Why do Americans still call Native Americans as Indians and not American?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
Speaking about the real racism in America...
I know it's not the best way to put it, but I as an Indian find it very..odd?!.. and if I may say a bit offended. India is a different country and a very old surviving civilization. I think everyone in USA should be called americans, and if you guys still need a race differentiation, Native americans should be called Americans, Caucasians as European Americans, and Blacks as African Americans.
Am I mistaken again?

Speaking about the real racism in America...
I know it's not the best way to put it, but I as an Indian find it very..odd?!.. and if I may say a bit offended. India is a different country and a very old surviving civilization. I think everyone in USA should be called americans, and if you guys still need a race differentiation, Native americans should be called Americans, Caucasians as European Americans, and Blacks as African Americans.
Am I mistaken again?
You are mistaken as the term African American IS racist. It divides BEFORE addressing the greater group. True proper terms would be American African or American Native. American is the ALL inclusive group thus should go first.

Native American is the only "PC" term I do use. Mostly because a better one hasn't been thought up of in hundreds of years. African American is too long winded, and hasn't even caught on among blacks. :D

Well as granny told me the proper term for us us Red Skin. Then again I'm descended from holdouts that the Army and Alabama militia bypassed out of shear terror. We kind of like getting into your face.

I call them drunken welfare bum injuns. Like blacks very few have the brains to become engineers or businessmen or scientists - the people who create wealth and advance america.

I call them drunken welfare bum injuns. Like blacks very few have the brains to become engineers or businessmen or scientists - the people who create wealth and advance america.
I was looking for you, my dear ideal American racist. Please, be serious and reply to my thread properly.
Why do you still call Native Americans as Indians and not American?
Do you dislike them like black population or even more?

What's the difference? They didn't call themselves "Americans" before we got here. That's a name we fucking made up based on one of our dead white guys.
I mean, if we wanted to be respectful, we'd distinguish by tribes. Otherwise, I don't think it matters which wrong name we give them.

Native American is the only "PC" term I do use. Mostly because a better one hasn't been thought up of in hundreds of years. African American is too long winded, and hasn't even caught on among blacks. :D

I like African-Canadian. But only if bro's live in Canada. :)

Indians arent American. They didnt build this nation. They live on their own land with their own tribal laws and they dont pay taxes. They contribute basically nothing to this nation, therefore they arent Americans. Did i mention how extremely xenophobic they are too? They dont like us and they want nothing to do with us. I cant think of a more un-American group in this nation.

Hubby said First Americans or Native Americans is what he prefers. (Yavapai Apache).

What's the difference? They didn't call themselves "Americans" before we got here. That's a name we fucking made up based on one of our dead white guys.
I mean, if we wanted to be respectful, we'd distinguish by tribes. Otherwise, I don't think it matters which wrong name we give them.
Because the bumbling idiot Columbus thought he was in India. Why continue the sham by calling them Indians?

We injun's don't really call each other by any other name but our first name or professional title-duh...

Forum List

Back