Why Are Some of My Fellow Conservatives Being Irrational About COVID-19 Vaccination?

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

My wife and one of my closest friends both have suppressed immune systems, particularly my friend with MS.

I got the vaccine for them more than for myself.

My brother has COPD and one of his lungs is non-functioning. He's a die hard Trump lover and refuses to get the vaccine. I have begged and begged him to get it, but he just says, "I've already come close to dying three times, so God obviously wants me around for some reason." :eusa_wall:

Fortunately, he lives in a very isolated location and his wife has been vaccinated because she works at a hospital. But her daughter won't get vaxxed and she visits them all the time.

My wife and one of my closest friends both have suppressed immune systems, particularly my friend with MS.

I got the vaccine for them more than for myself.

My brother has COPD and one of his lungs is non-functioning. He's a die hard Trump lover and refuses to get the vaccine. I have begged and begged him to get it, but he just says, "I've already come close to dying three times, so God obviously wants me around for some reason." :eusa_wall:

Fortunately, he lives in a very isolated location and his wife has been vaccinated because she works at a hospital. But her daughter won't get vaxxed and she visits them all the time.
I'm getting my booster on Monday. I have a pretty good immune system but my wife does not. We've both had two shots. With that said it's better to not get it than to get it. Just because people are vaccinated does not mean they can't get it and spread it. It's not a vaccine in the classic sense. It's a vaccination which introduces parts of the virus into your body so that when you become infected it should - in theory - provide a faster response by your body's autoimmune system than it would have otherwise. There's no downside to getting vaccinated, but one must still follow protocols and be smart. It's ridiculous this has been politicized.

We are suspicious of forced mRNA production of Chinese communist virus parts, especially in children without fully developed immune systems. The other two choices are different viruses, not even coronaviruseS, and one of these is from a chimpanzee. The traditional and real vaccine is India’s Covaxin. Americans have no access to the entire, real virus vaccine.

So the confounding of different vaccines are not the only political parameters. The reader does not have access to the stats showing the age and gender of each individual who get each of the different vaccines. We would tend to call that politics par excellence. Chinese communists knew as early as Sep-Oct 2019 that it was circulating in the population and had the nasty transmission characteristics forged from evolving in roosting bats and intermediate hosts. There may have been vaccines being produced even before that time.

Treating symptoms is not the same as preventing infection

And definitions change all the time the language isn't static.

But in this case the definition is actually MORE accurate than the old one Why do you have a problem with a more accurate definition?

Or are you trying to say that there are actually vaccines that provide 100% immunity to a disease?

If so please post the data on those vaccines.
The new definition is faulty for scientific reasons. The political and psychopathological reasons include the fact that Americans are not entitled to the entire virus in a traditional vaccine form: India’s Covaxin. Another political reason is that CIA-sponsored propaganda is involved in the current fear-mongering (because that’s their puppet in the White House) Dem-Nazi media for the Nu/omicron variant. This variant is being deliberately sensationalized. We see the list of Nu mutations, old and new. So which ones make it so deadly? By now it could just as easily be deliberately seeded into the population from production facilities inside the U.S. The first SARS-CoV-2 could have begun in the same way, though taken from nature.

I am in Michigan. We are in a bad wave. Almost EVERYONE I know who has covid--and that is a lot of people--are fully vaccinated. My count is at least 10. And yes, those who are fully vaccinated are obviously getting it AND transmitting it freely.

I just posted a thread on this, but let's see if your mind is actually open to any information, or if you're just a Vaccine Cultist here to preach.
How sick are your friends who caught it? Hope all are ok

Because the antibody therapies cost $3,000 per patient, and the vaccine costs $30. Because the antibodies won't stop you from getting "long haul covid", only reduce its severity. Because you don't know what kind of covid you'll end up with until you get it.

Coworker of mine, double vaxxed, got Covid AND has to get the antibody therapies. Right. So now what?

How sick are your friends who caught it? Hope all are ok

Thank you! All are sick: fevers, etc. I do not count "tested positive" with no symptoms. One close coworker was fully vaxxed and hit hard. She had monoclonal antibodies and still had a hard go.

Your concession is noted, Shitbird. Stop spreading bullshit and propaganda and this won't happen to you.

Oh yeah, calling people who are clearly smarter than you'll ever be "idiots", over and over again, really just make you look like a short bus kid.

"Short bus kid"

Behold the compassion and tolerance of the Left, everyone

I'm getting my booster on Monday. I have a pretty good immune system but my wife does not. We've both had two shots. With that said it's better to not get it than to get it. Just because people are vaccinated does not mean they can't get it and spread it. It's not a vaccine in the classic sense. It's a vaccination which introduces parts of the virus into your body so that when you become infected it should - in theory - provide a faster response by your body's autoimmune system than it would have otherwise. There's no downside to getting vaccinated, but one must still follow protocols and be smart. It's ridiculous this has been politicized.

There's no downside to getting vaccinated? Are you for real

What about the young people who suffer myocarditis?

What about people who get this, it messes with their immune system, and they end up with shingles and so many other effects?

"Short bus kid"

Behold the compassion and tolerance of the Left, everyone

I guess you missed the part where he called me an 'idiot" three times in a row when I completely debunked his post - with links. You said nothing about HIS intolerance, rudeness and generally being an asshole. No, it's only when I retaliated in the only language that his clown seems to understand that you come after ME as intolerate.

Unless you would like similar treatment, I suggest you apologize for your rudeness and cut it out. Otherwise you'll learn just how intolerant and lacking in compassion I am for knee jerk responses that ignore context.

Thank you! All are sick: fevers, etc. I do not count "tested positive" with no symptoms. One close coworker was fully vaxxed and hit hard. She had monoclonal antibodies and still had a hard go.
I’m sorry to hear that, I hope she’s back to normal soon. Probably a good thing she got vaxxed huh? Otherwise the virus would have hit her even harder and who knows how bad it could have gotten.

There's no downside to getting vaccinated? Are you for real

What about the young people who suffer myocarditis?

What about people who get this, it messes with their immune system, and they end up with shingles and so many other effects?
Is that your situation?

Well, pending confirmation from the scientists who have been alerted to it (whoever they are), it seems the current jabs will be even less effective on the new Wachoochoo variant. I would self-quarantine until some pharma company fast tracks another dangerous experimental injection that doesn't stop the infection or spread, but seems to reduce symptoms in many cases and might kill you.

Is that your situation?

What are you saying, it's okay to roll the dice
Is that your situation?

Right so if a friend or acquaintance or multiple people get ill from the shots, don't worry, it's not your situation.

Does this apply to covid panic too? So if you have a very mild case, don't worry, it's not your situation so no one is in harm's way?

Forum List

Back