the US? Wow, who knew?
You understand that Obama is not responsible for every single thing in this country, right? Manythings, yes. Like the worst economy since before WW2.
Those brands are made here in the US. Ergo they are domestic car makers. What part of "domestic"do you not get?

Oh, I get all right. Any good under Obama's watch, nothing to do with him. Any bad? All his fault. Not too hard to figure out with partisan hacks like you.

Those brands may be made in the US, but they are not US brands. Which part of that don't you get?
No you dont get it and I never claimed those things. You however claim the opposite. Any good under Obama is due to him, anything bad is Bush's fault.
Those brands are part of the American car market as they are made and sold in America. They employ American workers.
Or do you want to redefine America to include only those parts run by Democrats for years?

[
Of course they were. So was Nissan. Dr Grump is a moron, hardly news for anyone familiar with his posts.

The wind my dog just passed shows more signs of intelligence than any sentence you've ever written. What you prove time and time again is you have very little knowledge about anything. Just misinformation and moot points.
You consistently piss yourself on these threads demonstrating how little you know. You claim the American auto industry is failing while in fact they are making record profits due to low gas prices. You have been listening to your dog's wind rather than anything with information in it.

Forum List

Back