God is beyond anything we can comprehend. So is spirit. It seems like an apt way to describe consciousness without form.

To answer your question it was man’s perception. So yes, it was a manifestation of God through the eyes of man.
Spirit is a creation.
The essence of God has no relation to any creation.
I’m not arguing that God was created.

I’m arguing that God is spirit among other things.
God has zero relationship to anything the human mind can conjure up; man was created with that limitation.
To say God is spirit is childish.
To say a person should be as non-obsessed as possible with physicality is profound.
So if I argued God was existence would that be childish too?
God is neither existence nor non-existence.
God did not create man with the ability to understand God in any way whatsoever.
And yet man is inexplicably drawn to God.

Drawn to something he has no ability to understand.

Spirit is a creation.

God has zero relationship to anything the human mind can conjure up; man was created with that limitation.
To say a person should be as non-obsessed as possible with physicality is profound.
God did not create man with the ability to understand God in any way whatsoever.

I wouldn't put it that way.

Speak for yourself.

to all things---there is a TIME and a PURPOSE under heaven-------even dingbat

Speak for yourself.
I wasn’t even speaking to you let alone for you.

Speak for yourself.

But I was speaking to you.

Speak for yourself.

You were speaking to give yourself thanks and praise. You were speaking to worship yourself.

Speak for yourself.

You were speaking to give yourself thanks and praise. You were speaking to worship yourself.

Sounds like you are doing just that.

Speak for yourself.

Sounds like you are doing just that.
I’m sure it does to you.

Spirit is a creation.

You do realize that you are contradicting yourself by stating you know these things while simultaneously stating we have no ability to understand God in any way whatsoever, right?
It appears as though you have not studied your Tanach.
God is unknowable.

Spirit is a creation.

God created a creature and commanded it to subdue the rest of creation.
Knowledgeable Man does not strive to meet God, knowledgeable Man strives to walk in the ways of God defined to refine Man.

You do realize that you are contradicting yourself by stating you know these things while simultaneously stating we have no ability to understand God in any way whatsoever, right?
God is unknowable.
If God were unknowable then you wouldn’t know anything about God at all up to and including the part where you say God is unknowable. As that is something you believe you know about God.

Knowledgeable Man does not strive to meet God, knowledgeable Man strives to walk in the ways of God defined to refine Man.
Knowledgeable man strives to know God through a relationship with God.

As that relationship flourishes knowledgeable man is naturally refined.

God is unknowable.
If God were unknowable then you wouldn’t know anything about God at all up to and including the part where you say God is unknowable. As that is something you believe you know about God.
Jews know nothing about God and don’t pretend to.
All we know is what God told us through reliable prophets.
Christians see God as man and thus have lowered God; for instance, there is limited room in heaven...how childish.

God is unknowable.

You sure do anthropomorphise G-D.

As I explicitly stated, the relationship with God has been defined by God but does not explain the unknowable God.

As I explicitly stated, the relationship with God has been defined by God but does not explain the unknowable God.
And yet I can know God’s invisible attributes by studying what he created and seeking a relationship with God.

God is unknowable.

You sure do anthropomorphise G-D.
I wouldn’t have expected you to see it any other way.

I’m not in your tribe.

God is unknowable.
Jews know nothing about God and don’t pretend to.
All we know is what God told us through reliable prophets.
Christians see God as man and thus have lowered God; for instance, there is limited room in heaven...how childish.
The Trinity is not a mystery to be solved but a relationship to be entered into.

Forum List

Back