Why do Christians Strongly Disagree with Science and Distrust Scientists

No, you just like to hear yourself say the same trite and stupid things over and over again.

Great point, Allie.:eusa_eh:

Are you on a debate team or something, cause, I tell you what, you've totally convinced me that what you're saying is absolutely correct!

it's pretty simple really. Not one scientific theory is any more plausible, nor supported by any more evidence that religious creation.

Religious creation can't even qualify as a scientific theory.

I guess the real question would be is why science religionists spend sop damned much time trying to prove there is no God when you can't?

I've never seen a scientist try to prove the non-existence of God. It can't be done because it is an illogical challenge - you can't prove the non-existence of anything.

Thread after thread on this board is nothing but science worshippers and those who believe in not believing trying their best to demean, discredit, ridicule nd otherwise insult Christians; which, is nothing more than a big neon sign that says "Insecurity Here!"

If you're so strong in your beliefs, don't worry about what I believe. Of course, that would actually be liberal of you and we couldn't have THAT, could we?

If someone tries to impose their religion on the rest of the population by having the government endorse it, we MUST necessarily pick it apart to demonstrate why that can't happen. If your religious beliefs don't jive with science and pointing that out is an insult to you, that is not our problem. It has nothing to do with insecurity.

You miss my point. Scientific theories of creation don't qualify as science.

By their very theories science tries to disprove God, but I didn't say scientists. Whether or not you can prove a negative is irrelevant to the fact that you and others daily do your damnedest to convince people here there isn't one.

No one's trying to legislate anything on this board, so yeah, it IS insecurity. You people have to keep up the front of continual denial so afraid are you of questioning your beliefs.

And again, there is no factual science that disagrees with my beliefs. The fallacy to your argument is that science is infallible, and the science's theories of origin are actually science. They are not. Guesswork with no REAL evidence.

You pointing that out to me doesn't amount to a hill of beans to me. I'm not offended by you. Actually, you and those like you that make the arguments you do don't do anything more than get laughter out of me. You're all as bad as ANY fundy religionist I've ever heard or seen. You've just chosen a different religion.

No.... I think you're a broken record b/c you are one.

Great logic. I am a broken record because I am one. Can't argue with that!

You only have one topic ever on your mind and you talk it to death. Hopefully there are more dimensions to your personality than worrying about gay marriage, especially when you continually claim to not be gay. :lol:

Isn't this thread about science and religion and not gay marriage?

Do I continually claim not to be gay? Well, Ms. Requires Evidence, please post links to those claims that I make not to be gay? When you don't find them you'll know that its because I feel no need to claim that I'm not gay, first of all because there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and secondly, because I'm not gay. Pretty simple.

I only remember what it worth being remembered. You once said something about your entire family being 'highly educated' and involved in academia and having the same beliefs that you do. Doesn't sound like a 'christian' upbringing to me. What church did you go too?

Well, you can keep trying to catch me in a lie, but you won't because...? I'm not lying.

I went to many different churches:

My mother had custody of me so from about the age of 5 to 7 I went to a Nazarene church. When I was eight my mother married a Catholic and so we went to Catholic church. But then my parents got lazy and drunk, and every Sunday morning a bus picked me up and took me to a non-denominational church. It wasn't my choice. I was forced to go. Then my grandparents took me with them back to the Nazarene church. Then I went to another non-denominational church on Tuesday evenings because all of my friends were religious. I also went to a Methodist church once, but got kicked out when they preached that homosexuals were going to burn in hell and I protested about it. I went to a bunch of different churches and I can't remember them all. I was in Kiwanis for a little while. I don't remember what kind of church it was.

My father's side of the family, however, are agnostics, academics and rocket scientists (so engineers), highly educated, liberal and politically active. But like I said earlier, and once again for your understanding I am forced to repeat myself, my father didn't raise me.

So, you can believe that or not. Doesn't matter if you believe it because its true.

By their very theories science tries to disprove God, but I didn't say scientists. Whether or not you can prove a negative is irrelevant to the fact that you and others daily do your damnedest to convince people here there isn't one.

No one's trying to legislate anything on this board, so yeah, it IS insecurity. You people have to keep up the front of continual denial so afraid are you of questioning your beliefs.

And again, there is no factual science that disagrees with my beliefs. The fallacy to your argument is that science is infallible, and the science's theories of origin are actually science. They are not. Guesswork with no REAL evidence.

You pointing that out to me doesn't amount to a hill of beans to me. I'm not offended by you. Actually, you and those like you that make the arguments you do don't do anything more than get laughter out of me. You're all as bad as ANY fundy religionist I've ever heard or seen. You've just chosen a different religion.

But you know Gunny, if the creationists would get together, actually apply some scientific deduction to their stuff, as well as use science to prove it, they COULD get it put into text books.

I watch a lot of History and Discovery channel, and some of the archaeology that I've seen, they have a good start on proving the Bible.

But they gotta quit saying "God did it" and start saying "this is HOW God did it".

Dear Colorado mt man,

You are not alone in your doubt....even the Apostle Thomas doubted, and he lived along side of Christ!

I dedicate this STYX song to you! ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXf2PbEPQ-Y[/ame]

(Dennis DeYoung)

Every night I say a prayer in the hopes that there's a heaven
And every day I'm more confused as the saints turn into sinners
All the heroes and legends I knew as a child have fallen to idols of clay
And I feel this empty place inside so afraid that I've lost my faith

Show me the way, show me the way
Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Please, Show me the way

As I slowly drift to sleep, for a moment dreams are sacred
Close my eyes and know there's peace in a world so filled with hatred
That I wake up each morning and turn on the news to find we've so far to go
And I keep on hoping for a sign, so afraid that I just won't know

Show me the way, Show me the way
bring me tonight to the mountain
And take my confusion away
(and show me the way)

And if I see A light, should I believe
Tell me how will I know?

Take me tonight to the river
And wash my illusions away
Give me the strength and the courage
To believe that I'll get there someday
Show me the way

Every night I say a prayer
In the hopes that there's a heaven...

Last edited:

But you know Gunny, if the creationists would get together, actually apply some scientific deduction to their stuff, as well as use science to prove it, they COULD get it put into text books.

I watch a lot of History and Discovery channel, and some of the archaeology that I've seen, they have a good start on proving the Bible.

But they gotta quit saying "God did it" and start saying "this is HOW God did it".

Yawn.

i have never meet a christian that is even close to meeting the accusation levied in the op.....not to mention i can't think of a christian here that meets the definition....

why is it so impossible that both could be true .....

Last edited:
i have never meet a christian that is even close to meeting the accusation levied in the op.....not to mention i can't think of a christian here that meets the definition....

That's what's always puzzled me.

Are y'all done w/ the jerry Springer bitch fight? CVoloreado-whatever: you have said repeatedly that you never said 'all'; stop responding to their pathetic attempts to avoid the matter by attacking you

All Christians dislike science, because logic is the antithesis of faith.

no offense, but that's really stupid.

Faith: Belief without evidence
Science: 'On the word of noone'; belief nothing the evidence does not suggest.

Seems to me that xotoxi was spot-on
OTE]

Science does not try to discredit religion. It tries to answer questions in an empirical manner. If this discredits religion, that's that problem for religion.

Science fills in the gaps, giving 'god' less places to hide; that is why theists abhor science the moment it begins to demonstrate their folly

It's not so much that a lot of Christians hate science, it's just that it's easier to say "God did it", so that they don't have to investigate any further.

Religion is the final hiding place of the ignorant mind upon reaching the limits of understanding. It is a trap into which many greats have fallen

I find science absolutely fascinating yet I believe in God as the Creator of this Universe. I am a baptized Christian as well.

Could you explain that one for us?

Because you are a neochristian who adheres largely to neodeistic beliefs

Probably for the same reason that science worshippers try to discredit religion.

The reasonable discredit all fallacious hypotheses- just look at the 'plum pudding model'

also, i recently read an article that the catholic church put out a statement that they

catholics don't believe the bible in the first place. See :scapulars, indulgences, anathemas, grace-through-faith, salvation through acts, calling an earthly man 'Father', confession...

What did adam and eve look like? Where they pseudo-bacteria? How can god order incest., then condemn it? The bible is self-contradictory; only an idiot with no ability to reason for him/herself can follow such a thing.

Consistency: The first sign of a reasonable ideology

the abrahamites lack it

Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
Science does not try to discredit religion. It tries to answer questions in an empirical manner. If this discredits religion, that's that problem for religion.
Science fills in the gaps, giving 'god' less places to hide; that is why theists abhor science the moment it begins to demonstrate their folly

J, my friend, you have misquoted me. Actually the person who made that statement was Toro in a post before my own. I had quoted him.

I am a Christian and for the record, I do not abhor science, in fact, I find it fascinating. Simply because I do not buy the explanation of members of this board as to what Evolution really is, does not mean that I abhor science. I may not agree with the primordial muck "theory" or that I am a direct descendant of apes (despite what my mother always claimed), but that does not mean that I hate science nor does it mean that I am blind to the evidence that has been laid out before me. I, for one, believe that Darwin was on the right track and that "Evolution" answers some of the questions but not all of them. Maybe some day we will have all the answers, until such a time, I reserve the right not to add Cheetah, the Chimpanzee, to my family tree.

And one more thing... welcome to USMB. I look forward to reading more of your input.

Immie

Last edited:
Again, WHY IS IT that those without religion find it necessary to lie about those of us that are religious and do believe in the various sciences we have out there?

Why do these guys HAVE to tell ME what I think or believe?

Is this the ONLY way they can try to make some idiotic, untrue, point?

That has been my contension as well, and I said that to him in a different thread on the same topic many weeks ago, they are not mutually exclusive. But, he's more worried about bashing and insulting the religion and its followers. His agenda isn't to really learn anything.

Again, WHY IS IT that those without religion find it necessary to lie about those of us that are religious and do believe in the various sciences we have out there?

Why do these guys HAVE to tell ME what I think or believe?

Is this the ONLY way they can try to make some idiotic, untrue, point?

Pretty much.

Dear Colorado mt man,

You are not alone in your doubt....even the Apostle Thomas doubted, and he lived along side of Christ!

I dedicate this STYX song to you! ;)

Styx?! Care, I never would've thought you were a dork! Just kidding.

Thanks, for the music.

Forum List

Back