Why Didn't The Biden Admin Prevent The Ohio Governor From Burning Toxic Chemicals??

Get a grip, people. The aftermath of the derailment was a bad situation with no happy outcomes. They took the one that generated the least adverse outcome overall.

As for the fumes, etc., how can anyone forget the litigious society in which we live? People are whining and "expressing concern" about anything and everything, hoping to position themselves for a future lawsuit or payout. Anyone in that geographic area (or downstream) who gets sick or dies for the next 40 years is going to try to pin this on the biggest company associated with this accident...and that's what it was, an ACCIDENT. A wheel bearing on a railcar that wore out.

In this case, the expression, "Move along folks...nothing to see here," is entirely apropos.

'I have not called him back': DeWine suggests he turned down federal assistance for train wreck"

Why didn't Biden force Dewine to accept their help??

Why did they do nothing when they offered federal funds and Dewine turned it down?

They should have known that Dewine was just being prideful as he generally opposes the feds sticking their nose in state affairs....they should have forced him to accept it....

That's the problem with big government Dems, always sticking their nose where it doesn't belong...

Did you feel the same way about the Flint water crisis? That lead poisoning will have lasting negative effects on the people there for years to come.....but don't recall much conservative outrage about it....

"A number of Republican operatives and allies Friday lamented that the GOP has largely been ignoring the water crisis in Flint and warned that it sends a terrible message to the nation. This is an amoral display of political apathy by Republican leaders. Their failure to run to the crisis, roll up their sleeves and pitch in tells the world that we are still the same old Republicans who only care about those who would vote for or contribute to them”

Wonder why that was different from this? Especially when you consider, people actually died from it.....but I am glad republicans are onboard with stronger regulations and environmental protections now...

So are you saying Biden and the gay one are ignoring the issues with toxic air in Ohio because republicans didn't pay enough attention to the water in Flint? With as much as the gay one panders to the black community I wouldn't be surprised if he made such a comparison.

So are you saying Biden and the gay one are ignoring the issues with toxic air in Ohio because republicans didn't pay enough attention to the water in Flint? With as much as the gay one panders to the black community I wouldn't be surprised if he made such a comparison.
Nope....but if it makes you feel better to believe they did...so be it..

But to recap, are you on the "Biden and Buttigieg ordered the train derailment to attack rural whites" bandwagon

or are you just on "I just want to blame things on fags I don't like" bandwagon

I'm guessing both

but thanks for confirming that you didn't give a fuck about Flint

By the way, do you think Biden should have forced Dewine to accept federal assistance when he offered??

I mean, if Dewine accepted it - it would look like Biden isn't ignoring the issue.....

Nope....but if it makes you feel better to believe they did...so be it..

But to recap, are you on the "Biden and Buttigieg ordered the train derailment to attack rural whites" bandwagon

or are you just on "I just want to blame things on fags I don't like" bandwagon

I'm guessing both

but thanks for confirming that you didn't give a fuck about Flint

I believe it was an accident and the controlled burn was the safest clean-up option.

Buttigege isn't being blamed form the accident but for his ignoring the accident.

I believe it was an accident and the controlled burn was the safest clean-up option.

Buttigege isn't being blamed form the accident but for his ignoring the accident.
Birds and fish dying in large numbers prove that burning the chemicals was not effective.

"Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and state officials provided an update on the East Palestine train derailment at a press conference on Tuesday. The briefing came nearly a week after an evacuation order was lifted and residents within a mile of the crash were permitted to return to their homes. Residents remain concerned about safety and odors from potentially toxic chemicals like vinyl chloride remain in the air, but Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff says air quality levels remain normal. Due to risk of explosion, the Norfolk Southern Railway conducted a "controlled release" of vinyl chloride from five derailed cars, something DeWine ordered after saying it was the least of "two bad options." In all, the National Transportation Safety Board confirms 10 wrecked cars contained hazardous materials, but DeWine says the train was not designated as having "high-hazardous material," and therefore the railroad was not required to notify Ohio officials of the exact contents on board.

While authorities say the risk to public drinking water remains very low, Vanderhoff did suggest those in East Palestine and along the east part of the Ohio River drink bottled water in the short term. DeWine concurred, but did say he would feel comfortable going back home if he lived in East Palestine. Multiple lawsuits have already been filed against Norfolk Southern seeking monetary damages and medical testing. "Norfolk Southern is responsible for this problem," DeWine declared, also threatening potential legal action from Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost. "The impact on this community is huge."

What the hell is this DeWine guy talking about? This is what happens when you let Democrats control your state, you get this kind of incompetence. The drinking water is safe? Really? Why don't you drink some of it then Mr. Governor? And to say he ordered the control burning of dangerous toxic chemicals into our environment because it was Norfolk Southern's decision? Are you kidding? Why are you throwing this company under the bus when we all know it was that fag Transportation Secretary and Biden who sabotaged the train in the first place.

They are the ones who told you to do this, not Norfolk Southern. And now you are blaming the rail company for this and demanding they be held accountable? Even threatening them with legal action? Why are you not demanding Biden and that fag be thrown in prison for the attempted murder of well over one hundred thousand white Christians? Biden and the Dems have essentially declared war on Christianity with this attack. Why is he covering for the Biden admin?

DeWine did not pull the options out of his ass. He was briefed by his Dept of Health Director, & the EPA SHOULD have rushed in almost immediately. (The way Buttigieg has been MIA on this, who knows.) The EPA shoumd have been consulted every step of the way, if not in charge of the entire thing.

DeWine did not pull the options out of his ass. He was briefed by his Dept of Health Director, & the EPA SHOULD have rushed in almost immediately. (The way Buttigieg has been MIA on this, who knows.) The EPA shoumd have been consulted every step of the way, if not in charge of the entire thing.
Buttigieg dropped the ball again.

What were the other solutions for clean-up that won't have resulted in wildlife deaths?

Has anyone actually identified whether it was the leaking of nearly 1 million pounds of toxins or the acid bi-product resulting from the burn that contaminated the water and killed wildlife / pets?

Buttigieg dropped the ball again.
Buttigieg is in charge of Transportation, and this accident falls in his jurisdiction; however, as mentioned, it was more important for the EPA to step in immediately.

Birds and fish dying in large numbers prove that burning the chemicals was not effective.

How large?

Would less have died had they not burned them?

Do you have any knowledge or education on the chemicals involved?

Buttigieg needs to investigate the report that 2 electronic sensors (that detect train axel heat) located in 2 towns prior to Palestine detected heat from one of the train car's axels.

There are 2 video images from 2 locations in the towns prior to Palestine showing sparks coming from under the train car as it was traveling.

The sensors are supposed to send a signal to the train.

Did the sensors work and send a signal to the train?

When did this occur, and where was the train when it received the signal, if it received the signal?

If the conductor received the signal, did he try to stop the train? If so, was this action the cause of the axel potentially snapping and causing the accident....

....or did the axel just snap in Palestine?

Reports seem to show the train car's axel was the source of potential mechanical failure, and the sensor boxes that should have picked up the heat from the sparks are of critical importance in this case .... after the fact and to possibly prevent future accidents.

Forum List

Back