Why are republicans against abortions' when they were the main cause of abortions.

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The political affiliations back then were totally different than today.
No shit Sherlock. That’s why Penelope is an idiot with a moronic post.
Let us remember that “back then” when Roe vs. Wade was decided by a largely Republican-appointed Supreme Court was 1973, not 1860. Penelope ’s point is worth thinking about, if only because it reminds us of how much today’s Republican Party has been captured by, or panders to, those fanatic evangelicals who call Democrats “mass murderers.” These are the manic preachers Goldwater warned Republicans about.

Of course fanatical evangelicals are not the only constituent base of today’s Republicans. But southern white evangelicals are the one base that other “Republicans,“ even complete opportunists like the non-believer Trump, will never ever criticize openly. This is one reason for the dramatic corruption and decent into irrational hate politics of today’s ever more cultish GOP.

What are you talking about? I'll criticize them in a heartbeat if they do or say something I think is wrong.

Tom Paine 1949

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Let us remember that “back then” when Roe vs. Wade was decided by a largely Republican-appointed Supreme Court was 1973, not 1860. Penelope ’s point is worth thinking about, if only because it reminds us of how much today’s Republican Party has been captured by, or panders to, those fanatic evangelicals who call Democrats “mass murderers.” These are the manic preachers Goldwater warned Republicans about.

Of course fanatical evangelicals are not the only constituent base of today’s Republicans. But southern white evangelicals are the one base that other “Republicans,“ even complete opportunists like the non-believer Trump, will never ever criticize openly. This is one reason for the dramatic corruption and decent into irrational hate politics of today’s ever more cultish GOP.
What are you talking about? I'll criticize them in a heartbeat if they do or say something I think is wrong.
But will Trump? Will Senator Mitch McConnel? Will Ted Cruz? Guess what? I wasn’t really talking about you at all...

You say you are not an “evangelical,” not a member of the “religious right” — which used to be called the “moral majority.” OK. Fine. But do you speak out when they (and so many others) call ordinary Democrats “mass murderers”? Or call liberals and progressives ... “Satanic”? I noticed in a recent discussion that you seem to agree with them on one of their key trigger issues, abortion. Your right, of course. But this puts you far from a libertarian or traditional Republican position, or even a very conservative one like Goldwater’s.

But again, I was not talking about you. My basic point stands.

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score

But will Trump? Will Senator Mitch McConnel? Will Ted Cruz? Guess what? I wasn’t really talking about you at all...

You say you are not an “evangelical,” not a member of the “religious right” — which used to be called the “moral majority.” OK. Fine. But do you speak out when they (and so many others) call ordinary Democrats “mass murderers”? Or call liberals and progressives ... “Satanic”? I noticed in a recent discussion that you seem to agree with them on one of their key trigger issues, abortion. Your right, of course. But this puts you far from a libertarian or traditional Republican position, or even a very conservative one like Goldwater’s.

Less often as time goes on. THe time for giving credit where credit is due, or being "Fair" seems to be passing quickly.

I don't follow Trump's every word. Generally I don't care about the day to day, empty rhetoric of any politician. So, I cannot comment on whether he has every openly disagreed with the RR verbally or not.

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Correll is anything but a libertarian or traditional Republican. He is hard core authoritarian neo-fascist to his bone. Abortion is merely a political tool for him to use: he does not care about abortion one way or another,

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List