Zone1 Why are Jehovah Witnesses SO closed-minded to anything not written by the JWs?

and the possibility that you’re wrong about what is “truth” didn’t even occur to YOU? Wow.
Nope

I know I am not wrong. I do not just believe, but KNOW

too bad u lack certainty

it's very sad, actually... because your eternal destiny depends on you finding Christ

What a tyrant! sitting there telling someone what to do and how to believe... How ironic!

I know Jesus Christ. I have been in His actual Presence.

You and millions of others can't say that, apparently... But in any case, I don't usually talk to uncivilized sounding folks so Ignore is looking pretty good.

sorry you appear to have such anger...

But I didn't cause it
Huh? All I said is that it’s possible you’re incorrect. That’s hardly making demands. In fact, I specifically said that ALL people can get to Heaven, regardless of whether they think Jesus was a deity of some sort.

You OTOH are insisting you’ve found the ”truth” - and then start threads complaining that people are close-minded not to go along with your beliefs.

Nope

I know I am not wrong. I do not just believe, but KNOW

too bad u lack certainty

it's very sad, actually... because your eternal destiny depends on you finding Christ
Wrong. That’s just your beliefs. You know nothing for certain.

It’s very sad, actually - going through life thinking you know better than the majority of people. The irony is that you think others are close-minded when you yourself are demonstrating your intolerance of others‘ religions.

I’ve dealt with obnoxious, arrogant Christians like you IRL. Always harping on how everyone goes to hell unless they adopt THEIR religion. It gets so bad sometime that it’s borderline harassment.

You OTOH are insisting you’ve found the ”truth” - and then start threads complaining that people are close-minded not to go along with your beliefs.
You need to take up your complaints with Jesus Christ

HE (NOT yours truly)

is the one who says

"I (Jesus) am the Way, the Truth and the Life"

and "No one comes to the Father except through ME." (emphasis mine)

I have had encounters w/ JWs throughout my life. Most of the time, no matter what facts you give them.. facts about the history of Christianity or related matters, they argue, argue, argue... and won't even discuss the topics you bring up, to s peak of... except to refer you back to their literature, which I gave up on validating in any way long years ago...

For one thing, the JWs don't believe in eternal punishment after an unrepentant sinner dies. That is a direct contradiction of Jesus Christ who used those EXACT words (Mt 25:31-46)

Also, they do not believe Jesus is God. But Jesus SAID He is God--

a little problem there

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father" Jesus said

He also said: "The Father and I are one"
Actually, while the 'lake of fire' will be eternal torment for the devil and his 'angels' it will destroy the unrepentant sinner, body and soul. Eternal life in torment is still eternal life, not the promised eternal death for unrepentant sinners. Also, eternal punishment isn't the same as eternal punishing.

IMHO JWs are about as close to the Christian ideal as a group can get, at least the ones I grew up around in my AO.....Pentecostals were a very close second.

That said they are no different than the rest in one important respect....If you don't believe their way you are goin' to Hell.

Actually, while the 'lake of fire' will be eternal torment for the devil and his 'angels' it will destroy the unrepentant sinner, body and soul. Eternal life in torment is still eternal life, not the promised eternal death for unrepentant sinners. Also, eternal punishment isn't the same as eternal punishing.
whatever

I know what the Word says.. Jesus said they will go off to ETERNAL PUNISHMENT--Mt 25:31

I realize it is human nature to rationalize and twist things to fit a certain desired narrative... which you are free to do

IMHO JWs are about as close to the Christian ideal as a group can get, at least the ones I grew up around in my AO.....Pentecostals were a very close second.

That said they are no different than the rest in one important respect....If you don't believe their way you are goin' to Hell.
I am not like that... have never said that ONLY Catholics go toHeaven... although some of the saints --canonized--have said something to thateffect

What I will say is that it is difficult getting to Heaven. Jesus said this Himself. But my experiences in life show me there are --or appear to be--exceedingly FEW people who take the Word of Christ absolutely seriously. Many claim to... and I am not talking about perfect vs imperfect people... we are all imperfect. I'm talking about people who are sloppy with Christ's commandments... and again, we all are, here and there.. but we are called to fight our natural tendencies...

Because few do

we have the world we have

circa 2024

:eek::dev3::FIREdevil:

whatever

I know what the Word says.. Jesus said they will go off to ETERNAL PUNISHMENT--Mt 25:31

I realize it is human nature to rationalize and twist things to fit a certain desired narrative... which you are free to do
The death of the sinner is eternal, they will never come back to life, thus eternal punishment.

Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (fire)." - Jesus Christ

Last edited:
I have had encounters w/ JWs throughout my life. Most of the time, no matter what facts you give them.. facts about the history of Christianity or related matters, they argue, argue, argue... and won't even discuss the topics you bring up, to s peak of... except to refer you back to their literature, which I gave up on validating in any way long years ago...

For one thing, the JWs don't believe in eternal punishment after an unrepentant sinner dies. That is a direct contradiction of Jesus Christ who used those EXACT words (Mt 25:31-46)

Also, they do not believe Jesus is God. But Jesus SAID He is God--

a little problem there

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father" Jesus said

He also said: "The Father and I are one"
You're behaving a lot worse than any of the JW's.
That's because you're feeling threatened by the situation of mainstream Christianity's need to accept Darwinian evolution now, for purposes of damage control necessary to hold all the lies together.

Lay off the JWs, they're not the threat you need to fight against. The threat is logically thinking people from within.

You need to take up your complaints with Jesus Christ

HE (NOT yours truly)

is the one who says

"I (Jesus) am the Way, the Truth and the Life"

and "No one comes to the Father except through ME." (emphasis mine)
What an obnoxious thing to say to a practicing Jew!

And I seriously doubt he said that. No practicing Jew would say such a thing. We are equal in the eyes of Gd.

But you believe the way you want, and I’ll believe the way I want. We both can get to Heaven if we behave like good people.

That's because you're feeling threatened
Oh, now you're going to tell me how I'm feeling! How presumptuous... and wrong, as always

Well,

another one bites the dust... aka Ignore..

I'm tired of ignorant people telling me who I am and what I believe and how BAD it is... I'm part of the problem of a deteriorating society! seems to be the message

I don't like dishonesty... so I guess this is Goodbye

That's because you're feeling threatened by the situation of mainstream Christianity's need to accept Darwinian evolution now, for purposes of damage control necessary to hold all the lies together.

Lay off the JWs, they're not the threat you need to fight against. The threat is logically thinking people from within.
Thank you. I think this is the first time we’ve agreed. The OP complains about others being close-minded and intolerant, and then insists only his way is “The Truth.”

Oh, now you're going to tell me how I'm feeling! How presumptuous... and wrong, as always

Well,

another one bites the dust... aka Ignore..

I'm tired of ignorant people telling me who I am and what I believe and how BAD it is... I'm part of the problem of a deteriorating society! seems to be the message

I don't like dishonesty... so I guess this is Goodbye
Well you’re being presumptuous telling other people that unless they follow what YOU believe (re Jesus), they don’t get to Heaven. Show a little tolerance for other people’s religions!

The death of the sinner is eternal, they will never come back to life, thus eternal punishment.

Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (fire)." - Jesus Christ
rationalizing

being destroyed is not the same as absolutely destroyed (so there is nothing left at all of the person). The soul lives forever

Forum List

Back