Why are white people (esp white men) not allowed in commercials anymore?

GHook20

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2020
Las Vegas and Chicago
Watch any commercial, for any product, and you rarely see white people in them. The white people that do appear tend to be white celebrities.

So to combat minority misrepresentation in the past, we are going to discriminate against white people? What about they little white girl or boy with big dreams of acting? They had nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow… why is she/he not getting an equal chance?

You can’t beat racism with racism! It defeats ur point!

All I see is white people when I turn on the TV, and on all commercials.

What are you talking about OP?

Is there some law, or even policy, that is preventing whites from being in commercials?

If so, please provide a link to it.

All I see is white people when I turn on the TV, and on all commercials.

What are you talking about OP?

Is there some law, or even policy, that is preventing whites from being in commercials?

If so, please provide a link to it.
Begs for a link he knows he will not accept. It's the howler monkey way!

I don't watch commercials anymore!

I only do during football games.

Watching Bucs/Cowboys now. (I live in Tampa)

I have to watch football live.

Geico has one with the Wright Brothers fighting over the arm rest on their airplane. It made me :auiqs.jpg:

Watch any commercial, for any product, and you rarely see white people in them. The white people that do appear tend to be white celebrities.

So to combat minority misrepresentation in the past, we are going to discriminate against white people? What about they little white girl or boy with big dreams of acting? They had nothing to do with slavery or Jim Crow… why is she/he not getting an equal chance?

White grievance politics and racist replacement theory are alive and well among the racist right.

Strange times.

Maybe we should make commercials have to exactly represent the population Demo.

They are really pushing the gay thing and the fat thing.

POC's are grossly over-represented, as are inter-racial relationships. Interestingly, the Black Female-white male couple is very prominent, although in reality it is the least common interracial match.

Those who write scripted television and films feel they have the obligation to portray reality as they think it ought to be, which is one thing. For advertisers to potentially antagonize the customer base with unreal "woke" casting makes no logical sense at all. Victoria's Secret imploded when they decided to use fat women and fat POC's in their advertising.

We will see how it all turns out.

What commercial did you try to or intend to audition for?

I watch anything I want, free online. And none of it has commercials.
If it does, it's maybe one or two irellavant commercials nobody pays attention to anyway.
Usually, the only commercials I will get are on Tubi. All the other sites I use to watch shows and movies don't have any commericals.

And with that........the commercials I DO see, which is rare, are usually white women talking about "that smell" and having to rub something in thier crack to get rid of it. It's literally hysterical. I thought it was a joke, but it is apparently a real commercial.

Forum List

Back