Why anti gun people are so angry.....

I believe in Constitutional carry.....no permit required...felons can't own or carry guns right now...if they are caught they should be sent to prison for at least a decade.....no muss, no fuss, no fees needed for law abiding citizens.....what about felons and bow hunting?

Any extra taxes or fees for the owning or carrying of guns is essentially the equivalent of a poll tax......

Um I was talking about CONCEALED carry, which does - and should - require additional precautions over open carry. That's why there is no open carry license. Only for concealed carry.

And as for additional fees, who said that? I didn't say you HAD to have either a CCW or hunting license to buy a gun. I said that either should be able to be used in lieu of having a background check done each and every time you wish to buy a gun. Yes, I'm sure the fee for ether would go up some if they had to run a background check. So be it.

Do you see what I'm saying here. You are as inflexible as the militant gays are for their cause; and guess what? They feel just as righteous as you do.

Be the bigger person. Admit that yes, there is room for compromise.

we have compromised...we now have background checks for gun purchases.....and now that isn't enough,and the gun grabbers are coming back for more background checks because the first background checks they wanted didn't stop gun crime like they said it would....so now they want more....and then, as I pointed out, since the next level of background checks still won't stop criminals from getting guns they will come back for more.....

thanks for showing that we have already compromised and seen that it doesn't matter....

so screw them.....not one more gun, bullet or piece of equipment...and we have all the laws we need...right now....just fucking enforce them when you catch bad guys using guns....

They are incremental gun banners. They want to do it sneaky and in steps. While I don't necessarily disagree with background checks, I certainly do not trust liberals.

sorry....doesn't cut it.....they get background checks in private,sales, notice how they lie even in this explanation...they say they will now require background checks at gun shows and Internet sales....when those already exist........you can't buy a gun from a licensed gun deaLer at a gun show without one.....and if you get a gun over the Internet you have to have it delivered to a licensed gun dealer to accept it....already...that they use gun grabber distortion a in this explanation does not lend itself to trust.....

also....most criminal guns do not come from gun shows in the first place...they already use family members who can pass background checks to get guns or they steal them...again, already by passing current background checks and any future bbackground checks....thus creating a solution that won't stop the crime they say they want to stop.....

again...not leading to trust of their motives....

and of course we don't know the "intended" unintended consequences of what they are proposing that won't come out till they pass the legislation...

again...not our first rodeo with gun grabbers......

You are the one dealing in deception and lies..YES, background checks at gun shows are required for LICENSED dealers. Background checks are NOT required at guns shows for people who pose as "private dealers". The intent of the law was to allow mom and pop to have a table at a gun show to sell their "private" collection. Dealers posing as "private" sellers are moving large volumes of guns without background checks.

These so-called private sellers are supposed to be making only occasional sales. According to federal law, they cannot be "engaged in the business" of selling firearms. But that's exactly what an undercover investigation found. They found private sellers with large inventories doing a brisk business. In fact, one private seller acknowledged selling 348 guns in less than a year.

AND...
investigators told the private sellers that they "probably couldn't pass a background check" -- and at that point, the seller should have sent them away. Because even private sellers are prohibited by federal law from selling to those who they have reason to suspect could not pass a background check.

Instead, 19 out of 30 private sellers made the sale.

Dealers posing as "private" sellers are moving large volumes of guns without background checks.

And if they sell to a felon, who already knows it is against the law to own a gun, they are breaking current law.......especially since they can already get background checks done.........

investigators told the private sellers that they "probably couldn't pass a background check" -- and at that point, the seller should have sent them away. Because even private sellers are prohibited by federal law from selling to those who they have reason to suspect could not pass a background check.

Thanks for proving my point.....they are already breaking the law...already breaking the law...get it...your own quote shows this is true....it is already breaking the law with current background checks.......and nothing in a Universal Background Check law would stop it either.......nothing...at....all......

These so-called private sellers are supposed to be making only occasional sales. According to federal law, they cannot be "engaged in the business" of selling firearms. But that's exactly what an undercover investigation found.

again....thanks for proving my point for me.......they are already breaking the law and not using background checks we currently have and just making a "Super Dooper" universal background check law will not stop it because what they do now to bypass currrent background checks will still be done for "SUPER DOOPER" universal background checks.....

If they are breaking federal law.....fucking arrest them now...you don't need a fucking new "SUPER DOOPER" universal background check to arrest these people right fucking now...............

But you don't want to arrest them.....you want to arrest the law abiding gun owners, the people you can actually stop buying guns....since criminals will just ignore your asses and buy their guns anyway....

Are you a liar or obtuse? Under current laws, private sellers are NOT required to run a background check at gun shows. But dealers POSING as private sellers are circumventing the law.

The Manchin-Toomey gun proposal would close the gun show loophole.

They still can't sell guns to felons...that is against the law right now.......and dealers posing as private sellers are Breaking the law since they aren't private sellers...are they...so they are....right now....breaking the law......right now....without universal background checks......right now.......so you send in police officers....ask the dealer posing as a private seller to sell you a gun...run his name and find out he is a licensed dealer....selling as a private seller....and fucking arrest him for breaking the current law.......right?

As to private sales not requiring a background check....sooooo what. They can't sell to felons........go to gun shows and pose as private sellers.....when a felon comes up to the guy pretending to be a private seller, you ask the guy...do you mind if I do a background check...if the guy says yes...I can't pass one... and then still actually buys a weapon, illegally, arrest him...........no need for universal background checks, since that can be done now without the universal background check....then......you pose as a felon and go to the private dealer...and tell him....I am a felon and can't pass a background check.....if he still sells the guy a gun.....fucking arrest him too......no need for universal background checks....

There is no need to make a new "super duper" background check law....law enforcement already has all the tools they need to stop felons from getting guns.....

And right now...background checks are voided by having people who can pass background checks buy the gun for the person who can't ......this is illegal...that means it is against the law.....so....

You pass the super duper universal background check where private sellers must do background checks at gun shows....the same people who can pass and actual background check from before...go in and get the new super duper universal background check......and then sell or give the gun to the felon who couldn't pass the original background check...

or they simply steal the gun, thus avoiding the current background check and the new, super duper background check.......

what part of all of this is so fucking hard for you anti-gun nuts to understand.................

All you have to do is if you catch a felon with a gun.....fucking arrest them and put them in jail for a long time.........end of story...easy peasy solution and no background check upgrade is needed......

What morons......

You truly are a moron. And you argument is childish. WHO in their right fucking mind would put their name on a gun for a criminal? The girl in Webster NY who bought the weapon for a guy that couldn't pass a background check and used it to kill two fireman is going to prison for 8 YEARS.

see...do you realize you just voided your own post? You asked....Who in their fucking right mind.....apparently this girl actually did......and now may go to prison....there you answered your own question....and just showed why background checks are stupid and don't work, and how criminals actually get their guns......you accomplished quite a bit with one post.....

You are the one dealing in deception and lies..YES, background checks at gun shows are required for LICENSED dealers. Background checks are NOT required at guns shows for people who pose as "private dealers". The intent of the law was to allow mom and pop to have a table at a gun show to sell their "private" collection. Dealers posing as "private" sellers are moving large volumes of guns without background checks.

These so-called private sellers are supposed to be making only occasional sales. According to federal law, they cannot be "engaged in the business" of selling firearms. But that's exactly what an undercover investigation found. They found private sellers with large inventories doing a brisk business. In fact, one private seller acknowledged selling 348 guns in less than a year.

AND...

Instead, 19 out of 30 private sellers made the sale.

Dealers posing as "private" sellers are moving large volumes of guns without background checks.

And if they sell to a felon, who already knows it is against the law to own a gun, they are breaking current law.......especially since they can already get background checks done.........

Thanks for proving my point.....they are already breaking the law...already breaking the law...get it...your own quote shows this is true....it is already breaking the law with current background checks.......and nothing in a Universal Background Check law would stop it either.......nothing...at....all......

These so-called private sellers are supposed to be making only occasional sales. According to federal law, they cannot be "engaged in the business" of selling firearms. But that's exactly what an undercover investigation found.

again....thanks for proving my point for me.......they are already breaking the law and not using background checks we currently have and just making a "Super Dooper" universal background check law will not stop it because what they do now to bypass currrent background checks will still be done for "SUPER DOOPER" universal background checks.....

If they are breaking federal law.....fucking arrest them now...you don't need a fucking new "SUPER DOOPER" universal background check to arrest these people right fucking now...............

But you don't want to arrest them.....you want to arrest the law abiding gun owners, the people you can actually stop buying guns....since criminals will just ignore your asses and buy their guns anyway....

Are you a liar or obtuse? Under current laws, private sellers are NOT required to run a background check at gun shows. But dealers POSING as private sellers are circumventing the law.

They still can't sell guns to felons...that is against the law right now.......and dealers posing as private sellers are Breaking the law since they aren't private sellers...are they...so they are....right now....breaking the law......right now....without universal background checks......right now.......so you send in police officers....ask the dealer posing as a private seller to sell you a gun...run his name and find out he is a licensed dealer....selling as a private seller....and fucking arrest him for breaking the current law.......right?

As to private sales not requiring a background check....sooooo what. They can't sell to felons........go to gun shows and pose as private sellers.....when a felon comes up to the guy pretending to be a private seller, you ask the guy...do you mind if I do a background check...if the guy says yes...I can't pass one... and then still actually buys a weapon, illegally, arrest him...........no need for universal background checks, since that can be done now without the universal background check....then......you pose as a felon and go to the private dealer...and tell him....I am a felon and can't pass a background check.....if he still sells the guy a gun.....fucking arrest him too......no need for universal background checks....

There is no need to make a new "super duper" background check law....law enforcement already has all the tools they need to stop felons from getting guns.....

And right now...background checks are voided by having people who can pass background checks buy the gun for the person who can't ......this is illegal...that means it is against the law.....so....

You pass the super duper universal background check where private sellers must do background checks at gun shows....the same people who can pass and actual background check from before...go in and get the new super duper universal background check......and then sell or give the gun to the felon who couldn't pass the original background check...

or they simply steal the gun, thus avoiding the current background check and the new, super duper background check.......

what part of all of this is so fucking hard for you anti-gun nuts to understand.................

All you have to do is if you catch a felon with a gun.....fucking arrest them and put them in jail for a long time.........end of story...easy peasy solution and no background check upgrade is needed......

What morons......

You truly are a moron. And you argument is childish. WHO in their right fucking mind would put their name on a gun for a criminal? The girl in Webster NY who bought the weapon for a guy that couldn't pass a background check and used it to kill two fireman is going to prison for 8 YEARS.

see...do you realize you just voided your own post? You asked....Who in their fucking right mind.....apparently this girl actually did......and now may go to prison....there you answered your own question....and just showed why background checks are stupid and don't work, and how criminals actually get their guns......you accomplished quite a bit with one post.....

The vast majority of people are not that stupid. The premise is moronic.

Let's be clear, crystal. YOU and your ilk are aiding and abetting criminals, murderers and legitimizing black market gun dealers.

There is no need for illegal black market gun dealers to operate in dark alleys, out of the trunk of cars or any other inherently dangerous way of conducting sales.

Illegal gun dealers can operate in broad daylight, with police protection at gun shows. And criminals have no need to risk the dangers of buying guns in dark alleys, out of the trunk of cars or any other inherently dangerous place. They can buy guns with police protection, receive expert advice, discounts and not have to pay black market prices.

All because you and your ilk are infested with fear, and have ZERO regard for law abiding citizens.

What morons......

Let's be clear, crystal. YOU and your ilk are aiding and abetting criminals, murderers and legitimizing black market gun dealers.

There is no need for illegal black market gun dealers to operate in dark alleys, out of the trunk of cars or any other inherently dangerous way of conducting sales.

Illegal gun dealers can operate in broad daylight, with police protection at gun shows. And criminals have no need to risk the dangers of buying guns in dark alleys, out of the trunk of cars or any other inherently dangerous place. They can buy guns with police protection, receive expert advice, discounts and not have to pay black market prices.

All because you and your ilk are infested with fear, and have ZERO regard for law abiding citizens.

Most who are planning to use a gun to commit crimes would NOT do that because the gun could be traced right back to them.

What morons......

You're wrong on one point.

The vast majority of Americans in fact ARE stupid.

Huh.

OMG I give up, M14 you are retarded. You don't even understand shit.
Fact:
Neither of the cases you cited can be said to hold that background checks re constitutional as in neither of the cases was the issue of background checks part of the legal question before the court.
Fact.
In this regard, you are either lying or ignorant.

Please do tell us which.

What morons......

How dumb are you.....the police simply have to go to gun shows and set up stings.....and besides.....the people selling guns at gun shows can just slip the illegal gun buyer a card and tell them...look, I'll meet you outside, across the street....and sell them the gun their....without background checks...that is if they want to risk federal prison time....

Dude.......background checks do not stop people selling guns to criminals if they don't care about the consequences.......you can make your background check triple, super duper and they will avoid them the same way the do now....they will have someone who can pass a background check buy the gun.....someone who doesn't know it is against the law......and there are lots of those people.....or they will steal them.....

so again, background checks only work for those who want to obey the law....here and in other countries......and the people who can pass a background check and will give those guns to their gang member boyfriend......they can walk into a real gun store and do it...why? Because they can pass the fucking background check........so it voids you super duper triple pixie dust universal background check......before you even implement it.......

What morons......

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

The extremist on this thread are 2aguy, M14 Shooter and ChrisL...

They NEED to paint people like me as a 'gun grabber', because common sense gun laws are the antithesis of their existence. I support the right to bear arms to protect yourself, your family and your property. I don't sanction allowing criminals to buy guns easily, or in a protected environment. They SHOULD be forced to buy a gun in an inherently dangerous situation.

What morons......

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

They NEED to paint people like me as a 'gun grabber', because common sense gun laws are the antithesis of their existence. I support the right to bear arms to protect yourself, your family and your property. I don't sanction allowing criminals to buy guns easily, or in a protected environment. They SHOULD be forced to buy a gun in an inherently dangerous situation.

This poll is a lie...they don't explain the facts,of background checks to the people...so people who pay no attention to the issue...and tactics of gun grabbers, accept it at face value.....explain that it will require registration, that it will force people to get background checks to give guns to family members....then see what they say....

What morons......

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

I have a challenge for you...get the actual poll question they asked......link to it and let's analyze the wording...shall we.....

Do you support background checks if they would require registration of firearms and their owners?

do you support background checks if they require you to perform them to give a gun to a relative or friend?

Do you support background checks of it means you can no longer loan guns to friends and family without a background check?

What morons......

you really appear to know almost nothing about gun shows.

What morons......

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

there is nothing common sense about your desire for an unconstitutional law that doesn't impact criminals

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

there is nothing common sense about your desire for an unconstitutional law that doesn't impact criminals

He is a scared. That's all. :D It's funny how they ALL say they support the right.

here is a nice look at background checks...

Why universal background checks won t work TheHill

Most important is that criminals disobey such laws (and according to the Supreme Court in their Haynes vs. U.S. decision, criminals are not legally obligated to). In a report titled “Firearm Use by Offenders”, our own Federal Government noted that nearly 40 percent of all crime guns are acquired from street level dealers, who are criminals in the black market business of peddling stolen and recycled guns. Standing alone, this shows that “universal” background checks would have an incomplete effect on guns used in crimes.

The story gets worse. The same study notes that just as many crime guns were acquired by acquaintances, be they family or friends (this rather lose category also includes fellow criminals, who are equally unlikely to participate in “universal” background checks). Totaled, nearly 80 percent of crime guns are already outside of retail distribution channels (which are 14 percent of crime gun sources) and outside of transactions made by the law abiding folks who would participate in “universal” background checks at gun shows (0.7 percent).

To achieve any degree of success, the “universal” background check system would require universal gun registration. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) has already acknowledged this, which doomed the bill before it was drafted. Despite denials by some politicians, registration has already led to gun confiscation in the United States – in New York, California, Chicago, District of Columbia. Voters are wary of repeating the same process in their home towns. National registration to support “universal” background checks is almost universally repugnant. This is the insurmountable hill representatives and senators face.

So....phrase these facts into an actual poll question and see what percent of support you get.....

Last edited:

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

I have a challenge for you...get the actual poll question they asked......link to it and let's analyze the wording...shall we.....

When a guy chooses a name based on ONE issue, it's clear he's a nutter.

You're a nutter.

"I should be able to go down to Wal Mart and buy minigun or an UZI or a flame thrower if I want by God"

LOL, sorry about your tiny penis bruh.

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

He is a scared. That's all. :D It's funny how they ALL say they support the right.

I do NOT support ChrisL's right to own a firearm, she cray cray

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

I'm on the fence about background checks. However, some have posted links to some really shady reasons why they deny a person the right. That is wrong and unconstitutional. I know that here in MA, at one time, they had the "right" to deny anyone a license at the chief of police discretion. I don't trust the government enough to let them decide for me whether or not I can practice one of my constitutionally guaranteed rights.

At the same time, if it is speedy and fairly applied, I wouldn't necessarily be against background checking. I think I would even do my own if I was to sell a weapon to a person I didn't know, just because I wouldn't want it on MY conscience if a person was a criminal and perhaps had killed before or committed some other serious crime. So . . . this is a tough one for me.

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

I trust her to own a nuke over your possession of a squirt gun or for that matter, a battery powered vibrator

No they're not...

background_polls.jpg

I trust her to own a nuke over your possession of a squirt gun or for that matter, a battery powered vibrator

Lol. :D Thanks sweetie! You must be responding to one of the children from the Flamer zone.

Forum List

Back