Why are so many smart and attractive women still unmarried?

I just don't play your feminist 'equality' horseshit, and neither does my happy little Mrs. Me and my woman have been together for many years. We have our duties, and responsibilities, and roles freely given, and taken.
You women lying to yourselves about your happiness while your society crumbles, and your womb withers as you chase a MAN'S dream. Fools.
Why did I think of the often repeated story of the put upon (physically and/or emotionally) wife biding her time....putting money away...developing that escape plan....right under her unsuspecting husband's nose.

There is some debate whether she said it or not but Gloria Steinman is credited for saying " a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle," This stirred up a LITTLE bit of controversy but not much. The sentiment became the core belief of many women for decades to come.

Now because of massive, systemic, oppression, discrimination and bigotry towards men the shoe is on the other foot. Men are saying that a man needs a woman like a bicycle needs a fish.

The reasons and motives for saying this are different but the outcry is far worse. Women are approaching panic mode while ignoring the root causes.

Men are being asked to LET themselves be destroyed and ruined to make others happy. There is no way to change the system so men are simply saying no and turning their back on traditional roles such as fatherhood and husband. There is nothing to be done about this by anyone unless women in general start putting feminists in their place and demanding change and equality for both sexes.
"start putting feminists in their place"........................... :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: Ok, Phyllis.

Why did I think of the often repeated story of the put upon (physically and/or emotionally) wife biding her time....putting money away...developing that escape plan....right under her unsuspecting husband's nose.
LOL!

Yeah right...it's called a tracking chip. Thank you BioTeq.

So do they suddenly become fat and ugly when they get married, or are they too attractive to stay married and that's why they're getting divorced all the time?
Never said anything about fat or ugly. I just said what I said, you can figure the rest out on your own.

Maybe smart and attractive females are still single because they are smart and attractive females.
And, financially independent, often working long hours at a job they love and prefer coming home to the cat or dog. :) Hard work is often very gratifying, and a sweet little 4-paw waiting for you at the door is very satisfying. Women I know often take their 4-paws with them, leaving them in their vans, and taking them for brisk walks on their breaks and lunch hours. But this is a small laidback community where there is time and space to do that.

So many of you miss the point entirely. You love somebody and they love you. Sit back and talk about what works best for both of you. Share your dreams. Help each other to achieve them. Shelve the stereotypes. Remember the phrase "I've got your back." It's all for one and one for all. If your spouse is not happy, you are not happy. Do not put words in your spouse's mouth. S/he talks. You listen.

Especially if they have been married before and lost a lot of money in a divorce. And are maybe paying alimony and child support.

Enter the prenup. :102:
Prenups are worthless.

Judges can and often do declare them null for no cause other than they do not like what they say

Your mom made your dad sandwiches and washed his shirt. . . . was your dad a "very weak person?"
No. My father went to work. My mother drove him every weekday morning to pick up his car pool on the highway. He got up first and brought my mother coffee to wake her up. My father knew that you can get a woman out of bed with a cup of coffee. Thank you, Daddy, it worked on me, too. When my father got his paycheck, he gave it to my mother, who kept the funds.

While my father was at work, my mother looked after my brother and I, and my brother was always a handful, did the laundry and cleaning, changed the beds, cooked the meals, went to school functions. When I was in elementary, my friends would ask whether my mother was coming to a class play or similar because she and her friend, who had a daughter in the same class, would provide the goodies. This involved the time and effort of my mother and her friend.

We don't honor the housewives and mothers here in the US. They are the caregivers, those who sustain our lives. But last to be hired, don't give a baby a breast; how disgusting! A woman sustaining her infant deserves the utmost respect. You give up your seat for her.

BTW: my father never sat when a woman stood. Me too. I would have to be seated before he sat down. He would never enter a building without taking his hat off.

So many of you miss the point entirely. You love somebody and they love you. Sit back and talk about what works best for both of you. Share your dreams. Help each other to achieve them. Shelve the stereotypes. Remember the phrase "I've got your back." It's all for one and one for all. If your spouse is not happy, you are not happy. Do not put words in your spouse's mouth. S/he talks. You listen.
I did not love my wife when I married her and I am sure she did not love me. I needed a wife because I was in the military and a wife would calm me down and keep me from doing stupid things. She needed a way out of her life as it was. We talked for a couple years and lived together for 6 months then got married.

We have 2 kids and have been married for 38 years. There were rough spots and second thoughts but we always worked through them. I love her now and she obviously loves me or she would never have put up with my sick years.

She had a boyfriend once and we talked about divorce. She moved out and left me for a month. I was deep in my depression years and could not take care of the bills or myself or the kids.

She came back, left her boyfriend and took care of me. We are very good friends now and she is again taking care of me after I broke my ankle, why? Because we made a pact and because that is important.

I had a weekend with my first love and almost left too before I was sick. I rethought it and did not leave my wife.

We don't honor the housewives and mothers here in the US. They are the caregivers, those who sustain our lives. But last to be hired, don't give a baby a breast; how disgusting! A woman sustaining her infant deserves the utmost respect. You give up your seat for her.
You sound like quite the gentleman here.

No. My father went to work. My mother drove him every weekday morning to pick up his car pool on the highway. He got up first and brought my mother coffee to wake her up. My father knew that you can get a woman out of bed with a cup of coffee. Thank you, Daddy, it worked on me, too. When my father got his paycheck, he gave it to my mother, who kept the funds.

While my father was at work, my mother looked after my brother and I, and my brother was always a handful, did the laundry and cleaning, changed the beds, cooked the meals, went to school functions. When I was in elementary, my friends would ask whether my mother was coming to a class play or similar because she and her friend, who had a daughter in the same class, would provide the goodies. This involved the time and effort of my mother and her friend.

BTW: my father never sat when a woman stood. Me too. I would have to be seated before he sat down. He would never enter a building without taking his hat off.
I'm confused. That is precisely what I wrote, "did the laundry and cleaning, changed the beds, cooked the meals, went to school functions, etc."

You are so weird.

You give me a thumbs down, and then agree with everything I said. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back