Why Chris Christie is a bad idea for the GOP.

Christie is a RINO.

The poster boy for RINOhood.

You guys do realize that if you harass all the RINOs until they're blue in the face that even skilled Gerrymandering and money won't be able to hold the national republican party together, eh?

Oh, they have no idea.

And when their boy loses despite all that - they will blame "voter fraud" and just keep pulling the same old shit until they are extinct.

I'm watching the weekly political wrap-ups on PBS last night and Christie's name was hot. The discussion inevitably went to the presidential possibilities and more than one talking head referred to the difficulty that Christie will have with the TEA Party faithful in the primaries.

What they didn't seem to understand is that a candidate like Chris Christie has the potential to pull enough of us moderates back to the right to make the TEA Party quite irrelevant going forward.

I'm watching the weekly political wrap-ups on PBS last night and Christie's name was hot. The discussion inevitably went to the presidential possibilities and more than one talking head referred to the difficulty that Christie will have with the TEA Party faithful in the primaries.

What they didn't seem to understand is that a candidate like Chris Christie has the potential to pull enough of us moderates back to the right to make the TEA Party quite irrelevant going forward.

The TeaTards will split their vote between Cruz and Paul. Will either one drop out for the good of the TeaParty?

Christie strikes me as the kind of candidate the MSM just loves- like Huntsman and McCain and Arlen Specter- that the rank and file GOP people are just rubes.

As opposed to the GOP establishment, who also think they are rubes, but have figured out how to play them.

The TeaTards will split their vote between Cruz and Paul. Will either one drop out for the good of the TeaParty?

Rand Paul won't get more than that 10% of the party his crazy father got.

The real contest will be between Cruz and Christie, assuming neither one of them implodes before 2016.

Think Mark Sanford or Gary Hart.

Democrats are already lining up the fat jokes. They need Christie to run, otherwise all that effort is wasted.

Christie is a RINO.

You guys do realize that if you harass all the RINOs until they're blue in the face that even skilled Gerrymandering and money won't be able to hold the national republican party together, eh?

uh huh and you do realize that if you force all of the blue dogs to vote against their own inclinations and those they serve you'll lose the house, senate seats and governorships?....oh wait...:eusa_think:

Trajan, you really do live in a black and white world... :rolleyes:

uhmm, sometimes, it depends. when it comes to hypocrisy, selectivity as you say you have little patience with generalizations, I have little patience when it comes to that....

if you think joes remark required a more...... nuanced(?) return comment in the vein I made it, make your case.

Not what I wrote guys; read it again. Extremism is extremism, whether far right or far left or libertarianism.

Extremism is the government takeover of our health care. You support it? you're an extremist leftist fake.

The VA is extremist?

Jroc believes his extremism is acceptable and the other is not is the point.

He does not understand that both the far right and the far left, if in power, will endanger the Republic.

Simply put, it's because there us so very little difference between him and Hillary.

Will Christie defund obamacare?
Will Christie refuse to grant amnesty?
Will Christie reduce spending?
Will Christie stop the NSA and other government spying?
Will Christie secure our borders?
Will Christie reduce taxes?
Will Christie develop our oil and gas potential here in the US?
Will Christie stand up to the Muslim Brotherhood?
Will Christie stand up for our 2nd Amendment rights?
Will Christie appoint conservative judges?

If the economy and the country lasts until 2016, it will be on the very precipice of falling. If we don't try to get someone who will fight the progressive destruction of the country instead of going aong with it, it will fall. if Christie is on charge at the time, he and the GOP will get the blame for it.l

Christie is a great idea for the GOP brand.

As a "compassionate conservative" Christie is a great idea for the gimmes.

As one who cares for Individual Liberty, Capitalism and Free Enterprise I believe a Christie nomination is awful.
No.

uhmm, sometimes, it depends. when it comes to hypocrisy, selectivity as you say you have little patience with generalizations, I have little patience when it comes to that....

if you think joes remark required a more...... nuanced(?) return comment in the vein I made it, make your case.

Simply this: it presupposes (as I read it) that the objective is to maximize one's party representation -- rather than to govern. The same fallacy that produces the "RINO" tag. Methinks as long as we treat it as a sports event, we guarantee girdlock.

Many of us don't even have a party.

Last edited:

Simply this: it presupposes (as I read it) that the objective is to maximize one's party representation -- rather than to govern. The same fallacy that produces the "RINO" tag. Methinks as long as we treat it as a sports event, we guarantee girdlock.

Many of us don't even have a party.

frankly, it seems to me, governing has become become a matter of brute force. If arguing that chasing rinos/blue dogs vs. a majoirty is unhealthy? Its an argument one and and the same.

I didn't vote for McCain becasue he overthrew his dearest principal, that told me he in effect was what he appeared and is inho, a guy that would go along to get along just to make a point of it.....thats not governing. At the end of the day I vote to see my self interests realized, I don't mind and would encourage compromise but theres a point where in you have to take a stand and get the job done and at this point, which requires the muscle to do so.

$64 question. If it comes down to evenly split support and a need for gallantry to save the wing, I'd put my money on Paul. Cruz seems like a self-righteous prick who'd take his ball and go home if he doesn't get his way.

uh huh and you do realize that if you force all of the blue dogs to vote against their own inclinations and those they serve you'll lose the house, senate seats and governorships?....oh wait...:eusa_think:

The most disconcerting thing in American Politics today is how the TEA Party extremism in the Republican party is affecting the make up of BOTH the democrat and republican parties.

There's been enough of us "RINO's" chased from the republican rank and file by extremism to make the democrats a much better reflection of the mainstream now than they've ever been.

:dunno: Why can't the T's see how dangerous that is?

Trajan wrote, "I vote to see my self interests realized. . .".

Makes sense to me.

Forum List

Back