Why are gay men seen as so much more evil or worse as opposed to lesbians?

Results illustrate that the more strongly participants endorsed homonegativity, the less favorably they evaluated openly gay targets. Moreover, female participants perceived societal prejudice and honesty in a relationship as better reasons for outness than being true to oneself. Understanding how levels of outness and reasons for outness can influence evaluations by heterosexual people may help gay people navigate social situations and, perhaps, make informed decisions regarding when it is a safe or possibly unsafe to disclose a gay identity.

1. Many men are insecure about their masculinity, so gay men really bug them.

2. Some homophobes are secretly gay, so they need to proclaim to the world that they aren't.

3. Some gay men do things that lesbians usually do not, such as cruising in public spaces.

4. And, as another poster said, some men (such as "Joey" on "Friends") are excited by the thought of two women getting it on together.

Lesbians and I have quite a bit in common ;-) Cooking, Love of pets and plants and flowers....and those other things too LIKE LIKKIN !

I told you to stay away from my kitty! :auiqs.jpg:

1618263360570.png

Gay men are seen as far more dangerous than lesbians. And seem to be reviled more.

Why is that?
Hmmm... I can't say I've noticed that stereotype.

Maybe guys are just more insecure around gay males. They at least have something in common with lesbians - in that they like girls too. :)

I’ve yet to meet anyone that considers gay men dangerous as opposed to anyone, but I’ve met people who judge gay men harsher than other men. But dangerous? Nah

About 99% of pedophiles are men and it is estimated that 1 in 5 boys are molested (by homosexual men) before 18 years old. Society blames the Catholic Church for abuse of Alter Boys but homosexual priests are responsible. Society blames the Boy Scouts of America for sexual abuse but left wing liberals sought to destroy the BSA for winning a Supreme Court decision that allowed the organization to discriminate against overt homosexuals.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back