There HAS to be life on other planets..

There is currently no way to know but my Christianity tells me there's more life out there. Anything else is well...not in li e with christianity.
How does "your Christianity" tell you that except youve embraced evolutionary theory.

UNLESS you mean the existence of God's spiritual creation

I don't believe God limited everything to one place. As the loving intelligent power God knew that and I believe it was part of his design.

I don't believe God limited everything to one place. As the loving intelligent power God knew that and I believe it was part of his design.
"As a Christian" where do you justify that belief in the Bible?

Did Jesus have to be born on these other worlds and die for their sins too? Is that His eternal job, to be murdered for the rest of eternity?

"As a Christian" where do you justify that belief in the Bible?

Did Jesus have to be born on these other worlds and die for their sins too? Is that His eternal job, to be murdered for the rest of eternity?
Nope. But perhaps there is life out there. As a Christian should I believe this one tiny oasis is the only life out there? YOU MUST HAVE an inside line to God for you know all as you tell us.

I believe in the word of God also. But my mind is open to my creator may have other life he created.

We're made for breeding ... religion allows us to be social and breed more efficiently ... "two together can do the work of three alone" ... finding life "out there" doesn't change any of that ...

Detecting life is about all we'll do ... too far away to examine ... too far away to falsify ... and that ain't science ...
Ahhh....breeding....it implies thoroughbreds and mutts.

Breeding as you so elegantly put it :rolleyes: is only one of our purposes here. Passing life and wisdom on isn't the sole purpose.

I like the purpose of living off the hard labor of young people ... ha ha ha ... I use breeding as an example of our complete inability to follow simple rules is most magnified ... married people never have sex together on TV ... or rarely I should say ... Lucy was obviously pregnant with lil' Ricky ...

"No, there clearly does not, because the universe was made for humans by an intelligent designer," is chemengineer's opinion. Who cares?

What ever purpose for humans ... they are human purposes ... we ourselves are serving our needs ... what we see in the universe is seen through human eyes, interpreted with human brains, put to human uses ... the universe is ... we still search for our place in it, it is the search that is intelligent ...

... and breeding ... that's one purpose we all agree on ...

I like the purpose of living off the hard labor of young people ... ha ha ha ... I use breeding as an example of our complete inability to follow simple rules is most magnified ... married people never have sex together on TV ... or rarely I should say ... Lucy was obviously pregnant with lil' Ricky ...
Have you ever tried having sex on a TV? It's not comfortable.

Bazinga!

What ever purpose for humans ... they are human purposes ... we ourselves are serving our needs ... what we see in the universe is seen through human eyes, interpreted with human brains, put to human uses ... the universe is ... we still search for our place in it, it is the search that is intelligent ...

... and breeding ... that's one purpose we all agree on ...
I'm not so sure about that. Everything seems to be connected. For better or worse.

It would be anti Christian to believe otherwise. Unless one ascribed to the televangelist mega wealthy preachers. Perhaps you do.
No, I JUST believe the Word of God. I don't try to FORCE my pet ideas where they arent
Funny how EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN makes this claim. Yet no two of them agree on all of it.

Somebody is either lying g or is just plain wrong. And by somebody, I mean 99% of Christians, out of neccessity.

Ahhh....breeding....it implies thoroughbreds and mutts.
Not in that context. In that context, it just means reproducing.

Yes, that's the whole point of your existence:

You are a sack of water that exists to move your DNA through space, so that it can find other DNA with which to combine.

Any other purpose or meaning is arbitrarily assigned by us to ourselves.

You are a sack of water that exists to move your DNA through space, so that it can find other DNA with which to combine.
The poetry of atheism. And you guys get all upset when I argue that atheism proceeds in almost all its manifestations from the assumption that the basic principles guiding the life of an individual and of mankind in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs or primitive instincts. They have no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure.

Thank you for proving this true!!!

The poetry of atheism. And you guys get all upset when I argue that atheism proceeds in almost all its manifestations from the assumption that the basic principles guiding the life of an individual and of mankind in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs or primitive instincts. They have no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure.

Thank you for proving this true!!!
Because we have already reasoned out much better morality than the iron age pile of shit called the Bible. So clearly your claim is false.

I also did not prove it true. We have other purpose and meaning in our lives, but we arbitrarily assigned it ourselves. Third time I have said it.

Ding, if you fell down a well, you would declare victory. It's embarrassing.

Forum List

Back