Why Chris Christie is a bad idea for the GOP.

And could you assess their chances in a Presidential campaign? Between the debates, the campaign and other opportunities to generally piss off or other wise alienate fellow Americans and commit gaffs (Rick Perry's Oops! e.g.) could any of those moon bayers really pull off a national victory?

Unlike the democrats and you liberal republicans, we don't put Win at the Expence of our Principles first. We look at a candidate principles and character first not "can he win?". If we have to run democrat lite to win then what the fuck is the point?

that is a noble approach but absolutely without any perspective of ever materializing. It is not a contest between medieval knights - it's politics.
unless the main goal is first to win and then govern according the principles ( where possible) - this flying in the clouds will continue.

If we have to run someone who is democrat lite then wtf is the point?

Does anyone with a whit of political knowledge believe that the Tea Party faction can field a candidate who:

Can win a national election

Govern with the best interests of all Americans in mind

and prove sufficiently Conservative and bad ass to appeal to the Tea Party rank and file?

Without such a candidate, the Tea Party faction should sit down, shut up and let the grown ups in the GOP make the call.

Can win an election? Probably not.
Govern with the best interest of the nation? Absolutely.
Be sufficiently conservative? Probably.

The Tea Party are the only adults in politics.
The only adults that are not a party nor has any leaders within their nonparty.

All of the things in the OP that I asked if Christie would do, are all Tea Party goals. I'm told that Christie will do these things and in almost the same breath, the Tea Party is bashed by those Christie supports.

Funny that.

Unlike the democrats and you liberal republicans, we don't put Win at the Expence of our Principles first. We look at a candidate principles and character first not "can he win?". If we have to run democrat lite to win then what the fuck is the point?

that is a noble approach but absolutely without any perspective of ever materializing. It is not a contest between medieval knights - it's politics.
unless the main goal is first to win and then govern according the principles ( where possible) - this flying in the clouds will continue.

who is democrat?

Does anyone with a whit of political knowledge believe that the Tea Party faction can field a candidate who:

Can win a national election

Govern with the best interests of all Americans in mind

and prove sufficiently Conservative and bad ass to appeal to the Tea Party rank and file?

Without such a candidate, the Tea Party faction should sit down, shut up and let the grown ups in the GOP make the call.

Can win an election? Probably not.
Govern with the best interest of the nation? Absolutely.
Be sufficiently conservative? Probably.

The Tea Party are the only adults in politics.
The only adults that are not a party nor has any leaders within their nonparty.

Again irrelevant.

All of the things in the OP that I asked if Christie would do, are all Tea Party goals. I'm told that Christie will do these things and in almost the same breath, the Tea Party is bashed by those Christie supports.

Funny that.

show me where did I bash TP.

who is democrat?

I didn't say Democrat, I said Democrat Lite.

Funny that.

show me where did I bash TP.

Did I say you?

no, bu t I had an impression that it was only me who said that Christie will do 2/3 of the things you posted and the other 1/3 - as possible.

I might be persuaded to keep my mind open on Christie, but because of his past actions, he's on probation with me. As it stands right now I would vote against him in the GOP primary. He wants my vote, he'll need to earn it.

That was parody/irony ... right? Please tell me so.

I was waiting on a lib to take me serious. Oh well!

The fact of the matter is no Tea Party candidate has entered a nationwide election so to say that none could win a national election is rather silly.

I would love to see a TP candidate in a national race. Maybe then all this "we need to move further to the right" stuff will go away.

Cruz and Paul in 2016. I expect Rand can find some good published material that he can rewrite for his campaign posters.....:thup:

That's the problem with you liberals. You idiots are so far to the left that a shift to the center is what you call far right.

No one could govern the country in the best interests of all the people. The best interests of the people are too divided for that to happen.

No one could govern the country in the best interests of all the people. The best interests of the people are too divided for that to happen.

the ultimate truth. However, both the exaggerated idealism and exaggerated cynicism is what we are observing in the discussions about governing of the country.

I might be persuaded to keep my mind open on Christie, but because of his past actions, he's on probation with me. As it stands right now I would vote against him in the GOP primary. He wants my vote, he'll need to earn it.

good. that is a reasonable approach. I am not so sure whom I would vote in primaries myself, although I am registered as independent.

HARDLY!!!

That prank cost the American economy $24 billion, was fruitless and was forewarned as something that would not accomplish what they wanted. Not to mention the political damage done to the Republican party. There was nothing responsible, wise or adult about that political tantrum. A lesson to be learned if the Tea Party faction EVER wants to win a Presidential election.

That's a lie!

But hey you're just following your dear leaders lead.
Calling it a lie does not make it so. Everything in my post is true, but it refutes your narrow, myopic outlook. I understand that you would call it a lie without proof. It's a typical trait of your modern view of how Conservatives should behave.

Cruz is in the Senate you moron and the Dems control the senate and the shutdown had nothing to do with Cruz.

But hey, you believe liars and disbelieve honest folk. So it's no wonder you're so stupid.

I was waiting on a lib to take me serious. Oh well!

The fact of the matter is no Tea Party candidate has entered a nationwide election so to say that none could win a national election is rather silly.

I would love to see a TP candidate in a national race. Maybe then all this "we need to move further to the right" stuff will go away.

Cruz and Paul in 2016. I expect Rand can find some good published material that he can rewrite for his campaign posters.....:thup:

That's the problem with you liberals. You idiots are so far to the left that a shift to the center is what you call far right.

Facts don't support your contention.

5670586288_5204d53f36.jpg

That's a lie!

But hey you're just following your dear leaders lead.
Calling it a lie does not make it so. Everything in my post is true, but it refutes your narrow, myopic outlook. I understand that you would call it a lie without proof. It's a typical trait of your modern view of how Conservatives should behave.

Cruz is in the Senate you moron and the Dems control the senate and the shutdown had nothing to do with Cruz.

But hey, you believe liars and disbelieve honest folk. So it's no wonder you're so stupid.

there was that gloriously neo-confederatish Cruzathon though. Dr. Suess and all.

Forum List

Back