Why are so many smart and attractive women still unmarried?

DELETED ACCOUNT

Aug 19, 2021
Half the world's population is single! Do you find men/women unattractive? Does financial stability play a major role in picking a potential partner? Standards? Scared to commit? Why are you single?

If you were a smart, attractive woman (or man), would YOU get married?

1950s-tired-exhausted-woman-housewife-sink-full-of-dirty-dishes-h28671.jpg

Anyone who is smart (or at least observant) knows that marriage has a shorter expiration date than dried pasta. And, when the marriage inevitably ends, both parties will be financially less well off than before.

The only people who profit from marriage these days are wedding consultants and divorce lawyers.

Still single at 62 years of age. Not sure why. Had more then a few women friends and still seem to attract the interest of the female gender.

More women than men are attending college and getting degrees to the tune of 4-12 : 1 (depending on area)

These collegiate career women are having a difficult time finding men that are their intellectual equals or superiors... making finding a spouse most difficult.
Often these women are higher wage earners than men. And men don't usually want a "subserviant" role in a marriage by not having the leadership of being the breadwinner.

And most women are looking for a man to provide that larger income so they don't have to hold a job. (They prefer to take care of home and children)
5,000+ years of history isn't exactly going away overnight...no matter how many different groups of people march in the streets.

Sorry but that's the breaks.

Also, in America the single parent family is the largest demographic slightly edging out traditional families.

In the distant past, women needed men for financial security and a father for any children. Also, for traditional religious standards and expectations. No longer. Many smart and attractive women weren't in the job force then.

In the distant past, men needed women for regular sex. No longer true.

Speaking for myself, in the very near future my soulmate Dave and I will be entering into a commitment ceremony. No legal binding, but a promise to live out these words that we have lived up to for almost two years:

1. “I promise to never stop loving you.”
  2. “I promise to be faithful to you.”
  3. “I promise to be your biggest supporter.”
  4. “I promise to be my best self for you.”
:113:

Half the world's population is single! Do you find men/women unattractive? Does financial stability play a major role in picking a potential partner? Standards? Scared to commit? Why are you single?
For me it was standards. Then I got lucky. Marriage made me more than the star I already was. It made me a super nova.

More women than men are attending college and getting degrees to the tune of 4-12 : 1 (depending on area)

These collegiate career women are having a difficult time finding men that are their intellectual equals or superiors... making finding a spouse most difficult.
Often these women are higher wage earners than men. And men don't usually want a "subserviant" role in a marriage by not having the leadership of being the breadwinner.

And most women are looking for a man to provide that larger income so they don't have to hold a job. (They prefer to take care of home and children)
5,000+ years of history isn't exactly going away overnight...no matter how many different groups of people march in the streets.

Sorry but that's the breaks.

Also, in America the single parent family is the largest demographic slightly edging out traditional families.
The problem, as I see it, is that women desire an equal partner, or a confident partner, and the state is biased against boys. This affects their development, the chances at entry into schools, careers, and their self-confidence. You even see it in the culture.

This is counter to the narrative that is brainwashed and conditioned into all of us, but, the empirical data backs it up.

Forum List

Back