Why are "progressives" calling immigration reform "racist"?

I haven't really had time to do much reading on this, but isn't the premise basically that you should speak English and have something to offer? Yet I heard Jim Acosta fighting Steven Miller (who is a real creep, but that's beside the point), implying that the effort is not to improve America's workforce while limiting tax-payer burden, but to KEEP BROWN PEOPLE OUT.

Come on, dude. First of all, what is the implication there? That brown people can't speak English? That they have no skills? Seriously, wtf?

And do they not realize that Canada, the poster-boy of liberalism, has a VERY similar immigration system to the one the administration is looking into?

I turned on the radio to hear Norman Goldman straight-up lying to his listeners, and I just shake my head. Lefties might be even worse than the Trumpsters. At least the Trumpsters accept that they're basically selfish assholes who don't care about the truth. The lefties pretend to have some sort of moral superiority, but they're hollow as tin cans. I'll take the unabashed jackass over the pretender any day.
Why is Miller a creep? He kicked ass.

He says outrageous shit, and he looks like a serial killer. The second part isn't very fair of me, but it's true. He has the deadest eyes I think I've ever seen.
I didn't hear him say anything outrageous. And really? He looks like?

He was fine against Acosta, but go on youtube and listen to some of his previous interviews ... he's kind of a scary guy.

If you're a Trump lover, you probably won't think so, though.

If you fuckers were confident that your POV was reasonable and American, you would not lie about it.

???

You don't understand?

Simply admit what your true motivation is. See if it passes muster.

Seriously, I have no clue what you're yammering about. I'm assuming you're drunk.
That poster is a waste of you time. Best just to ignore & move on

Yes. It's best to ignore me. Especially if you aren't honest. I have a knack for sniffing out BS. Right, convict?

If you fuckers were confident that your POV was reasonable and American, you would not lie about it.

???

You don't understand?

Seriously, I have no clue what you're yammering about. I'm assuming you're drunk.

Yes. It's best to ignore me. Especially if you aren't honest. I have a knack for sniffing out BS. Right, convict?

Last chance to explain wtf you're talking about.

???

You don't understand?

Yu lie routinely when you post the lefts views almost everything the left says is a lie of one sort or another.

I haven't really had time to do much reading on this, but isn't the premise basically that you should speak English and have something to offer? Yet I heard Jim Acosta fighting Steven Miller (who is a real creep, but that's beside the point), implying that the effort is not to improve America's workforce while limiting tax-payer burden, but to KEEP BROWN PEOPLE OUT.

Come on, dude. First of all, what is the implication there? That brown people can't speak English? That they have no skills? Seriously, wtf?

And do they not realize that Canada, the poster-boy of liberalism, has a VERY similar immigration system to the one the administration is looking into?

I turned on the radio to hear Norman Goldman straight-up lying to his listeners, and I just shake my head. Lefties might be even worse than the Trumpsters. At least the Trumpsters accept that they're basically selfish assholes who don't care about the truth. The lefties pretend to have some sort of moral superiority, but they're hollow as tin cans. I'll take the unabashed jackass over the pretender any day.

He says outrageous shit, and he looks like a serial killer. The second part isn't very fair of me, but it's true. He has the deadest eyes I think I've ever seen.

He was fine against Acosta, but go on youtube and listen to some of his previous interviews ... he's kind of a scary guy.

Why is he scary? Link me something.

Not sure I'm a Trump lover. Not like we will get naked and have a dick sword fight but I'm not a hater.

You don't understand?

"It" can't explain it. Those talking points have not been issued yet.

Why is he scary? Link me something.

Not sure I'm a Trump lover. Not like we will get naked and have a dick sword fight but I'm not a hater.

This is not really a Steve Miller thread, dude. If you're interested in why I said that, you're gonna have to go fishing yourself. I'm not about to do it for you and derail my own thread over an off-hand remark, and an opinion at that.

You don't understand?

Listen pal. You basically said that you prefer "Trumpsters" becasue they are honest liars.

Acosta was accurate in his assessment of what Miller was saying. Speaking English is something my grandfather never did. It's not a requirement for becoming an American. Suggesting that it is is dog whistle bullshit. AND YOU KNOW IT.

So. Please stop lying.

You don't understand?

"It" can't explain it. Those talking points have not been issued yet.

Fool. If you weren't so jealous of people like me your'd barely have a reason to live.

You don't understand?

Yu lie routinely when you post the lefts views almost everything the left says is a lie of one sort or another.

Find one lie I've told here. I'll wait.

You don't understand?

Listen pal. You basically said that you prefer "Trumpsters" becasue they are honest liars.

Acosta was accurate in his assessment of what Miller was saying. Speaking English is something my grandfather never did. It's not a requirement for becoming an American. Suggesting that it is is dog whistle bullshit. AND YOU KNOW IT.

So. Please stop lying.

English is the primary language of the United States, with Spanish in second. It's pretty much mandatory to speak English to be successful here. Ask the well-educated Polish folks cleaning toilets because they refuse to learn the language.

Knowing English and having a skill = having a good chance to get a job. Having a job = much higher likelihood of being well-adjusted socially. Being well-adjusted socially = a much higher likelihood of assimilating, which is the goal of immigration.

Tell me; if this is so bad, why is Canada's system okay? Why aren't lefties going after Canada?

because it's an emo-play.

that's what they do. tug on heartstrings, pass out guilt, and try to go "there there, all better now".

hell this is the same system MEXICO FREAKING HAS - so to say it's racist to mexicans? stfu. tired of your shit.

So. Please stop lying.

English is the primary language of the United States, with Spanish in second. It's pretty much mandatory to speak English to be successful here. Ask the well-educated Polish folks cleaning toilets because they refuse to learn the language.

Knowing English and having a skill = having a good chance to get a job. Having a job = much higher likelihood of being well-adjusted socially. Being well-adjusted socially = a much higher likelihood of assimilating, which is the goal of immigration.

Tell me; if this is so bad, why is Canada's system okay? Why aren't lefties going after Canada?

Dog whistle.

Life isn't a fairy tale or a social experiment, dude. The goal should be to make our country better. You don't do that with unskilled, non-integrated masses entering your country. Their skin color is irrelevant by comparison.

Jim Acosta thinks that Emma Lazarus' poem is the law of the land.
--------------------------------------------------------- there really should be discussion and education about 'emma lazurus' lefty and lieing pro immigration poem that has morphed into USA immigration policy . A few years ago , think it was Flanders that did many good posts on the 'poem' , immigration and that 'statue of liberty' . Education about the poem and the 'statue' needs to be taught to brainwashed American kids .

The lefties pretend to have some sort of moral superiority, but they're hollow as tin cans. I'll take the unabashed jackass over the pretender any day.
If we had a quote of the month this would be the winner...lol

Forum List

Back