Why Did The South Secede?

One state mentioning Lincoln's hostility to slavery does not indicate South Carolina's desire to go to war to keep slavery. It also does not prove that the entire Confederacy went to war to keep slavery. Yes SC used Lincoln's hostility toward slavery as one reason for seceding, but the bigger reason was the subversion of the Constitution by the fed gov.

The Confederacy went to war because Lincoln invaded. Had Lincoln not invaded, the Civil War would never have occurred. So logically, the war was started and prosecuted by Lincoln and not the seceding states.

LOL, how might Lincoln have invaded property already owned by the Federal Government?

See: The First Shot of the Civil War 1861

So...you and RW think since the South fired on Ft Sumter, in which no one was killed or injured and Lincoln purposely set up the event to occur, means Lincoln was justified in waging total war against the South.

Warmongering fools..

800k Americans died and half the nation was destroyed...all because the South fired a few shots on Ft Sumter.

CRAZY!!!

Gip, all the evidence indicates the major reason was that the South was afraid it could not practice states' rights in continuing to enslave humans.

Conversation paperview who can give you a thorough seminar on the issue, because you seem to be working from confirmation bias unfounded on the evidence as a whole.

Bull shit.

Many leaders in the South knew slavery could not continue and its days were numbered. It matters not....since slavery was not the reason Lincoln prosecuted total war on the South. I hope you know that. If not, we can't go any further. Again...had Lincoln not invaded, there would be no Civil War. So logically....now....Lincoln was the aggressor. Get it?

Gip, traitors fired on Old Glory flying above Ft Sumter. People died because they would not surrender.

Everybody on the scene said it was slavery.

Your opinion means absolutely nothing other than a look into your strange mind.

Gip, traitors fired on Old Glory flying above Ft Sumter.

Traitors....that is foolish.

So now Lincoln was justified in murdering thousands of southerns, because they were traitors. If that be the case, every state in all of history has the right to kill anyone who opposes it....

Are you a totalitarian or just ignorant?

Yes. That is just what I believe.

------------

“Corner Stone” Speech
Confederate Vice President Alexander H. Stephens
Savannah, Georgia
March 21, 1861

The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.
8220 Corner Stone 8221 Speech Teaching American History

In that case, you're wrong.

Not a new condition for you.

PC can't simply disagree, she must always add the personal attack - I guess it makes her feel superior, and that suggests on some level she knows how prosaic she is, and appears to most of us.

Wadda ya' mean FEEL superior??????

I guessed it made you feel superior, I'm sure others believe, as do I, that prosaic fits you like a second skin.

Midgets like you attempt to contend.....how could I not feel superior??

I mean, really.

LOL, I'll put my CAL degree up against your Jr. College Degree, as well as my MMPI vis a vis your most recent 5150 evaluation.

One state mentioning Lincoln's hostility to slavery does not indicate South Carolina's desire to go to war to keep slavery. It also does not prove that the entire Confederacy went to war to keep slavery. Yes SC used Lincoln's hostility toward slavery as one reason for seceding, but the bigger reason was the subversion of the Constitution by the fed gov.

The Confederacy went to war because Lincoln invaded. Had Lincoln not invaded, the Civil War would never have occurred. So logically, the war was started and prosecuted by Lincoln and not the seceding states.

LOL, how might Lincoln have invaded property already owned by the Federal Government?

So...you and RW think since the South fired on Ft Sumter, in which no one was killed or injured and Lincoln purposely set up the event to occur, means Lincoln was justified in waging total war against the South.

Warmongering fools..

800k Americans died and half the nation was destroyed...all because the South fired a few shots on Ft Sumter.

CRAZY!!!

I like your signature, it demonstrates some introspection, Though, I'm not sure you're really crazy, but sensible you are not.

Warmongering fools..

CRAZY!!!
The US flag was flying over Ft Sumter

The traitorous south fired upon it

So now Lincoln was justified in murdering thousands of southerns, because they were traitors. If that be the case, every state in all of history has the right to kill anyone who opposes it....

Call it want you want

Traitors, slavers, tyrants

someone, ask gip if you can help him with basic terms and definitions.

He is entitled to his own opinions but not his own facts.

Warmongering fools..

CRAZY!!!
The US flag was flying over Ft Sumter

The traitorous south fired upon it

Yep...so let's kill them damn Southerns and destroy their property.

Seems justified to those brainwashed by the State.

Call it want you want

Traitors, slavers, tyrants

And they are all worthy of DEATH by the State...because a few of them fired a few cannonballs on a state owned fort...in which no one died or was injured.

Seems like a most tyrannical intolerant statist opinion to me...but the Lincoln Cult has turned many Americans into mindless statist drones.

US forts across the south had lowered their flags and removed their commands, giving them over to state troops, peacefully. Lincoln needed a pretext for a war that the northern population was disinclined to fight. Resupplying Sumter with troops and munitions violated prior agreements against doing so. A fully armed Sumter would effectively close Charleston Harbor. Beauregard failed to see the bigger picture, that the nascent country was ill prepared to fight its larger neighbor and instructed his batteries to fire.

Last edited:
US forts across the south had lowered their flags and removed their commands, giving them over to state troops, peacefully. Lincoln needed a pretext for a war that the northern population was disinclined to fight. Resupplying Sumpter with troops and munitions violated prior agreements against doing so. A fully armed Sumpter would effectively close Charleston Harbor. Beauregard failed to see the bigger picture, that the naescent country was ill prepared to fight its larger neighbor and instructed his batteries to fire.

Agreed. Lincoln set up events at the fort in the hopes the South fired on it. They did and for this, they are ALL deserving of death and destruction by the State.

Lincoln fooled many in the North with his tyrannical actions....amazingly he continues to fool Americans today.

Lincoln enforced the law, and the traitors, similar to jihadists, broke the law.

Well you guys sure want to justify Lincoln's murderous actions...it is getting tougher for you.

So if one breaks the law, total war, death and destruction are justifiable actions to be taken by the state

Is it any wonder America is in so much trouble, when so many American's are brainwashed by the state?

Forum List

Back